Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Can any one tell if u can play a
show us a video
How will he justify the vedio with ur timing .
Then he will say ur timing is not right[DOUBLEPOST=1514047065][/DOUBLEPOST]Can any one tell how to play advanced ground shots with standard controls.

Can any one tell if u can play a

How will he justify the vedio with ur timing .
Then he will say ur timing is not right[DOUBLEPOST=1514047065][/DOUBLEPOST]Can any one tell how to play advanced ground shots with standard controls.

Hi keith.

Just a general observation on bowler confidence. Took a wicket in the middle of the second over an opening bowler bowled and his confidence was still on amber until the middle of the next over. I'd like to think his confidence would go to the top, particularly after clean bowling an opening batsman.

It's little things like this that I think could help in balancing batting and bowling.

First thing I do is disable timing feedback as that makes me approach the ball in a realistic way..Watch and play...Footwork plays a crucial role as well covering the line of swing or seam and hit straight..I have had straight drive boundaries like a tracer bullet..Though in some cases you dont know what was wrong with the shot even when timing and footwork and position of bat is right there...

What do you mean by footwork, does the angle of the analog stick make a difference where the batsmen plants their foot? I thought it was just down analog for front foot and up for backfoot (if you're using classic)

also I think you guys are misunderstanding what I mean, I have a video but no time to upload it just yet.

I also hide my timing display. If it is on I constantly have different expectation. I like the 'feel' of it more
Tried this on my last session batting after reading this. Much better without it. I like having as little feedback or assistance as possible, too much is just a reminder of it being a game. Takes away from the immersion and is often a needless distraction. Just need to be able to hide that delivery timing box.

cc: @funnyadit

Is it just me or sometimes if you don't appeal super quick you then can't appeal? I've had 2 just now where they edge to gully... I jump up in my seat in delight (been a long day in the field) then forget to appeal then press it nothing happens then skips to next ball lol.

Also Had a few caught straight off the pads and its been given out even tho nowhere near bat.

How to play advanced grounded shot with standard control Mr jerm or anybody answer please
Do you not read the control layout... ? or is it more complicated than that as I always thought it was the collar buttons.

Hey,

Anyone else find that opposition batsmen always seem to get out in the 90's?? In 9 tests, 7 batsmen have passed 90 against me...
Only one (Steve Smith) managed to get to 100.

Satisfying getting rid of them before they get there but it's starting to feel almost scripted that they'll batter me for 90 or so then give me an easy wicket

Cheers
I recreated the 2015 Investec Ashes and Root got out right after getting 50, exactly what would happen irl and Stokes got out on 105

What do you mean by footwork, does the angle of the analog stick make a difference where the batsmen plants their foot? I thought it was just down analog for front foot and up for backfoot (if you're using classic)

also I think you guys are misunderstanding what I mean, I have a video but no time to upload it just yet.
Yes your footwork in 100% in the direction your left stick goes, so front foor towards leg side or off side, makes a HUGE difference to what shot is played.

This is something that BA have replicated really well into the game..The position of footwork towards the ball like we would do in real life is the way to go about it...That way the ball travels a lot better..

More so what I do is I come close to the screen when bowler starts bowling and when the ball is bowled I go back which makes the foot movement more natural.. Might sound weird but it gives a natural feel..Its more like how ABD bats..:p

Users who are viewing this thread