Ashes Cricket General Discussion

yeah take a look like there india teams nz and domestic im unsure why they did the big bash when they have to update them
FYI. Those are the latest BBL kits to be used in the UPCOMING season. So if you have no idea what you are talking about rather do not comment.

They may as well be extrapolating from tea leaves, every developer I've ever spoken with laughs at how inaccurate they are.

Jeez. We know they are inaccurate. *I'm* saying yes they are inaccurate. But only like someone looking at one piece of a jigsaw and using only that trying to describe what the whole puzzle looks like.
There ARE no accurate figures available except your own sales reports, which pretty much no-one reveals outside. SO, like I say, you take what you DO know (from what you can, as I listed some examples of) and then add all the other data sources you can find to get a proper idea, then you form an opinion of what it all means. That's

I've lost track of where you think I am on the brand argument. I don't think a brand has no value: I'm saying I don't think it's important to BA right now given the landscape. I think having ASHES (the very best license to have) on the box and building the BA brand in-game and in the community is the best possible place for them to be right now. IF a competitor came along at some point then sure, you might want to look at it, but they'd be in SUCH a position of strength I simply cannot see another company getting close short of snatching the Ashes licence and making a brilliant game (which would cost a HUGE investment) at the first time of asking (and even then they'd still be catching up).

I reckon i saw a couple of images of the static camera somewhere.. i cant find it in the game though post day 1 patch version.
It wont be, was only added after the beta discussion thread was here last week, so it will probably only be patch 2

Reactions: Pat
Jeez. We know they are inaccurate. *I'm* saying yes they are inaccurate. But only like someone looking at one piece of a jigsaw and using only that trying to describe what the whole puzzle looks like.

When we say inaccurate, what we're talking is so inaccurate that it's not even worth discussing their figures. It may as well be tealeaves, they offer no clear methodology, no transparency about their process, and it shows in their results.

There ARE no accurate figures available except your own sales reports, which pretty much no-one reveals outside. SO, like I say, you take what you DO know (from what you can, as I listed some examples of) and then add all the other data sources you can find to get a proper idea, then you form an opinion of what it all means. That's

Except we know vgchartz isn't accurate enough to even be discussion fodder, particularly about the games you're trying to discuss.

I've lost track of where you think I am on the brand argument. I don't think a brand has no value: I'm saying I don't think it's important to BA right now given the landscape. I think having ASHES (the very best license to have) on the box and building the BA brand in-game and in the community is the best possible place for them to be right now. IF a competitor came along at some point then sure, you might want to look at it, but they'd be in SUCH a position of strength I simply cannot see another company getting close short of snatching the Ashes licence and making a brilliant game (which would cost a HUGE investment) at the first time of asking (and even then they'd still be catching up).

I agree that Ashes is a good place for them to be going from here, but that's not really what my original point was. What you seemed to be arguing a few pages back was: "branding doesn't really matter much for cricket games", which I countered with the point that there's never really be a strong brand with a continual presence.

It's not just about another company coming along, having a strong brand is about building recognition and having a trusted product that people will pick up consistently. Even without competition, having such and building such has long term benefits. There's a reason that Football Manager does well year on year despite filling a small niche. It's not just a one on one battle, it's about convincing a larger fraction of the market that the game is of high quality and worth their money and time.

More amazing stuff in this video from @mazd :

At around 2:50, there is an edge from the batsman that ricocheted from the keeper's pad and is caught by slip! Don't think I ever saw that in any cricket game before.

Hey guys. Can anyone living in australia confirm the price on the ps store ? How much will it cost exactly?

Dbc 17 was 99.9 AUD, is this going to be cheaper? Need quick answeres

Now that the game is almost out for many people, the bug posts are started popping up. Bugs mentioned may be minor ones, major ones, rare ones, BA may be aware of some and working on that.

I request @BigAntStudios to drop in once every fortnight to let users know what are the bugs that are been worked out in a separate thread (where other people are not allowed to post), so as to keep the users updated on the issues. I guess this was not in the prior releases.
Sometimes when no answer or update from BA, the users tend to flood the thread with bug post.

Can it be done @BigAntStudios?

Now that the game is almost out for many people, the bug posts are started popping up. Bugs mentioned may be minor ones, major ones, rare ones, BA may be aware of some and working on that.

I request @BigAntStudios to drop in once every fortnight to let users know what are the bugs that are been worked out in a separate thread (where other people are not allowed to post), so as to keep the users updated on the issues. I guess this was not in the prior releases.
Sometimes when no answer or update from BA, the users tend to flood the thread with bug post.

Can it be done @BigAntStudios?
Good idea.

Some bugs are affecting the online game badly atm. It’s almost unplayable with the runout and not being able to get back when you bat outside the crease :( I hope a patch will come VERY soon so we can be able to play normally again.

Folks, Let’s not deviate from the game discussion here..

The day one patch is available now on both Xbox One and PS4 - it's highly recommended to download it prior to running the game.

If you get an initial boot screen that asks you which control options you want to use, you have the day one patch.

@MattW Can you confirm that the day one patch includes the 2 new static cameras?

Users who are viewing this thread