Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Yes there are notes of what has been fixed and tweaked each time. I can only imagine that this is a crucial fix and one needing absolute attention.....believe me I am on to it! It wont be because they didn't know about it! This is up there with batsmen not being able to make it back to their crease because the button doesn't react......nothing wrong about being stumped but it has to be because you were not quick enough to get back in and not because the button just doesn't react....
Don't know if it it is too much to ask, but can there be tweaks done to make the batsman drag their bat before reaching the crease rather than dragging after crossing it (or just not dragging in at all)?

Veteran Hard
Sounds fantastic. Sounds like we are a couple of minor tweaks away from a patch. Getting rid of the bouncer wides and making the spinners more difficult to play (although I find this one is tricky, remember the frustrations of being regularly bowled from a flighted ball in DBC 14).

I would love it if the coloured indicator around the ball - especially with spinners - only indicated the line and pitch of the ball not how it was going spin or seam. I know you can turn the indicator off completely but the game becomes too difficult for me without it.

Veteran Hard
What do you think is causing so many wides? The pitch, the bowling mentality or the accuracy? Without looking I'm guessing Starc must have high accuracy (high rating and licensed), so perhaps its the mentality. I've found they bowl fewer wides when the accuracy is up and mentalities are not aggressive or brute.

Sounds fantastic. Sounds like we are a couple of minor tweaks away from a patch. Getting rid of the bouncer wides and making the spinners more difficult to play (although I find this one is tricky, remember the frustrations of being regularly bowled from a flighted ball in DBC 14).

I would love it if the coloured indicator around the ball - especially with spinners - only indicated the line and pitch of the ball not how it was going spin or seam. I know you can turn the indicator off completely but the game becomes too difficult for me without it.

In Online , you only get to see the Colour around the ball , no indication of the way its going is given.

In Online , you only get to see the Colour around the ball , no indication of the way its going is given.
Since when does the colour indicator ever give you spin direction or swing movement direction, its always only been a length indicator and LINE indicator as in whether is outside off, on the stumps of outside leg

am I missing something?[DOUBLEPOST=1521616343][/DOUBLEPOST]in any format online or offline

Since when does the colour indicator ever give you spin direction or swing movement direction, its always only been a length indicator and LINE indicator as in whether is outside off, on the stumps of outside leg

am I missing something?[DOUBLEPOST=1521616343][/DOUBLEPOST]in any format online or offline

You are dead right , its the line of the ball indicator , with the half ring method as shown in the book. Maybe my English is kak again this morning.

Only thing is , in Online you dont see the half ring , only in offline.

What do you think is causing so many wides? The pitch, the bowling mentality or the accuracy? Without looking I'm guessing Starc must have high accuracy (high rating and licensed), so perhaps its the mentality. I've found they bowl fewer wides when the accuracy is up and mentalities are not aggressive or brute.
I think it is mentality. Not sure about Mitch Marsh but Starc is brute and he bowels a lot.

I am pretty sure it is mentality: I changed Starc to precise and he stopped bowling short and wide....
I changed him to aggressive - last time I played against the Australia team. Felt closer to real Starc, pitched it up a bit more.

Brutes definitely are the worst culprit for wides. I've actually found the most success just changing bowlers to Balanced.

I changed him to aggressive - last time I played against the Australia team. Felt closer to real Starc, pitched it up a bit more.

Brutes definitely are the worst culprit for wides. I've actually found the most success just changing bowlers to Balanced.
I've never really messed around too much with mentalities...mainly because I couldn't work out what they were meant to do. Is there any documentation anywhere that describes the pros and cons of each and how does it scale with other attributes and experience level? Resorting to changing everyone to Balanced may be a valid approach to negating any idiosyncrasies with mentalities (i.e. essentially removing it as a factor in performance) but does that make every player generally feel a bit samey? I don't want every fast bowler to bowl like Glenn McGrath. I don't mind coming across a bowler who sends down a bit of a mixed bag but, when they get their act together, has a lethal inswinging yorker or almost unplayable off-cutter...or a spinner who often over-pitches but can get one to turn square.
Playing mainly career mode, you really want to feel that teams and experience are different as you progress from club to international and that players you come across are varied. You also want to see changes in form and consistency.

I've never really messed around too much with mentalities...mainly because I couldn't work out what they were meant to do. Is there any documentation anywhere that describes the pros and cons of each and how does it scale with other attributes and experience level? Resorting to changing everyone to Balanced may be a valid approach to negating any idiosyncrasies with mentalities (i.e. essentially removing it as a factor in performance) but does that make every player generally feel a bit samey? I don't want every fast bowler to bowl like Glenn McGrath. I don't mind coming across a bowler who sends down a bit of a mixed bag but, when they get their act together, has a lethal inswinging yorker or almost unplayable off-cutter...or a spinner who often over-pitches but can get one to turn square.
Playing mainly career mode, you really want to feel that teams and experience are different as you progress from club to international and that players you come across are varied. You also want to see changes in form and consistency.

The only documentation I'm aware of is the in game descriptions (see spoiler). Make of them what you will. I've played around with them; Brutes bowl short balls, Aggressives bowl a mix of short and full, Precise and Conservative pretty much bowl a good length. Balanced seemed the best option because there is some variety.

Before then, I tried:
Cummins - Brute
Starc - Aggressive
Hazlewood - Precise
and they felt quite good batting against them. But equally quite poor in an ODI, lots of short balls = lots of wides, or a consistent good length in an ODI is easy to score off.

Precise and Conservative bowlers bowl a lot slower too, although all AI seamers generally seem down on pace compared with what you can get with the same bowlers.

From what I remember the bowling mentalities only came in with DBC 17 and they seem like a bit of an afterthought and not really sufficient in re-creating a bowler. With those how would you create a Lyon vs a Narine - someone who bowls cautiously and someone who bowls a lot of variety. Ideally I'd like to see something where you could set a 'Natural Length' and a 'Stock Delivery' e.g. Good/Out Swing or Full/Off Spin. Or to be honest just a tick box system where you can select which deliveries they can bowl. :p
I3x6HRS.jpg
I3x6HRS.jpg
XZIIups.jpg
SYO33fa.jpg
pDYcz6u.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread