Ashes Cricket General Discussion

@wasteyouryouth @Spoobir @Langeveldt
Recommend you guys have a crack at this to get some pitch variation. Ive started trialling sliders and changing pitch bounce and friction for different wickets is working a treat. For instance the waca with 58 bounce and 48 pitch friction really carries through nicely, even had the keeper taking them head high. Inverse of that, sub continent pitches with higher friction get some nice rip and grip for the spinners.
Finally, I have spin bowler bounce turned up to 60 as I feel it is more accurate, you can even bowl up to 100kmh.

@wasteyouryouth @Spoobir @Langeveldt
Recommend you guys have a crack at this to get some pitch variation. Ive started trialling sliders and changing pitch bounce and friction for different wickets is working a treat. For instance the waca with 58 bounce and 48 pitch friction really carries through nicely, even had the keeper taking them head high. Inverse of that, sub continent pitches with higher friction get some nice rip and grip for the spinners.
Finally, I have spin bowler bounce turned up to 60 as I feel it is more accurate, you can even bowl up to 100kmh.

To be honest stuff like this should be noticeable based on the conditions you get from country to country or stadium to stadium. I played around with the friction settings on the last game. In general my main issues with pitches is the completely pathetic carry you get off most deliveries, the fact the AI seems to be able to bowl over head height bouncers regardless of pace and I can't. I doubt changing the bounce or friction, particularly adding more bounce, is going to help in not being able to bowl the AI out for 50. And there's also too many problems beyond the pitches that make the game an inconsistent mess.

I wish they could atleast specify a date for the new patch. It really needs one.
I just finish versing my friend at home. We made the mistake of versing each other on easy batting.

Ended up making 200 wid de cock and set him a score of 430 ruNS in a T20. He's actually a good bowler as well so that sux. I bowled him out for 350.. didn't celebrate much.

Let's hope the new patch that comes out also sorts out the difficulty levels.
It's not easy online in legend mode
Match online if bet if u can score 50 in t20 online legend mode

Why u comment if u have not played online be happy go honey playing ai
I'm just pointing out that changing the difficulty of how the AI plays probably makes no difference in how the game works when two people are playing. That's unless you can play online vs the AI, which even if you could seems kind of pointless. I might be wrong, but all you online legends are pumping up your egos about something that is completely meaningless. But honey, you just keep on bragging about being a legend when basically it means you suck at the game.

Ashes need lot of patches
As green short balls too are not able to br connected in front foot nor on backfoot.
The shots are broken they need to look into it seriously.
Atleast dbc17 shots were not broken there were other issues like run out bugs ; 8 runs,catch not given out; and the run out bug.
But in ashes batting shots are not up to the mark at all.
It's really not excepted a company always grows never goes downhill it always upgrade their products.
With big ant ant
Dbc14 great game newest approach towards a cricket game.
Rating 8.5/10

Dbc17 horrible at release later playable after patches online always buggy and later no patch support.
Trublu vs bigant
Innocent consumers took the pain.
Shots were perfect but not as perfect as dbc14.
With no backfoot shots in the game was missing in dbc14 it was a delight to play it.
Still enjoyable.
But buggy online with 8 runs;run out bug;umpire wrong decisions.
Bowling was the most positive thing happened in dbc17, batting shot were good but not close to their earlier edition.
Rating 7/10
Ashes
Nothing in place except mo cap pictures of the licensed players.
Batting shots broken.
Short red and green balls can't be played on front foot.
Batting is full of problems.NEEDS LOT OF WORK BEHIND IT NOT UP TO THE MARK ATALL
RATING 4/10
Really strange as a game developer how can they detoriate or go level down with every realease.
This just not done, they have really done a great job exploiting the emotions of all the innocent consumers; who keep on buying there new editions.

Last edited:
I'm just pointing out that changing the difficulty of how the AI plays probably makes no difference in how the game works when two people are playing. That's unless you can play online vs the AI, which even if you could seems kind of pointless. I might be wrong, but all you online legends are pumping up your egos about something that is completely meaningless. But honey, you just keep on bragging about being a legend when basically it means you suck at the game.
I think u don't read the post well they were playing against each other not Ai at easy batting set and scored 400 in t20 and complaining it's too easy.
So was telling them thats its not that easy in legend mode online told them to try on that and then cry for difficulties.Read the post carefully then u comment sir.
Sometime A friendly match with me sir if u don't mind.

