Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Yeah just turn it off or on. Simple and easy to use. Ashes is very user friendly.
Under Pause Menu> Gameplay Modifier> Batting> Enable when i enable it to yes then even at easiest i am not able to touch the ball. There are parameters like 'SHOT TIMING DIFFICULTY', FOOT PLACEMENT DIFFICULTY' etc etc

I just finished a T20 Competition and below are the updates wrt Stats:-

Overall highest Scores does reflect correctly now.
Overall BBI also shows correct figures.
Highest scores still has incorrect not out* symbol however no impact on Batting Average. It shows correct figure.
Competition stats does not show up in Earned stats in the Academy as informed.

Cheers.
Great news. What difficulty you played with? I just had a t20 eng vs sa on veteran mode hard batting difficulty. Batted in both innings,eng 174 all out in 20, SA 175/3 in 11.3 overs. Was too easy to chase once had set batsmen. So wondering if i am missing something.

That is actually a good review. I agree completely with that review that there is a lot of positive from this game and it just feels fresh. Crowd is better than previous games which means its getting better. Hopefully some day we will have good crowds. Commentary is boring and I have seen James Taylor repeating same line 6 times in a row for a defensive shot. I remember EA Cricket had tours where they would say he has not had good tour so far which was good to hear. For me Stats and Commentary are two things BA needs to work going ahead for their title.

So to sum up this evenings bowling. Two wickets, two skied catches to deep long on and deep point off Nathan Lyon on the first morning of the test (veteran). Two conservative batsmen. A shame, because all the cricket in between was good. It's like when you bowl a bad ball the eyes light up and they spoon it in the air.

i'm still on 1.01.03, playing a Test with Scotland and Netherlands. Not using the top team is certainly giving different results.
I batted first and now i'm bowling, and i got the first wicket after few overs, was absolutely great (unlucky for Netherlands).
And the female commentator showed her competence too.

I've been playing a test on veteran difficulty with medium bowling.

So far in the 2nd innings, I have had 3 edged to keeper/slips and a bowled.

So at the moment, things look pretty good, bearing in mind that it's just a one match sample.

I can't quite remember the conditions, i will see if I can check when I get home.

I just finished a T20 Competition and below are the updates wrt Stats:-

Overall highest Scores does reflect correctly now.
Overall BBI also shows correct figures.
Highest scores still has incorrect not out* symbol however no impact on Batting Average. It shows correct figure.
Competition stats does not show up in Earned stats in the Academy as informed.

Cheers.

I tried a T20 Tour and the stats worked the same way as the T20 Competition.

That is actually a good review. I agree completely with that review that there is a lot of positive from this game and it just feels fresh. Crowd is better than previous games which means its getting better. Hopefully some day we will have good crowds. Commentary is boring and I have seen James Taylor repeating same line 6 times in a row for a defensive shot. I remember EA Cricket had tours where they would say he has not had good tour so far which was good to hear. For me Stats and Commentary are two things BA needs to work going ahead for their title.

I thought the Xbox references were a bit much. You'd think it was a Microsoft site.

Under Pause Menu> Gameplay Modifier> Batting> Enable when i enable it to yes then even at easiest i am not able to touch the ball. There are parameters like 'SHOT TIMING DIFFICULTY', FOOT PLACEMENT DIFFICULTY' etc etc

Yeah the higher the sliders go the harder the game gets. I would say medium at around the 45/55 levels are best as you can hit the ball more but still miss but if still to easy just go up a little. On 90/100 it's very hard as it should be.

Just curious with a game engine like this how hard is it to vary the replay camera angles more?

From what I can tell, 6’s for sure, shots seem to have only 2 replay angles.

Does the engine allow you to place camera viewpoints in more locations so there can be more variety?

Same goes for walking out prematch, dismissals, etc. These seem to have just 1 angle. Honestly the graphics get a little blurry close up so pulling these cameras back, while using the same cutscenes, it would not only look more realistic but it would make the game look better.

If you had a preset bank of say 8 camera angle locations and then could just randomly call one when showing a cutscene, the new angles would just show the existing cutscenes from new vantage points and the game would appear to have more visual variety without having to add more cutscenes.

Last edited:
On the subject of replays on dismissals most of these should be in broadcast especially LBWs and edges. Makes no sense watching a gloved glance to the keeper from square leg. From the fixed angles these dismissals look amazing.

Yeah the higher the sliders go the harder the game gets. I would say medium at around the 45/55 levels are best as you can hit the ball more but still miss but if still to easy just go up a little. On 90/100 it's very hard as it should be.
Somebody can do a video on this as tutorial to help new comers understand these about these sliders

Users who are viewing this thread