Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Y

I knew ppl who like to sing praise would quickly defend, see i support them too have bought all 3 titles
We all know what happened on DBC17 as i buyer i felt let down, in a real world there has to be constructive criticism.

So you can’t sustain your argument for more than one post..

You negatively spoke of the need for multiple post-release patches, seemingly holding Big Ant to an unattainable standard, given the majority of games now receive multiple post-release patches.

No one is suppressing constructive criticism. You should just be aware of the relative standards that you are holding Big Ant to

Appreciate having the patches. The developers have been nothing but accepting the faults. I do not mind getting that Day 1 patch as for me that game is still new. Also working as many 4-5 patches over a year shows the dedication. They can easily release a new game everyear with patched up releases. In this modern era lets actually again start appreciating smaller things.

All i said is minimum bugs fellas, not a word against the game.
If we had:
1) Six hitting not like a walk in the park.
2) AI setting decent fields and not changing field every ball
3) Standard option on bowling not been broken
4) Leg side shot animation sorted or reused from previous games
5) Camera work and Replays been more front on

We would have loved the game more, see #4 is an issue i can say yeah thats a bug would get sorted not #5 i mean i hit a straight drive and the replay started behind the batsmen showing me from front on how the bowler is running cmmon.

So you can’t sustain your argument for more than one post..

You negatively spoke of the need for multiple post-release patches, seemingly holding Big Ant to an unattainable standard, given the majority of games now receive multiple post-release patches.

No one is suppressing constructive criticism. You should just be aware of the relative standards that you are holding Big Ant to

Wow unattainable standard, negatively spoke of the need for multiple post-release patches, relative standards holding Big Ant ... what on earth is that.
Just laughable your imagination and interpretation.

However buying the game which immediately needs patch (twice now with DBC 17 and Ashes), cant be one of the audience who likes to sing praises for them.

Ahem. Be our guest to reword this in a clearer way so there isn’t any misinterpretation. Because my interpretation is: the game isn’t worthy of praise because it immediately required patches

All i said is minimum bugs fellas, not a word against the game.
If we had:
1) Six hitting not like a walk in the park.
2) AI setting decent fields and not changing field every ball
3) Standard option on bowling not been broken
4) Leg side shot animation sorted or reused from previous games
5) Camera work and Replays been more front on

We would have loved the game more, see #4 is an issue i can say yeah thats a bug would get sorted not #5 i mean i hit a straight drive and the replay started behind the batsmen showing me from front on how the bowler is running cmmon.
And hence proves my point correct that no game is 100% bug free, patches post releases are needed to fix it and its just not Big Ant its all other gaming studios who do that. Also #5 is the way they have implemented so its not a bug. Six hitting is not a walk in the park if you play with decent difficulty. I havent seen AI change field every ball. Just curious how many hours have you put in 2 weeks since the game has released? Just a curious question.

And hence proves my point correct that no game is 100% bug free, patches post releases are needed to fix it and its just not Big Ant its all other gaming studios who do that. Also #5 is the way they have implemented so its not a bug. Six hitting is not a walk in the park if you play with decent difficulty. I havent seen AI change field every ball. Just curious how many hours have you put in 2 weeks since the game has released? Just a curious question.
That's right, It's not a walk in a park if you are patient enough to play with modifiers

Just had a question, firstly are there any upcoming patches for XboxOne? And secondly will patches apply to existing saves e.g ongoing Ashes Series, Career, Downloaded teams etc. or will we have to start over after each patch?

Last edited:
Australia are 4 down chasing 104 :D Never been so happy and they still need 80 runs

I would guess that there is a patch coming with it as well. Just a guess.
Yeah maybe but PC will be getting the patches in quicker...:D[DOUBLEPOST=1512447175][/DOUBLEPOST]
So if the PC version releases a week before the Christmas and the Big Ant Tennis game with Rafa on the cover page releases in January, it will be a tough decision for me. I though have the X1 version, would have bought the PC version too but now since a tennis game is coming I will save up for that.
Yeah it's a tricky decision with another sports game from BA we gotta wait and see how and when the game releases worldwide..

Yeah maybe but PC will be getting the patches in quicker...:D

Seems like they are able to get PS4 patches out pretty quick as well. Xbox is the one that is getting delayed.

But yeah PC might have beta patches or smaller updates and surely the first one to get it.

3ebf4ed6-4e0a-4a2f-a606-b361294a38d8.png

In the end had this fantastic game. Was playing as England so disappointed but this result was fantastic! Thank you @BigAntStudios . With patches this game will only become better.

when i try play cover drives they keep going to the mid off area - how do we actually play the cover drives thru cover. ive tried to change foot work but not really working...

when i try play cover drives they keep going to the mid off area - how do we actually play the cover drives thru cover. ive tried to change foot work but not really working...
You need to work out the timing. My view is that to make a perfect cover drive the timing window is rather small when you drive balls pitching outside off and angle across. If it goes to the mid off, I interpret as you are a bit too early into the shot, making the ball it the inside part of the bat and taking it to mid off instead of hitting the center and rltaking it to covers.

You need to work out the timing. My view is that to make a perfect cover drive the timing window is rather small when you drive balls pitching outside off and angle across. If it goes to the mid off, I interpret as you are a bit too early into the shot, making the ball it the inside part of the bat and taking it to mid off instead of hitting the center and rltaking it to covers.

thanks for this but my timing says perfect - i can play thru point and thru mid off but nothing really thru cover - wagon wheel is missing the cover region for me

Users who are viewing this thread