NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be honest I feel the AI is at its best at Pro level with medium medium. Its perfect

D

Deleted member 185125

I'm playing at pro, medium, hard. Reduced shot force to 30 and also reduced pace revolution/friction (if I remember correctly).
The bat speed looks realistic, however sixes are easy to come by.
Matches will be very competitive once the AI starts taking singles. However getting a good fight though currently. Would still like AI to set better fielding and bowling changes.

*Only played T20 and ODI mostly.

grkrama

National Board President
3. My biggest gripe with batting has to be the weird pull shot played to a good length delivery (green length indicator) instead of a glance/flick. More often than not the delivery is too full to be pulled and yet you see the pull shot animation kick in and results in a weird pull which often results in the shot being edged in to the batsman's body. If it's possible I would love for this pull shot animation played off the good length delivery to be replaced by the more commonly played glance or flick shot off the legs/hips. IMO DBC 14 nailed it quite well. Flick/glance is a staple shot in cricket and in Ashes Cricket it's replaced by the weird pull shot and I sure hope blokes like @T.J.Hooker , @grkrama , @blockerdave and @WealeyH are bringing it to Big Ant's attention on a consistent basis. Glance/flick should be the "go to" shot on the leg side and not the pull shot.

ya this has been mentioned quite a bit, though the likely solution seems to be of removing front foot pull completely from the game.

I would rather have had it play like of dbc 14 were it would kick in only while its above waist. Though the other solutions seem to be of having it play only when used with aggressive trigger or something.

5. Lofted shots seem to be over-powered.

I would say they feel too easy to hit rather than the power and height itself in the sense even if your timing/shot selection isnt good you connect too well with the six hit shots. This is even more noticeable with high rated batsman like smith maxwell.

2. Edges while batting are on the lower side.

ya this has been mentioned quite a bit too @WealeyH has been on it a lot, I think they should be added without sacrificing the feel of batting we have now, interms of control and power and think they can be achieved if the edges are increased according to conditions and factors like newball, cloud for swing,green pitch,cracks seam movement, old ball reverse etc. Like wise have some good visible spitting turn for spinners on dusties. So that there are visible reasons you are getting out.

right now certainly green pitches , crumbly and cracked arent having enough edges at all.

grkrama

National Board President
I played shorter formats and I rarely saw AI place more than 3 fielders outside the circle no matter what the situation.

What runrate were you going at then? I have certainly had 5 out fielders in t20s, though they do have tend to use attacking fields often a bit like when a new batsman comes in etc.

Monsoons101

Club Cricketer
Not all players, but it seems a lot of people are experiencing it. Dropping Shot Force from 50 to around 30-40 seems to be a lot more normal from what I've read people trying, but still doesn't fully help how well timed some shots that shouldn't be are.

I don't really understand how the game modifiers work. If I adjust them in my settings does that mean it effects me online?

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I've been playing the game online and offline and it seems to be too easy to hit any ball for six - even on Legend difficulty. Is everyone having the same issue?
Lower the shot power modifier to 20 then you won't complain.. also play with modifiers then even playing on pro hard will be challenging.. Try it. Will be lot harder to hit six every ball.

Thomo253

School Cricketer
Is anyone having an issue with licensed players not wearing hats, it destroys the look of thevgame

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I don't really understand how the game modifiers work. If I adjust them in my settings does that mean it effects me online?
Lower the shot power modifier to 20 then you won't complain.. also play with modifiers then even playing on pro hard will be challenging.. Try it. Will be lot harder to hit six every ball.

Other people have lowered the "Shot Force" modifier and still found 6's easy to hit. If they lower the Shot Force modifier to ridiculously low levels, it still won't address the root issue which is the ease in hitting the correct timing to produce an optimal result more often than realistic. The Shot Force modifier does help lower how many unrealistic sixes there and how far they're travelling (which is a help), but it can at it's lowest settings affect how realistic ground shots are too. It's definitely a good thing, but not a "fix all" for the timing issue with aggressive shots.

zayno

Club Captain
I have the game on xbox one digital download. does anyone encounter the bad frame rates and screen tear in night matches under lights ? does xbox one have patch 1.04 ? I f I play a day match there is no screen tearing and all running an batting cameras are smooth. fielding 1 camera for running is especially jerky in night matches.

