Ashes Cricket General Discussion

So some bloke on the other side of the world with a duff connection can bowl slowly halfway down the pitch ball after ball, and then disconnect before he loses?

Thats why you play in a League , against Friends that you know in a controlled environment.

Come , hold my hand I will show you the way to the light.

Honestly, with all the bugs apparent I wouldn't even try to go online. Still a big fan of the game though.

Can't wait to go home and play some ashes...

Treating the game like a sandbox.

Set up two teams: Team Smith and Team Jones. The Smiths have 1 skill point for relevant skills and Joneses have 100.

I'm batting as Team Smith in an Odi. Currently 91/2 (both run outs, they're a bit slow) after 20. It's easily the most satisfying batting experience yet and I can barely hit the ball out the 30 yard circle let alone to the boundary.

Do we need to appeal for faint nicks/caught behind for umpire to raise his hands ?
Similarly do we need to appeal for low catches, where the fielders slides and takes the catch like ground fielding?

Cheteshwar Pujara was today 15 off 91 balls against South Africa.

How many would Afridi or Stokes have had? It's an extreme case but it simply doesn't happen in the game, as they aim for 3.2 per over, and then prod the last ball for 4 if they don't achieve it.

If someone is seeing AI batting mentalities or otherwise in evidence, can they tell me who, the scores, the mentalities, and under what conditions and difficulties.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Do we need to appeal for faint nicks/caught behind for umpire to raise his hands ?
Similarly do we need to appeal for low catches, where the fielders slides and takes the catch like ground fielding?

Seems like faint nicks have gone, I remember them in DBC where I would be really unsure if they nicked it or not...but in Ashes the nick sound is pretty loud and generally nicks are quite thick

I would bet that a good team on that same bad wicket would get a good score too. Seems pitch wear/condition is just visual (although even the visual elements don't show half the time)

I will try it out.

Set up two teams: Team Smith and Team Jones. The Smiths have 1 skill point for relevant skills and Joneses have 100.

I'm batting as Team Smith in an Odi. Currently 91/2 (both run outs, they're a bit slow) after 20. It's easily the most satisfying batting experience yet and I can barely hit the ball out the 30 yard circle let alone to the boundary.

I'm still convinced there is a fine game to be had somewhere. You can see the skilling and the teams are arbitrarily thrown together, giving our excellent modding teams nothing to go on as a benchmark. I mean brute Cook and Root with 40 judgment in the vanilla game? It will take good work from people like you to actually establish how it all works and what is going on.

You need to appeal for most of the catches. Even for some of the most straight forward ones.

Don’t think I have mentioned this before but I have batted with team with 1 skills and never get any edges :noway

Oh hang on...

Don’t think I have mentioned this before but I have batted with team with 1 skills and never get any edges :noway

Oh hang on...
I had some edges but then I've had edges playing with the best teams. Batting is purely down to the timing of the person in control. The only difference I noticed was they run slower, the stamina drops a lot more and they can't hit the ball any great distance. By increasing whatever it is that makes them hit the ball farther it would have been a really good batting experience, rather than where anything races to the boundary as it does at the moment - but I don't know if that's adding 10 or 50 to strength or 10 or 50 to the batting skills.

I'm still convinced there is a fine game to be had somewhere. You can see the skilling and the teams are arbitrarily thrown together, giving our excellent modding teams nothing to go on as a benchmark. I mean brute Cook and Root with 40 judgment in the vanilla game? It will take good work from people like you to actually establish how it all works and what is going on.

I'm not really trying to establish what's going on. More that I wanted to see if I can beat a team of titans with a team of no hopers. It's difficult to see how any of the skills make that much difference and even if you can tweak them to improve bowling they might make batting next to impossible or vice versa.

I would bet that a good team on that same bad wicket would get a good score too. Seems pitch wear/condition is just visual (although even the visual elements don't show half the time)

Here you go. Same ground/conditions/opposing bowling attack. But a much better skilled team:

6SMlYZw.png

All good wickets again as well.

Hi. Is the database down at the moment does anyone know? No teams are been found when searching. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread