Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm struggling to take wickets but maybe it's my career player being so low in attributes or the new control scheme I'm using.
I started on pro took 1 wicket then reduced to amateur and took 4 wickets. I'm using the new standard controls face buttons. Does it pay more dividends to play the classic (R stick) controls as there seems to be more variations of deliveries compared to the new controls. I wish there was seem angle in the new controls

Absolutely loving the game and has to be the best cricket game ever.
Best moment has been bowling Maxwell with a beauty. Cross seam Yorker that he blocked down the wrong line. Will try and upload the video.

Just got few little things that I was wondering if they are being looked at:
1. Running between wicket. Why is the non-striker no longer ready to run. He just stands in his crease. Took a suicidal run which may have been closer if he had backed up and been ready
2. Batsmen aren’t grounding their bats early enough. A lot of the runs has the batsmen grounding well after the crease. Had one where he grounded in line with wickets
3. Is time being added on for breaks in play? If not the timings could do with being looked at for realism. The tea break ended at 300pm in my current game and had bowled 90 overs by 430.

As said only little things and just goes to show that we just about have the complete package

Yeah it's deffo there, just was a better balance before hand.

No need for anyone to panic, but it's why people need to chill on the demands

Yeah patience is needed for sure.:clap

I bet edges do happen but something is wrong the reason why I wanted to take about it with you guys/girls.
I have batted for 105 overs in a test on medium, pro/green wicket and overcast with rain and I scored 335 all out with 4 runouts:facepalm my faults but only maybe 9 or 10 edges with 8 being inside edges and the other two being the late cut to keeper and one edge off a leg glance back to the bowler but short of him. Yes I counted them as I am a cricket nut.:yes

I do feel DBC17 got this area near right but in ashes I believe if you play on say hard/hardiest and legend you should be edging a lot more and pro about the same level as DBC 17.

PS Now for the defense shots. bowled and LBW are spot on as I get out a lot as you need to time then correctly or you will pay and you should be the game as it's part of the real game. Now DBC14 was to much so somewhere between DBC14 and DBC17 would be best as leaving the ball would be required for sure. Going to be hard to balance but at the moment slips for the AI is near useless. Anyway Thanks Bigant as others have said the core gameplay is so great it's like playing cricket well near as I suck in real life.:(

Yeah patience is needed for sure.:clap

I bet edges do happen but something is wrong the reason why I wanted to take about it with you guys/girls.
I have batted for 105 overs in a test on medium, pro/green wicket and overcast with rain and I scored 335 all out with 4 runouts:facepalm my faults but only maybe 9 or 10 edges with 8 being inside edges and the other two being the late cut to keeper and one edge off a leg glance back to the bowler but short of him. Yes I counted them as I am a cricket nut.:yes

I do feel DBC17 got this area near right but in ashes I believe if you play on say hard/hardiest and legend you should be edging a lot more and pro about the same level as DBC 17.

PS Now for the defense shots. bowled and LBW are spot on as I get out a lot as you need to time then correctly or you will pay and you should be the game as it's part of the real game. Now DBC14 was to much so somewhere between DBC14 and DBC17 would be best as leaving the ball would be required for sure. Going to be hard to balance but at the moment slips for the AI is near useless. Anyway Thanks Bigant as others have said the core gameplay is so great it's like playing cricket well near as I suck in real life.:(

Agreed, we are on it

Agreed, we are on it

Thanks mate. From what I see the bowling and AI batting has had the most work and rightly so and now just the batting needs to be balanced. Then ashes cricket will be the next level stuff. Exciting for sure.

PS One thing I think would be nice and only talking as it's not that important would be a few tweaks to AI while they bowl from the Shane 99 time.

After you make it say past 40 the AI put more fielders outside the ring, this is mixed bag at the moment as they do sometimes plus what I loved about Shane 99 was the AI would bring all there fielders inside the ring on 95 to try and stop you making a ton I loved this.:cheers

I'm confused. I though having match difficulty on easier settings would create more edges from the AI and playing on legend would make it close to impossible. Human edges comes down to batting difficulty and sliders. So imo to see the most edges from both sides u want to playing on rookie match difficulty, green pitch and hardest batting??

I'm confused. I though having match difficulty on easier settings would create more edges from the AI and playing on legend would make it close to impossible. Human edges comes down to batting difficulty and sliders. So imo to see the most edges from both sides u want to playing on rookie match difficulty, green pitch and hardest batting??
How do we set the batting difficulty? In Gameplay Modifiers? By enabling the slider?

How do we set the batting difficulty? In Gameplay Modifiers? By enabling the slider?

Before the match on the controller selection screen. Batting/Bowling/Fielding difficulty settings are here. These are human settings. Match difficulty is purely AI and that's on the last screen with the ground and pitch settings

No what i'm saying is a more balanced game with edges. Medium and pro is what I like as I am say average or maybe a little above average at the game. If you play on say hard/Legend you just miss the ball a lot as the edges don't work correctly at the moment. Say this on hardiest/Legend you edge it say 4/10 for late miss, Medium/ pro say 2/10. I do understand this is not how to program a game just showing that the harder the setting are the more of a chance a edge will happen.

My player in player editor looks OK with wheatish or fair skin tone. As soon as i play any match the skin tone is different. Same happens with Indian team which i downloaded. In editor all player have realistic skin tone but on field all the players have the same dark skin tone. Is this an issue? Or am i missing something

Before the match on the controller selection screen. Batting/Bowling/Fielding difficulty settings are here. These are human settings. Match difficulty is purely AI and that's on the last screen with the ground and pitch settings

There is also a yes or no for letting the sliders work in the game if i'm correct. I set it on medium and yes and then tweak the game sliders for what I want, at the moment it's 56/56 for bowling speeds and swing at 72 and shot force 70. I don't remember the rest.

Thanks mate. New to this game. Then what are sliders and enable slider option in Pause Menu> Gameplay Modifiers? Is it same or something different.

I just finished a T20 Competition and below are the updates wrt Stats:-

Overall highest Scores does reflect correctly now.
Overall BBI also shows correct figures.
Highest scores still has incorrect not out* symbol however no impact on Batting Average. It shows correct figure.
Competition stats does not show up in Earned stats in the Academy as informed.

Cheers.

Absolutely loving the game and has to be the best cricket game ever.

Just got few little things that I was wondering if they are being looked at:
1. Running between wicket. Why is the non-striker no longer ready to run. He just stands in his crease. Took a suicidal run which may have been closer if he had backed up and been ready

Yes yes yes! I agree i have been meaning to go into replay and see if the non-striker is walking forward during the bowl.

I recall a few matches ago seeing a review where they were checking the delivery and seeing my NS just standing and not walking forward with the bat drag. I meant to check it but forgot as I continued on. Thanks for reminding me with this post.

Users who are viewing this thread