Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Also the diection you are pushing RS matter too, it can be angled anywhere between mid off to cover point with cover drive. Also early timing would result in mid off at times like ashy mentioned even though you are not targeting that area.[DOUBLEPOST=1512454642][/DOUBLEPOST]20171116121759_1.jpg 20171128092228_1.jpg

I appreciate Big Ant making cricket games as a fan of the sport.
However buying the game which immediately needs patch (twice now with DBC 17 and Ashes), cant be one of the audience who likes to sing praises for them.
Not blaming anybody here.

As long as the developers address the bugs and support the game for a reasonable time before moving into next version (with substantial new content) am okay with it.

For some this reasonable time limit tends to change, some feel the developers should support for 1 year, some feel they should for 2, 3, 5 years for some it’s lifetime. Practically the developers in this case @BigAntStudios can not sustain in the market by supporting the game forever, they need to make money bring new features in following versions. As long as the internd of @BigAntStudios is to support their game for reasonable time, the consumers should also support their products (this is my personal view)

Patches are not a bad thing to happen.
When the developers develop the game and beta testers test the game, it’s like a controlled lab test to some extend. Those results are likely to change in real life.
once the game is market more people use it, more bugs re likely to be found. So it is inevitable to release patches to address them and keep the game and sales moving forward.[DOUBLEPOST=1512454760][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks for this but my timing says perfect - i can play thru point and thru mid off but nothing really thru cover - wagon wheel is missing the cover region for me
May be try moving the stick little more inclined (classic control) and check with perfect timing.

i haven't fired up one xbox one game that hasn't required a day 1 patch...sometimes up to 8 gigs!! I mean....WTF??? the game itself is usually around 40gigs - so they sent out a game that was 80% complete???? the problem is, devs SHOULD be held accountable for this...but we as customers just lap it up so we are our own selves to blame. Same with microtransactions. Try playing NBA2k18 and you'll see a game where its designed to make you purchase VC. I'm never buying another 2K game again. Thankfully BA doesn't do that.

Anyway, developers should support their product for atleast 2 years if not more. Thats my opinion.

i haven't fired up one xbox one game that hasn't required a day 1 patch...sometimes up to 8 gigs!! I mean....WTF??? the game itself is usually around 40gigs - so they sent out a game that was 80% complete???? the problem is, devs SHOULD be held accountable for this...but we as customers just lap it up so we are our own selves to blame. Same with microtransactions. Try playing NBA2k18 and you'll see a game where its designed to make you purchase VC. I'm never buying another 2K game again. Thankfully BA doesn't do that.

Anyway, developers should support their product for atleast 2 years if not more. Thats my opinion.

You have to remember that they have to meet a deadline for the disc version to go out. Really it shows great thinking to continue working on the product to make improvements. Otherwise the delay would be another few weeks on a tight schedule.

Also the diection you are pushing RS matter too, it can be angled anywhere between mid off to cover point with cover drive. Also early timing would result in mid off at times like ashy mentioned even though you are not targeting that area.[DOUBLEPOST=1512454642][/DOUBLEPOST]View attachment 201308 View attachment 201309

Why are you not "playing in the V" ?

Or are the Mid On and Mid Off overpowered ?

Over 300 Runs , and you couldnt/didnt want to? hit a 4 straight past the bowler.

Interested.

Over 300 Runs , and you couldnt/didnt want to? hit a 4 straight past the bowler.

Interested.
For the amount of time I have played with him I can say he is more of a square player...

Interested.
In the little time I played the game (3 hours of batting in Tests) I felt scoring in V - Mid on and Mid off is little difficult. The fielders are so alert, sneaking single is little risky. Haven’t tried power driving straight, I was more concentrated on placing in gaps (mid wicket or on square of both sides or behind square on leg side).

Do we need to appeal after catching ? (Catching by moving the Left Stick into the circle and pressing X when the circle is green).
While bowling I tried catching, after catching though the ball is in the fielder hand, batsman is not leaving or not given out.

My question at this point is that, will the game prompt us to catch even for bump balls ? Or only for catches it will prompt us ? Did I miss the catch ? Little confused.

Do we need to appeal after catching ? (Catching by moving the Left Stick into the circle and pressing X when the circle is green).
While bowling I tried catching, after catching though the ball is in the fielder hand, batsman is not leaving or not given out.

My question at this point is that, will the game prompt us to catch even for bump balls ? Or only for catches it will prompt us ? Did I miss the catch ? Little confused.

There's a bug where it chews up your time to appeal in that minigame on occasion. The only time you need to appeal though are catches behind.

There's a bug where it chews up your time to appeal in that minigame on occasion. The only time you need to appeal though are catches behind.
But I see in a few videos, players do catch the ball.

Does the game prompt us to catch even the bump ball ?

Interested.

Its certainly more difficult atleast with normal straight drives but you can hit down the ground if you are going for it and get good results and some lovely straight drives too at times, but im also more of a cover drive player than straight drive.

The gap between midon and mid off is always harder to penetrate with normal drives though much better than previous games.

Last edited:
Is physical copy of Ashes 17 available in USA?

I doubt it unless you intend to import it from Europe/UK. But i wouldn't go through the hassle given the game's available digitally in North America for a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread