Ashes Cricket described - part 4

The 10 will be made up of fake ipl and then a few all star teams like IC2010 had. I don't mind as long as I can change the fake team names and player names.

Then it should be almost 30, not over 20. That's how you exaggerate things especially in marketing term but then again we're talking about 505 games marketing..

You are reading way too much there. It was mentioned as part of describing the game, just like Mike Fegan referred to payer editor as player "creator".

There probably will be. There was in IC10.

If I am correct there were something less than 30 Indian players. You'd require atleast 63 to complete the 9 teams. IPL XI or something similar might make it, but I can hardly imagine of all of them being there....

If I am correct there were something less than 30 Indian players. You'd require atleast 63 to complete the 9 teams. IPL XI or something similar might make it, but I can hardly imagine of all of them being there....
The mode will be like the T20 League mode in IC2010 - there were 8 teams made up of players from all the other unlicensed teams. It isn't going to be an IPL with fake names, just a tournament in that format that should make it easy enough to edit it to be that.

The mode will be like the T20 League mode in IC2010 - there were 8 teams made up of players from all the other unlicensed teams. It isn't going to be an IPL with fake names, just a tournament in that format that should make it easy enough to edit it to be that.

Yeah, that would be right. For a person like me who hasn't played IC10, it's easy to have got it wrong.

Does anyone know if any teams more than those 4 licensed, 14 unlicensed national & 10 other teams can be made.

Yeah, that would be right. For a person like me who hasn't played IC10, it's easy to have got it wrong.

Does anyone know if any teams more than those 4 licensed, 14 unlicensed national & 10 other teams can be made.

As per my understanding you can tweak the players in the existing teams but you can't create new players or create new teams. The unlicensed teams would be provided to us so we wouldn't need to create new teams.

i don't see anything about the AI. that's the most important part of a cricket game

That whole part about the match situation is about the AI. My biggest gripe about previous games was that the AI had a *grasp* of what they should be doing, but it was weighted towards ball-to-ball ("Is it a poor ball? I'll smack this") rather than towards the match ("It's a poor ball, but we're so far ahead there's no need to risk hitting it"). They also had no real idea what the par score was: They could chase a total, but couldn't really take the initiative because they only had a loose idea of their goal.

That's been programmed into AC13, and is oh so much better an experience.

i don't see anything about the AI. that's the most important part of a cricket game

Discussion about AI in a game is a moot point. The only way you can really know about AI is if you get your hands on the game or if you have folks like PCers write reviews of the game. I am sorry, but no amount of visuals - screenshots, trailers & gameplay videos - will ever be able to tell anything about the AI, and this holds true for any video game. Depth of AI can only be experienced when you play it and not by watching a video/trailer.

----------

That whole part about the match situation is about the AI. My biggest gripe about previous games was that the AI had a *grasp* of what they should be doing, but it was weighted towards ball-to-ball ("Is it a poor ball? I'll smack this") rather than towards the match ("It's a poor ball, but we're so far ahead there's no need to risk hitting it"). They also had no real idea what the par score was: They could chase a total, but couldn't really take the initiative because they only had a loose idea of their goal.
That's been programmed into AC13, and is oh so much better an experience.

If you manage to nail it, it would be the first time in a cricket video game :yes

Discussion about AI in a game is a moot point. The only way you can really know about AI is if you get your hands on the game or if you have folks like PCers write reviews of the game. I am sorry, but no amount of visuals - screenshots, trailers & gameplay videos - will ever be able to tell anything about the AI, and this holds true for any video game. Depth of AI can only be experienced when you play it and not by watching a video/trailer.

----------

If you manage to nail it, it would be the first time in a cricket video game :yes

This we know. :yes

Users who are viewing this thread