Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Agreed, they are there, but it's not how it was. I've flagged it up

Cheers. Batting feels a bit OP. Played on various pitches on Hard batting. Think i nicked off with Barry Balance on 1.04 but none since. Unless i play a stupid shot i can't get out. Maybe i'm just amazing at batting though yeah? :)

Problem is one min people want more edges then people want it to be easy to hit sixes bro.. and no one is ever happy.

For me at the mo their is a lack on both batting and bowling.

I'm on veteran and only nicked the seamers once in 90 overs and that was only due to going back to a green.

You should also nick off when blocking @Spoobir I agree. It's where a lot of people nick off.

This is the state of the pitch late on day 5... Absolute roadimage.jpeg

Yeah I'm not so convinced with edges at mo. If anything needs tweaking its them. I don't edge when batting much either

guess you are playing with Eng and Aus? maybe it's normal for top teams. Has anyone tried some county match? Certainly defensive shots seems to be safe and never edge, but
i wouldnt risk changing something and causing the opposite problem.

Cheers. Batting feels a bit OP. Played on various pitches on Hard batting. Think i nicked off with Barry Balance on 1.04 but none since. Unless i play a stupid shot i can't get out. Maybe i'm just amazing at batting though yeah? :)

Nah I'm traditionally crap at batting, and I'm
Seeing the seamers off easily. It's def not how it should be especially on vet and higher.

In the patch notes for 1.04 there was something about spinners getting into line better. I wondered if this has been translated into getting into line better against everyone and hence never getting a play and miss. I think it may be the dead deck and that has almost too much bearing on what happens. Although having a look at some of the dross dead pitches served up IRL, maybe it is realistic.

Don't do that to me man you had me thinking they'd been messing with the Ai.

From experience, with no insight to how it is coded it seems to me you need at least 2 of pitch, overhead and ball condition in your favour to feel really dangerous when bowling.
None and you're really hanging in there.

guess you are playing with Eng and Aus? maybe it's normal for top teams. Has anyone tried some county match? Certainly defensive shots seems to be safe and never edge, but

Bowled a bit at bangladesh to check if it was easier to dismiss less talented batmen with lower stats. Didn't see any edges on a green pitch.

Can always change and test it like we have been doing apart from latest patch.

For me there is a serious lack. Your point on lower ability is a good one. But still a 90 starc should draw an edge from me.

Problem is one min people want more edges then people want it to be easy to hit sixes bro.. and no one is ever happy.

For me at the mo their is a lack on both batting and bowling.

I'm on veteran and only nicked the seamers once in 90 overs and that was only due to going back to a green.

You should also nick off when blocking @Spoobir I agree. It's where a lot of people nick off.

You are absolutely right. Remember we all begged for more edges in '14, now in '17 the AI can't make a score because they'll always edge the ball eventually. And now in Ashes we want competitive AI so the edges dry up again! :lol

Shows how fine the balance is in getting the cricket good.

Also my response would be that the people who want to hit sixes should play on the easier difficulties. Some of us want to nick off to perfectly pitched out-swinger that we play at when we shouldn't :p

Batting definitely feels overpowered. I have been playin on legend and hard batting and its pretty easy to hit back to back sixes. Have been scoring runs at will. I am on xbox one with day 1 update.

I think they need to make batting a little harder.

You are absolutely right. Remember we all begged for more edges in '14, now in '17 the AI can't make a score because they'll always edge the ball eventually. And now in Ashes we want competitive AI so the edges dry up again! :lol

Shows how fine the balance is in getting the cricket good.

Also my response would be that the people who want to hit sixes should play on the easier difficulties. Some of us want to nick off to perfectly pitched out-swinger that we play at when we shouldn't :p

Yes this is the thing and why it's so tough. People hates nicking off to perfect perfect last year.

I weirdly likes it as I just imagined I'd got an absolute jagger and it kept it unpredictable.

Batting definitely feels overpowered. I have been playin on legend and hard batting and its pretty easy to hit back to back sixes. Have been scoring runs at will. I am on xbox one with day 1 update.

I think they need to make batting a little harder.

You know batting is overpowered when @passwordistaco is smashing it all over the park every innings. :p

Anyway, this is all good chat and food for thought for testing.

I LOVE the game.

My gripe at moment is pitch visuals and deterioration which is being looked at.

And edges for AI and User batting[DOUBLEPOST=1511116500][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know batting is overpowered when @passwordistaco is smashing it all over the park every innings. :p

Yeah, saw that, it should be tougher, it was tougher

I just bowled that 30 overs on a green worn pitch and had none so yeah it's not quite right ATM

I'm pretty sympathetic to be honest. Got to be SO hard to get the balance right. Any tweak they make to the game seems to throw so much other stuff off course.

Users who are viewing this thread