Ashes Cricket General Discussion

AliKhan215

Club Captain
modifiers are not supposed to work in online mode, however currently it does seem to be activated, which means I can play you having my modifiers set to hit every ball for six mode and you can be playing on hardest, its not fair and should be removed!
I understand that it takes long to fix. But this very same issue used to be there in DBC 17 and took a super long time to be fixed. Our online league play has been suspended for weeks and a lot of people have lost interest. I hope these issues can be fixed now within a week or two. It really is ruining the excitement every online player had before buying this game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
ya this has been mentioned quite a bit, though the likely solution seems to be of removing front foot pull completely from the game.

I would rather have had it play like of dbc 14 were it would kick in only while its above waist. Though the other solutions seem to be of having it play only when used with aggressive trigger or something.

I wouldn't remove front foot shots from the game at all as it's a pretty common shot. I prefer your approach, i.e. let the appropriate shot animation kick in depending on height of the delivery. If the delivery is below chest height, it should play flick/glance else a pull shot. Same with Backfoot shots as well. Anything below chest height, it should play a glance else a pull/hook shot comes into play.

What runrate were you going at then? I have certainly had 5 out fielders in t20s, though they do have tend to use attacking fields often a bit like when a new batsman comes in etc.

I played multiple odis between Aus and Eng teams and nearly every odi my RR was over 7-8 even though I wasn't trying to hit too much. As an example in one of the matches I (Aus) was 90/1 off 11 overs chasing Eng's simulated score of 321. Moeen Ali bowled 12th over and had a weird ring field with all the fielders in the circle. The next 6 deliveries went as follows: 4,2,4,4,4,3 and yet there was no change to the field. Most of the time AI had 3 random fielders out (3/4th way to the boundary) and only once they had 4 fielders out. I ended up chasing 321 in 32 overs with 4 wkts down and was playing on 'Legend' with Batting on 'Hard' with sliders/modifiers turned on (batting modifiers were set to 55 IMO).

AI fields definitely need some work as they were random and easy to score off most of the times. One major frustration was that occasionally AI did manage to select a decent field but changed it back to another weird one randomly despite me not managing to hit a boundary against that field. Some logic needs to be put in place for field selection instead of the fields changing randomly. At the very least keep the same field unless a boundary or two are hit.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've been playing with fully assisted fielding too which I'll be honest I'm quite liking. Still if I could have one thing with that it'd maybe be the ability to override the throw and send it to the end you want. The AI often seems to miss possible run out chances, not that many occur.

semiassisted fielding without the catching minigame is what i would like to use.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
semiassisted fielding without the catching minigame is what i would like to use.
I don't mind the catching game but I haven't missed it. I did have it switched off with your hack on DBC17. I dislike having it come up for general ground fielding and it doesn't seem to be consistent as to when it's going to pop up.

I don't think I've seen a dropped catch though.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I wouldn't remove front foot shots from the game at all as it's a pretty common shot. I prefer your approach, i.e. let the appropriate shot animation kick in depending on height of the delivery. If the delivery is below chest height, it should play flick/glance else a pull shot. Same with Backfoot shots as well. Anything below chest height, it should play a glance else a pull/hook shot comes into play.

I played multiple odis between Aus and Eng teams and nearly every odi my RR was over 7-8 even though I wasn't trying to hit too much. As an example in one of the matches I (Aus) was 90/1 off 11 overs chasing Eng's simulated score of 321. Moeen Ali bowled 12th over and had a weird ring field with all the fielders in the circle. The next 6 deliveries went as follows: 4,2,4,4,4,3 and yet there was no change to the field. Most of the time AI had 3 random fielders out (3/4th way to the boundary) and only once they had 4 fielders out. I ended up chasing 321 in 32 overs with 4 wkts down and was playing on 'Legend' with Batting on 'Hard' with sliders/modifiers turned on (batting modifiers were set to 55 IMO).

