Ashes Cricket General Discussion

In regard to pitches: playing on a dusty surface: in the morning session I brought on Ali to try and hold an end up but took him off after 7 overs as he was getting some lip. Towards the end of the second session I brought him on again: Smith and Marsh had taken the AI from 69 for 4 to 180 odd and played really well in the middle session and the pace bowlers were struggling: Ali comes on and they go into their shell with Ali getting spin off a track that is now playing differently to the morning and afternoon session: gets Smith, Marsh and Cummins: Cummins bowled round his legs, Marsh nicks to Bairstow defending and Smith gets a leading edge to short extra cover that just carries....will play out the third session later to see how it goes but it makes for very immersive play. And that is my point: Yes there are some irritating quirks in animations etcetera but you suddenly dont notice them so much as you are drawn into the story unfolding.

The real test is whether it is going to be harder batting in a second innings for both teams: until now batting in a third or fourth innings felt easier than first or second innings whether a human or ai was batting: you want to feel that you know either you or ai could struggle in the second innings because of the pitch and conditions, you want to know that you will need to play differently on day four or five than on the other days or under lights or whatever. What’s a good par score on this surface in these conditions? That is the quest to make that a very very relevant factor.

On pitches: I had a short ball in the first session that really took off, hit a part of the pitch and flew: Bancroft tried to hook it and took a top edge that flew to second slip who couldnt hold on. I then went looking for that part of the pitch but couldnt quite nail it.

In this match there has been no last ball tonk, no sense of set run rates, each player has come out and played differently: Smith is a great example: When he came in the AI was in trouble and he just played himself in; they ran a hell of a lot of singles: after lunch he and Marsh upped it and took full advantage of the pitch and the older ball.....then came Ali!

In this match there has been no last ball tonk, no sense of set run rates, each player has come out and played differently: Smith is a great example: When he came in the AI was in trouble and he just played himself in; they ran a hell of a lot of singles: after lunch he and Marsh upped it and took full advantage of the pitch and the older ball.....then came Ali!

All sounds great, but out of interest how realistic are the frequency and circumstances of run-outs now?

All sounds great, but out of interest how realistic are the frequency and circumstances of run-outs now?
In terms of AI I have had only one genuine run out: others have been because of glitches: it is on the imfamous to do list: I think ai need to field sharper to try and stop as turning ones into twos etcetera and that human fielding needs to be more competitive to get some of those tight calls. It would be great if you can get ai into panic situations as they go chasing a game etcetera but it needs work......

W22ANHw.png

All the info are drooling stuff, its nice to see positive continuity in the patches beta is getting..

Also @Dutch was surprised to see you playing Ashes instead of Full Ace...:p

"For the Patch"

One does not simply walk into Planet Cricket. Its green gates are guarded by more than just @zimrahil. There is evil there that does not sleep; the Great Matt is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with trolls and bad vibes and Dean Johnes . The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand positive posts could you change this. It is folly!

Very nice progress dutch, take as much time but please nail the 4th innings run scoring difficulty. I think it can be done by giving more weightage to pitch and ball deterioration from day 3,4,5

Users who are viewing this thread