Ashes Cricket described - part 4

^ could be another bug, just like ashes cricket 09 had a run out bug:noway

I'll give it 10 outta 5 if i can surround the tail with silly point, backward short leg, forward short leg and get those fine bat-pad dismissals of a spinner like Swan or Ajmal. :p

I'll give it 10 outta 5 if i can surround the tail with silly point, backward short leg, forward short leg and get those fine bat-pad dismissals of a spinner like Swan or Ajmal.
As part of reviewing the game I suspect I'll be doing something similar with the whole match, I think the fully flexible field placements will inevitably lead to terrible bugs of being able to topple teams for nothing with around the bat field placements. I certainly think that's what you'll see all over online play.

If it does, I'd demand that it gets fixed by the fielders just getting confused if there's too many close in and deflecting the ball to the fence instead. Would also be nice to bowl the ball for a six.

I wish they have physics similar to FIFA. Like 2 players going for the same catch and colliding with each other.:p

have any one noticed the score in those screenshots? its Eng 16/5 :eek: :eek: and all dismissals look like bowled pattinson

Lol. Marketing departments very rarely play the game properly when they're just taking screenshots - I wouldn't pay any attention to that: It's not at all reflective of anything going wrong with the game. :D

Or the bowler Fus-Ro-Dah'ing the batsman through the stands...

----------

Uh-oh... :facepalm

Hahaha, Too much Skyrim eh.

----------

Just tell everyone already chief, that the real developers of Ashes 13 are the minions from Despicable Me working somewhere deep down under you mansion 24 X 7. That's why you are so confident that you'll finish it before the deadline. Human devs are just for the appearance ;)

Lol. Marketing departments very rarely play the game properly when they're just taking screenshots - I wouldn't pay any attention to that: It's not at all reflective of anything going wrong with the game. :D

lol at your marketting dept , I think they all should be fired for releasing the crappy alpha screenshots and non existing marketting campaign for Ac13, Seriously why are you guys shooting yourself on the foot or do you actually have given up against BA cricket?

lol at your marketting dept , I think they all should be fired for releasing the crappy alpha screenshots and non existing marketting campaign for Ac13, Seriously why are you guys shooting yourself on the foot or do you actually have given up against BA cricket?

There is an extensive marketing campaign: it hasn't begun in earnest yet. The core fanbase are the early target, hence the community/social media work. The cricketing fanbase (hence the back-cover ads in this month's "Cricketer" magazine) is just ramping up, and the mass market campaign will commence just before release when Ashes fever reaches boiling point.

It's the best possible way to optimise the marketing.

There is an extensive marketing campaign: it hasn't begun in earnest yet. The core fanbase are the early target, hence the community/social media work. The cricketing fanbase (hence the back-cover ads in this month's "Cricketer" magazine) is just ramping up, and the mass market campaign will commence just before release when Ashes fever reaches boiling point.

How much closer? surely this has to be the time!...........

Thanks for sharing the info :thumbs

When you say "mass market campaign will commence just before release when Ashes fever reaches boiling point" does it mean the game release will be delayed to coincide with the Ashes opener or are you sugesting the marketing campaign will be launched in full earnest after the game is released?

Last edited:

Well good to hear something constructive Chief. I am afraid I slip between supporting the game and cynicism but I have for a long time already pre-ordered and want to give the game the benefit of the doubt. I seriously dont understand the tactic of setting up an official forum, seeing decline into absolute gutter press rubbish and just leaving it there. Anyhow I guess if the game is good people will forget it soon enough. May I suggest next time you set up a forum to gague how fans would like to see PR taken on? If you State months ago that we would start to see plenty of screens and videos from February onwards you cant really blame people for becoming frustrated....

Users who are viewing this thread