AI fields definitely need some work as they were random and easy to score off most of the times. One major frustration was that occasionally AI did manage to select a decent field but changed it back to another weird one randomly despite me not managing to hit a boundary against that field. Some logic needs to be put in place for field selection instead of the fields changing randomly. At the very least keep the same field unless a boundary or two are hit.
I think AI field placements really need work. I think it was pretty much sorted in dbc17 in the last patch (maybe patch 4). Though the fields were generally defensive with max outfielders but i dint really mind it. I think it was alright. Right now the AI keeps juggling between 4-5 fields without any logic no matter the outcome of the delivery.

Other than this easy six hitting also needs to be toned down. The aggresive shots are way too overpowered. Also, batting in general seems quite easy even on higher difficulties. Especially due to lack of edges, it seems all the more overpowered.

Also running between the wickets was spot on in dbc 14, i wish they make it similar to that.

Unable to pull short deliveries from 4th or 5th stump is another issue which i really really hope gets looked into. It was there is dbc 14 and dbc 17.

Also, i feel the bowlers bowl too many wide deliveries during short pitch bowling. It really releases the pressure and feels unreal.

Overrall the game is solid. It just needs a good patch to make it all the more better.

Wilburella

Banned
C
I think AI field placements really need work. I think it was pretty much sorted in dbc17 in the last patch (maybe patch 4). Though the fields were generally defensive with max outfielders but i dint really mind it. I think it was alright. Right now the AI keeps juggling between 4-5 fields without any logic no matter the outcome of the delivery.

Other than this easy six hitting also needs to be toned down. The aggresive shots are way too overpowered. Also, batting in general seems quite easy even on higher difficulties. Especially due to lack of edges, it seems all the more overpowered.

Also running between the wickets was spot on in dbc 14, i wish they make it similar to that.

Unable to pull short deliveries from 4th or 5th stump is another issue which i really really hope gets looked into. It was there is dbc 14 and dbc 17.

Also, i feel the bowlers bowl too many wide deliveries during short pitch bowling. It really releases the pressure and feels unreal.

Overrall the game is solid. It just needs a good patch to make it all the more better.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
The wides during short pitch bowling is really annoying and unrealistic. I mean Anderson/Hazlewood bowling all these wides from short balls.
AI pace bowling is a bit over the place. Not much consistency at all.
They bowl around the wicket randomly too. Like I get the occasional around the wicket to the left hander by a right arm pace bowler and vice versa.
But how often do you see around the wicket to a right hander by a right hand bowler ? Not as often in the game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

I agree about the AI field settings. I think there needs to be minor tweaks or more fields for each setting with those minor tweaks.

I've only found batting a real test, when the wickets I lose are not caused by my errors, when I played on Hardest batting. None of it feels overpowered on that setting. The only problem is it perhaps leads to a bit more pre-meditation than I'd like. Ideal for me would be Hard batting, no-ring around the ball but I distinguish the white ball from the pitch on the camera I use for batting. I've also, due to my success at bowling rarely needed to hit a sixes.

I think the bowlers aim is a consequence of the accuracy skill taking more effect than previous games, I'm bowling more wides which is, for me, a good thing. It was way to easy to get through an innings with no extras on DBC17. The short balls are probably because they are Aggressive/Brute, they tend to bowl more short balls. That's what I've noticed.

zayno

Club Captain
There are frame rate issues during night matches on the base PS4 as well even after the patch update. However the Pro users have confirmed that it works fine for them.

i am only playing days games as night games is really bad frame rate and jerky movements on base xbox one.they need to patch this for ps4 and xbox one base consoles.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So if the PC version releases a week before the Christmas and the Big Ant Tennis game with Rafa on the cover page releases in January, it will be a tough decision for me. I though have the X1 version, would have bought the PC version too but now since a tennis game is coming I will save up for that.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So if the PC version releases a week before the Christmas and the Big Ant Tennis game with Rafa on the cover page releases in January, it will be a tough decision for me. I though have the X1 version, would have bought the PC version too but now since a tennis game is coming I will save up for that.
Hey Bro do you have any links to the Tennis game ?? Do you mind flicking them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hey Bro do you have any links to the Tennis game ?? Do you mind flicking them.
Not yet, Twistie has just posted news about it. I am assuming things will pick up heat closer to Christmas. Very excited

Users who are viewing this thread