Ashes Cricket General Discussion

You were previously banned for telling someone to kill themself. Delightful. You hardly have a leg to stand on in this discussion.

Please provide evidence of staff banning people just because they ‘don’t like them’.
Yes i was banned early with this account because i got carried away with defending BA when the game came out first. And i totally admit my fault. BUT i had a different account before it was lassana dias or kasun dias and i started it somewhere around 2009. I was very active when codies lara cricket came out. They were delaying the patch and among others i was also frustrated but was always civil on my posts. How ever after continually asking for patch date i got banned for 15 days or so. Ones the banne was lifted i posted saying had a 15 day banne and still no patch. That was it. The staff member said " ok i will let you know when patch come out, till then bye" banned me for life.
True story.

Hey Beta testers, I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. Appreciate the massive effort you guys are putting in for the community.

Just wanted to know, if AI batsmen running mentality has been tweaked or made more aggressive? i.e. are genuine run-outs happening now?

Sweep shots should be made bit easy as its also a common shot against spinners.

Easier in what sense? Timing?

They work fairly well in the beta at the moment. It really comes down to timing, plus if you’re reading the bounce correctly

You were previously banned for telling someone to kill themself. Delightful. You hardly have a leg to stand on in this discussion.

Please provide evidence of staff banning people just because they ‘don’t like them’.

Me being banned from posting in the beta thread, meaning I can't quote the posts and participate in the discussion here.

The thread said you'd be banned if you posted in there, yet I was banned pre-emptively.

So yeah, that's pretty clear evidence

I think some perspective is needed here: what are we talking about? Its a cricket game, a cricket game that a number of people felt was needing of post release care. For many that post release care should have come in the form of regular official updates.

That didnt happen. During all of this time, way back to summer 2014 I believe a group of forum members were asked to test various aspects of the cricket games BA released. Ashes was the first time we were involved pre-release and a lot of progress was made.

A few patches unfortunately had an adverse effect on some of that work. It was clear that a slow and steady approach was needed to get things where they needed to be.

The beta team have steadily given feedback on various elements also by Reading much of what intelligent people have said and suggested in the threads.

Much was implemented much was not for various reasons. However much was achieved through this fruitful cooperation.

The beta team is thus not an outsourced team for Ashes Cricket as it has been going on much longer. It has no other role within the whole scheme of things than to provide feedback with the perk that it gets builds others dont have yet and with the downside that it gets builds others dont have yet.

The beta thread was set up to offer an insight into processes and for people to offer opinions and discussions around certain aspects. There was opted to keep the thread ‘clean’ so that things wern’t drowned out in the clutter.

I get a lot of the frustration but I do ask people to keep things in perspective: its a cricket game, nothing more, nothing less.

The best way for anyone to get what they want is for everyone to get on and to put whatever differences there are to one side and trust the process.

It will be worth it I am sure of it: it will not be the ideal game where every minute detail has been addressed but it will be the best game it can be and lead on to other things.

Lets try to leave the politics out of it and see the beta thread as an attempt to be more open and engaging.

To be honest I started off the post not knowing where it was going but this is it.

Have a great day!

Me being banned from posting in the beta thread, meaning I can't quote the posts and participate in the discussion here.

The thread said you'd be banned if you posted in there, yet I was banned pre-emptively.

So yeah, that's pretty clear evidence

I can’t speak to that because I don’t have those powers, nor was I privy to that decision. Are you not able to at least copy and paste the text, then @mention the poster? Just a suggestion.

And I was speaking to forum wide bans, as opposed to thread specific bans.

I must admit that I'm not enjoying the 'exclusive' nature of the beta thread. It just needs moderating so that unhelpful or off-topic posts and bleating about release dates are deleted and allow those who are generally interested in the game and its improvement to engage in discussion in the context of the thread rather than reading on one thread and posting on another. Excluding members of PC from interacting with a thread doesn't feel right to me. Certainly delete poor posts or even ban individuals if they persist in being deliberately disruptive but excluding all but a select few on the assumption that anyone else will just post rubbish feels a little unfair.
There should be nothing preventing anyone from quoting someone in the beta thread and posting the replay in the discussion thread?

Users who are viewing this thread