Ashes Cricket described - part 4

The commentators are going to tell you, say if we were in a run chase, if we need to up the run rate.

I'm not so sure about that. I must be one of the only people that thinks bumble is overrated. I imagine 95% of what he says will be just witty catchphrases instead of actual game data. Could be wrong though.
Now, Henry blofeld on commentary would be something else. I could listen to him babble on about nothing for a year!

Let them complete the game first. Last we heard they were bug-fixing and giving final touches to it.

Firstly, all games have 'builds' - earlier versions of the game that they are prepared to show to testers. Secondly, if they are still finishing the game and bug testing it less than three weeks before it's due to release - well that sounds as though they might be rushing it out for the Ashes. Release it by all means if it's ready for the Ashes, otherwise release it when ready. I'd much rather have a game that's late than one that's buggy as hell.

Part 4 (final part)

Another area we?ve really raised the bar on this this year is with the regional variations and changes according to situation: Depending on what format of the game you?re playing, you get different atmospheres in the ground: so test crowds tend to be quieter and more reserved, whilst Twenty20 games are boisterous affairs with much louder vocal crowds.
In different regions, there?s an extra little layer on top: So in a T20 game not only do you get music playing, for example when a boundary is scored, depending on where you?re playing you?ll get different music: If you?re in the West Indies, you?ll hear Steel drums. In Australia you get rock music and so forth.
Right, we?re getting to the end of our demo now, so I?ll just throw a bit more data about the breadth of content in the game. We have 16 International teams, 10 Original Teams to choose from.

The-Ashes-2013-2013-Ashes-Tour-Australia-in-England.jpg

There?s also the competition-winning teams of Exeter and Macquarie universities to choose from.
You can use these teams to play several preset competitions (Test, ODI and T20) and you can also choose from different formats and game lengths to create your own tournaments as well. We have over 20 different stadiums worldwide.
You can edit players as well, so you can put yourself in the game and assign your own attributes, and you can also kit yourself out in licensed kit in the game: Bats, pads, gloves, footwear and the like from the leading manufacturers in the game including Gray Nicholls, Spartan, Adidas, Kookaburra, Asics, Puma, Gunn and Moore and more.
There?s almost 200 individual items to kit out your player in the industry?s finest.
And with that final burst of numbers, that concludes the morning session and brings us to lunch!
Thanks for you attention, and really looking forwards to everyone getting their hands on the game very soon!

The sound and atmosphere part of the game is such a huge part of the overall experience, good to hear they've put more thought and time into that aspect, especially with the crowds. I hope it's a little more than 'volume up' - 'volume down' though and the crowd will actually sound different via source-recording than just a volume/mix change. Good stuff, thanks for the report Barmy.

Wait..so they have cut down the stadiums from 28 to 20? And it's not the first article I have read where this is mentioned. Can someone please confirm it?

Part 4 (final part)

Hi Chief, Are we able to edit the names of the 10 preset teams as well as the university teams? I remember in IC2010 on the PS3 that it had teams such as Thunder and Lizards which were based on IPL teams but I couldn't change the team names to what they should have been ie: Mumbai Indians and Kolkata KR. Will we be able to alter this? As i would ideally like to replicate an english T20 comp that includes the Essex Eagles and Sussex Sharks etc.

Thanks again barmy, a good read. Waiting to see the game now.:spy

Wait..so they have cut down the stadiums from 28 to 20? And it's not the first article I have read where this is mentioned. Can someone please confirm it?

Over 20 Stadiums... over means more than, 28 is more than 20...

4 licensed teams (England, Australia, Exeter Uni, MacQuarrie Uni)
14 unlicensed national teams
10 (?) original teams

Not sure about the last part.

Users who are viewing this thread