I will back out from there next game, if they neglect Ashes Cricket...
That's what I thought before Ashes, then was misled by some reviews here calling this game a masterpiece. I've learned my lesson on that. I agree as well, unless this gets fixed in a major way, not only will I back out of purchasing any more games from them, I'll make sure I tell everyone I know and in my circle about their games exactly what I think. I'm sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but after spending full price on three games, I believe I have earned the right to be critical as a reviewer.
EDIT: I feel like I should make clear that I really wanted this game to be incredible and game changing, no pun intended. I have no personal vendettas out for this company. I'm simply reacting to my experiences with their games.

Ashes need lot of patches
As green short balls too are not able to br connected in front foot nor on backfoot.
The shots are broken they need to look into it seriously.
Atleast dbc17 shots were not broken there were other issues like run out bugs ; 8 runs,catch not given out; and the run out bug.
But in ashes batting shots are not up to the mark at all.
It's really not excepted a company always grows never goes downhill it always upgrade their products.
With big ant ant
Dbc14 great game newest approach towards a cricket game.
Rating 8.5/10

Dbc17 horrible at release later playable after patches online always buggy and later no patch support.
Trublu vs bigant
Innocent consumers took the pain.
Shots were perfect but not as perfect as dbc14.
With no backfoot shots in the game was missing in dbc14 it was a delight to play it.
Still enjoyable.
But buggy online with 8 runs;run out bug;umpire wrong decisions.
Bowling was the most positive thing happened in dbc17, batting shot were good but not close to their earlier edition.
Rating 7/10
Ashes
Nothing in place except mo cap pictures of the licensed players.
Batting shots broken.
Short red and green balls can't be played on front foot.
Batting is full of problems.NEEDS LOT OF WORK BEHIND IT NOT UP TO THE MARK ATALL
RATING 4/10
Really strange as a game developer how can they detoriate or go level down with every realease.
This just not done, they have really done a great job exploiting the emotions of all the innocent consumers; who keep on buying there new editions.
Please I request to some of the elite members here not to give the suggestion to not to buy the game if u don't like it.
My point is a company grows with new updated products but not degrade themselves from their last editions.

Big ant just needed to do do this for ashes.

Combine effort for ashes 17 to be a superhit game
Of the year 2018
Dbc17 bowling
Dbc 14batting and some good thing from dbc 17 batting like batsman movement.
Mocaps
Worked on graphics and fielding
These put in together in ashes 17 would have made it the best game ever.

Last edited:
That's what I thought before Ashes, then was misled by some reviews here calling this game a masterpiece. I've learned my lesson on that. I agree as well, unless this gets fixed in a major way, not only will I back out of purchasing any more games from them, I'll make sure I tell everyone I know and in my circle about their games exactly what I think. I'm sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but after spending full price on three games, I believe I have earned the right to be critical as a reviewer.
EDIT: I feel like I should make clear that I really wanted this game to be incredible and game changing, no pun intended. I have no personal vendettas out for this company. I'm simply reacting to my experiences with their games.
to be fair the day 1 patch version of the game was the best cricket game ever by far, then they patched the shit out of it and ruined it...I don't understand how you can drop 4 patches in the space of 2 weeks and make the game worse and worse each time, if we could go back to the day 1 patch version a lot of people would be very happy

I wish they could atleast specify a date for the new patch. It really needs one.
I just finish versing my friend at home. We made the mistake of versing each other on easy batting.

Ended up making 200 wid de cock and set him a score of 430 ruNS in a T20. He's actually a good bowler as well so that sux. I bowled him out for 350.. didn't celebrate much.

Let's hope the new patch that comes out also sorts out the difficulty levels.
The game is for 12 YEAR OLDS who probably saw a couple of matches since they were born and wanted to play.. I tell you they will be extremely happy with the game.. haha.. I wonder if this is Ross Symons head behind the game..Made this game for his grandson.

Users who are viewing this thread