Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How to get all the correct teams, kits and names from internet on PS4? I tried doing it and it's not showing the correct data

What exactly have you tried doing? Some details might help.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
As does whether the ball is new or old.
Thats something ive really noticed, often get some prodigious swing early in games but can completely disappear as time wears on and you have to concentrate on solid line and length and variation rather than swinging it round corners etc.

Its really nicely done.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Thats something ive really noticed, often get some prodigious swing early in games but can completely disappear as time wears on and you have to concentrate on solid line and length and variation rather than swinging it round corners etc.

Its really nicely done.
To be fair , that was there in DBC17 as well

D

Deleted member 9102

What is cool to me is there are actually 12 lengths. You can hold LB/L1 for shorter than and RB/R1 for longer than for each length.
This is part of the problem though... If you can choose one of 12 intended lengths, how can it really vary enough based on timing?

For instance press X for "good length", hold R1 for slightly fuller length, if you time the release much too late can it still end up borderline short pitched (as in DBC14)?

There is no need for extra buttons to control length - DBC14 never had those L1/R1 buttons and you could hit any spot on the pitch with just timing, but also mess it up if you lost your rhythm and not hit the length you intended to... Which felt natural and realistic, especially if you turned the HUD helpers off.

Having these L1/R1 buttons is a bad thing imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Having these L1/R1 buttons is a bad thing imo.
I disagree.

I like to often bowl a good length ball holding R1 to pitch it that little bit fuller, or a yorker with L1 to bring it back a bit - and you can see the difference it makes in the graphic of each ball at the end of the over.

Janhill

School Cricketer
Hey people,
Do you know if the game is enhanced for PS4 Pro? Like 4K, HDR or better framerates?

D

Deleted member 9102

I disagree.

I like to often bowl a good length ball holding R1 to pitch it that little bit fuller, or a yorker with L1 to bring it back a bit - and you can see the difference it makes in the graphic of each ball at the end of the over.
You could do that without those buttons, as in DBC14 where you'd just release slightly earlier to pitch it slightly fuller, or later to pitch a bit shorter.

Hester

County Cricketer
I guess the title says it all. I loved IC2010 and from what I've seen on YouTube, IC2010 has better graphics, better atmosphere, better commentary, more teams, better stadia than Ashes Cricket. But which plays better?

I'm very tempted to buy Ashes but I'm not convinced by what I've seen and games are so expensive I have to be careful...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts / input.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I guess the title says it all. I loved IC2010 and from what I've seen on YouTube, IC2010 has better graphics, better atmosphere, better commentary, more teams, better stadia than Ashes Cricket. But which plays better?

I'm very tempted to buy Ashes but I'm not convinced by what I've seen and games are so expensive I have to be careful...

Inspired by Warren buffet.

Kass D

County Cricketer

IC2010 is better then Ashes 17!!! In what universe sir ?

D

Deleted member 9102

This is now back with Ashes cricket
I know, but to what extent?

A video or pitch map showing the same inputs but different timing would be appreciated. Like try a whole over of X (good length) + R1 (fuller) with earliest release timing, and another over using the same inputs with latest release timing then show the pitch map.

Here is the same thing done in DBC14, only used the good length button (A on Xbox controller);
R3nLADv.jpg

Even the extremely short ones were using the good length button, just released much too late.

Is there this level of timing based variation in Ashes?

Users who are viewing this thread