D

Deleted member 185125

I have the game on xbox one digital download. does anyone encounter the bad frame rates and screen tear in night matches under lights ? does xbox one have patch 1.04 ? I f I play a day match there is no screen tearing and all running an batting cameras are smooth. fielding 1 camera for running is especially jerky in night matches.
There are frame rate issues during night matches on the base PS4 as well even after the patch update. However the Pro users have confirmed that it works fine for them.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
modifiers are not supposed to work in online mode, however currently it does seem to be activated, which means I can play you having my modifiers set to hit every ball for six mode and you can be playing on hardest, its not fair and should be removed!

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Other people have lowered the "Shot Force" modifier and still found 6's easy to hit. If they lower the Shot Force modifier to ridiculously low levels, it still won't address the root issue which is the ease in hitting the correct timing to produce an optimal result more often than realistic. The Shot Force modifier does help lower how many unrealistic sixes there and how far they're travelling (which is a help), but it can at it's lowest settings affect how realistic ground shots are too. It's definitely a good thing, but not a "fix all" for the timing issue with aggressive shots.
Have you tried increasing the slider in which you increase the max speed at Which bowl can be delivered, I think I have it at 60 and minimum around 50 if I remember correctly,you can play with it as per your liking, it can help a lot too of you are complaining about sixes being easy.. Makes it more realistic more playable..Also, around 20 the ground shots are fine for me too, I also was frustrated from sixes but now after changing these modifiers it adds some balance.. makes you want to play atleast...

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Have you tried increasing the slider in which you increase the max speed at Which bowl can be delivered, I think I have it at 60 and minimum around 50 if I remember correctly,you can play with it as per your liking, it can help a lot too of you are complaining about sixes being easy.. Makes it more realistic more playable..

Increasing the max speed of bowling for me would cause misses, nicks and bowleds to happen a lot more regularly, along with making deliveries come out at 165kmph+ . As stated there's no real problem with the speed of delivery, the number of wickets being lost, the difficulty of batting most of the time. It's just when players go to play an aggressive lofted shot that there's a massive chance of great timing.

I'm sorry you're complaining about this, but it's just the view of myself and it seems many other forum members that it's something that would be great to be tweaked in a future patch. :)

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Increasing the max speed of bowling for me would cause misses, nicks and bowleds to happen a lot more regularly, along with making deliveries come out at 165kmph+ . As stated there's no real problem with the speed of delivery, the number of wickets being lost, the difficulty of batting most of the time. It's just when players go to play an aggressive lofted shot that there's a massive chance of great timing.

I'm sorry you're complaining about this, but it's just the view of myself and it seems many other forum members that it's something that would be great to be tweaked in a future patch. :)
For the time being it somewhat gets the job done.. and how do you know when the bowler bowls at 130, is actually 130.... It's just the code working behind.. It just makes you complain somewhat less about overpowered shots..

Mr Snrub

International Coach
For the time being it somewhat gets the job done.. and how do you know when the bowler bowls at 130, is actually 130.... It's just the code working behind.. It just makes you complain somewhat less about overpowered shots..

It doesn't get the job done for me, sorry. I understand about the speed all being relative, but I find the speed at default to be fine for my reactions. It works fine for regular ground shots and the frequency of my dismissals is perfectly fine for me. The ease of hitting a six is at odds with the relative normal difficulty of everything else. Also, as much as I like real grounds, real players, real cricket shots, I also like real cricket speeds showing up when I bowl. Your "solution" does not work for me. :)

I understand your urge to complain that I have a different view to you, as do some others, but I guess you'll have to go your own path on this. :p

Users who are viewing this thread