Ashes Cricket described - part 4

How much closer? surely this has to be the time!...........

Day before, just when people are thinking of the ashes.

Theres leaving it late and realllllly leaving it late!

For me its the buggy screenshots that were released! Who checked them?!? As im pretty sure he was either ill that day or too busy playing the game!!

Well good to hear something constructive Chief. I am afraid I slip between supporting the game and cynicism but I have for a long time already pre-ordered and want to give the game the benefit of the doubt. I seriously dont understand the tactic of setting up an official forum, seeing decline into absolute gutter press rubbish and just leaving it there. Anyhow I guess if the game is good people will forget it soon enough. May I suggest next time you set up a forum to gague how fans would like to see PR taken on? If you State months ago that we would start to see plenty of screens and videos from February onwards you cant really blame people for becoming frustrated....

I said "I would expect" stuff from February onwards. I've been very careful to always say "I expect" because I don't have control over those things - I'm giving you guys the inside track, but I won't give you official, definitive answers: that's not in my power.

----------

Day before, just when people are thinking of the ashes.

Theres leaving it late and realllllly leaving it late!

The mass market campaign will happen when they can go to a store/website and buy it. For the mass market if they see an advert weeks before, they will have forgotten about it by the time it comes out.
I'm not a marketing guy, but that makes sense to me...

I said "I would expect" stuff from February onwards. I've been very careful to always say "I expect" because I don't have control over those things - I'm giving you guys the inside track, but I won't give you official, definitive answers: that's not in my power.

----------

The mass market campaign will happen when they can go to a store/website and buy it. For the mass market if they see an advert weeks before, they will have forgotten about it by the time it comes out.

Fair enough! However, if i saw something advertised a month in advance and i loved cricket I would then be counting down the days till release. Surely if the mass market all forgot it they wouldnt be that keen in first place and wouldn bother?

I work at a school and have told some of the kids as long ago as xmas, still today one of them mentioned it and asked if it was still coming. So surely the mass market would be cricket lovers who wouldnt forget?

If you dont enjoy cricket a cricket game is something your not going to even remotely entertain!

Last edited:
Fair enough! However, if i saw something advertised a month in advance and i loved cricket I would then be counting down the days till release. Surely if the mass market all forgot it they wouldnt be that keen in first place and wouldn bother?

Well that's why the wider Cricket fan campaign slightly earlier...
And you underestimate the mass market. Sales figures on previous games tell me that the potential audience for a cricket game during the Ashes doubles in number: AC09 outsold IC10 by more than 2 to 1 (and only came out in time for the 4th test) despite IC10 being a much better game...

I said "I would expect" stuff from February onwards. I've been very careful to always say "I expect" because I don't have control over those things - I'm giving you guys the inside track, but I won't give you official, definitive answers: that's not in my power...

But surely it is in your power and interest to go the powers that be and explain to them how things are and that you would at least like to explain in detail why expectations havent been met. The cynical part of me says there is more to all of this than meets the eye....

Well that's why the wider Cricket fan campaign slightly earlier...
And you underestimate the mass market. Sales figures on previous games tell me that the potential audience for a cricket game during the Ashes doubles in number: AC09 outsold IC10 by more than 2 to 1 (and only came out in time for the 4th test) despite IC10 being a much better game...

Agreed! Its always interesting to get an insight! I dont confess to know anything about it really. Do you think the gripes people had with 09 impacted 2010 sales aswell?

Genuinly hope the game sells well i for one have already pre ordered. I think sometimes seeing this forum makes you more impatient!!

Ps: if this gets delayed at the last minute, this forum is going to explode! Ha!

Chief, if it's in your power, can you let us know whether we can expect Ross to go "full monty" on Bourke Street come June 21st :D

Agreed! Its always interesting to get an insight! I dont confess to know anything about it really. Do you think the gripes people had with 09 impacted 2010 sales aswell?

Given that the AC09 Wii version sold more than either the 360 or PS3 versions, I don't think so - That was considerably less well received critically.

But surely it is in your power and interest to go the powers that be and explain to them how things are and that you would at least like to explain in detail why expectations havent been met. The cynical part of me says there is more to all of this than meets the eye....

Ah who am I kidding....

So are you saying that the ''mass market campaign'' will start on the 21st?

Good to see how he's selectively answering the questions. Must be hard tiptoeing around such a minefield of questions. :rolleyes

So are you saying that the ''mass market campaign'' will start on the 21st?

Nope: I was really just offering an alternative viewpoint to counter the accusations that the marketing is below par. I don't think it is...

Nope: I was really just offering an alternative viewpoint to counter the accusations that the marketing is below par. I don't think it is...

Seeing is believing Chief... let's see what happens on June 21st and later. The jury will be out till then.

I can understand that you cannot give any info regarding gameplay without publishers permissions but what i fail to understand is what's stopping you from telling us the system requirements. It's be nice to prepare ourselves in advance rather than ordering a new GPU and wait for a few more days to play it.

Chief are you planning on showing your buttocks in a highstreet of your choice if the game doesn't release on the 21st?

Users who are viewing this thread