Ashes Cricket described - part 4

That whole part about the match situation is about the AI. My biggest gripe about previous games was that the AI had a *grasp* of what they should be doing, but it was weighted towards ball-to-ball ("Is it a poor ball? I'll smack this") rather than towards the match ("It's a poor ball, but we're so far ahead there's no need to risk hitting it"). They also had no real idea what the par score was: They could chase a total, but couldn't really take the initiative because they only had a loose idea of their goal.

That's been programmed into AC13, and is oh so much better an experience.

NOW your talking !! i trust you on this and feel lot better about pre ordering the game !!!

That whole part about the match situation is about the AI. My biggest gripe about previous games was that the AI had a *grasp* of what they should be doing, but it was weighted towards ball-to-ball ("Is it a poor ball? I'll smack this") rather than towards the match ("It's a poor ball, but we're so far ahead there's no need to risk hitting it"). They also had no real idea what the par score was: They could chase a total, but couldn't really take the initiative because they only had a loose idea of their goal.

If you truly have nailed that, you've done something no other game has done before - not even the great Brian Lara cricket game of years back.

If that's true I'll be super happy. I was playing as Australia against India and India chased down 125 in 10 overs but in another game when India batted first they only made 80 even though they only lost 2 wickets. I used the exact conditions so this could do great things for the game!

Last night I had a dream that this forum was filled with loads of screenshots and videos.
one of the videos even had a guy doing 'Pitch Report':noway

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to experience it live.

My question is regarding the field settings. Didn't we have this option as 'custom field setting' in EA Cricket 07? or maybe I am missing something. Please explain.

My question is regarding the field settings. Didn't we have this option as 'custom field setting' in EA Cricket 07? or maybe I am missing something. Please explain.

In ashes 2013 you can drag and drop your fielder anywhere,whereas in cricket 07 you can only place your fielder in specified field positions.

Hi Chief,
You have said that a player has the option of setting custom field, so does this include putting the wicket-keeper up to the stumps to medium pacers as and when required. Also does the AI follows the same tactics when required ?

I see from Part 4 of the interview that there are lots of official bats in the game.
Will there be Slazenger, Woodworm and New Balance Bats in the game?
Will all the officially licensed players from Australia and England have the official bats or will there be some generic bats assigned to them?

I see from Part 4 of the interview that there are lots of official bats in the game.
Will there be Slazenger, Woodworm and New Balance Bats in the game?
Will all the officially licensed players from Australia and England have the official bats or will there be some generic bats assigned to them?

We haven't yet released a FULL list of equipment, but there are lots more than mentioned already (from your 3 examples, I think you'll be OK!)

I *think* each and every licensed player is fully kitted out with the correct suite of equipment. If it's not 100%, it's in the very high 90%s... I'm sure that will be included in an announcement somewhere soon.

Some of the "Generic" stuff from Codemasters was actually really cool looking last time around in AC09 ...hope there's a 505/Trickstar generic set as well?

...Yeah, I saw. was hoping they weren't "placeholder" logos that's all.

There's Trickstar generic stuff in the screenshots.

I hadn't really noticed before but the attention to detail is good that they even have the block of flats in the model for Lord's. Though in this one the trees behind the media centre appear to be too close to the ground, that's the Nursery Ground behind there.

Users who are viewing this thread