Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Well I had to go in and out to change sides so yeah I would have saved once....but up and till the end of the 16th they were flying and up with the rate.... do you think there is a relationship between saving and this?
I dont know, thats why I asked, becasue some weird stuff does happen when re-starting saved games, pitches reset etc etc, so it was just a thought ;)

No I didn't actually read the first post, you know, on account of clicking the thread it and it automatically going to the most recent post

don't really want to waste energy on this, but the first time you clicked the thread you would have gone to the first post automatically (as it would have been first unread post) so you must have ignored its contents?

anyway, back to more interesting/relevant posts...

@WealeyH Re: your latest post in the Beta thread - have you or anyone else done any tests to create a pitch with seam movement/spin on Day 1? (it seems all pitches are flat as a pancake regardless of what pitch settings you choose). Thanks!

@WealeyH Re: your latest post in the Beta thread - have you or anyone else done any tests to create a pitch with seam movement/spin on Day 1? (it seems all pitches are flat as a pancake regardless of what pitch settings you choose). Thanks!
I am currently playing a test on something more lively. I am batting though. Interesting to see how ai play

Well mine isn’t grassy lll

This is pristine in all fairness with a bit of grass. So I have a bit of seam which at times as causes issues.

I’m not sure what the sweet spot for skills are yet. Now they make a difference I want to know if a batsmen rated in the 90’s is too high and will do well on all pitches.

Or if 80 is the sweet spot where the pitch will determine more how they play. If that makes sense!

Ok guys not sure what's happening here..But I have been playing online test match for the first time with @Bigby Wolf and OMG what a game it is..REAL TEST for sure..Most realistic edges you could see in a cricket game and thats been produced as real as possible..

So leave the beta guys , just check the progress in the beta thread and grab someone you know in the mean time and get on playing a test match online...You wouldnt even think of posting in the forum..Its just damn good...

So we completed this match and what a match it was..So many edges and we had to be innovative to get wickets..

Rules were:
-No slogs.
-Good , full and yorker length.
-Any variation.

I did not use any HUD to bat as usual and @Bigby Wolf also took the suggestion bit later in the match which actually worked really well than with HUD..

Australia [Me] vs Australia 05 [ @Bigby Wolf ]
Australia won the toss and chose to bowl

Fresh day and the ball was going bananas..Great swing and he was defending to see it through the period but the swing was too good to defend and he lost quick wickets

20180320223131_1.jpg

20180320223134_1.jpg

He was 82/9 when we called it a day but on resuming he was all out..Gillespie slept through I guess...So he was 82 all out as per the game..

Now came my chance and it was a similar start like Aus 05 and ended the day with 4wickets

20180320223136_1.jpg

20180320224547_1.jpg

Start of next day their approach towards creating a partnership continued Handscomb and Marsh put on a brilliant 100+ partnership and both scored their 50s in the process..

20180320225148_1.jpg

20180321154304_1.jpg

20180321154313_1.jpg

Then there was an appeal for LBW against Marsh off Shane Warne bowling for an LBW..But realtime it felt like inside edge but umpire gave it out..

I reviewed and reversed it...Yes. its there in the game also unlocks an achievement ;)

20180321154442_1.jpg

And Handscomb reached his 50 as well

20180321154754_1.jpg

20180321155155_1.jpg

And then soon after that Handscomb got out cutting to Shane Warne's flighted delivery to the wider slip waiting to take the catch..

20180321155431_1.jpg

Few wickets fell and at the fall of Shaun Marsh with a runout I decided to declare on 193/8 with a lead of 111runs

20180321163551_1.jpg

20180322162756_1.jpg

@Bigby Wolf 2nd innings started and there was no swing as deadly as it was in the first innings but was able to get an early wicket..

His intention to score more runs than defending was really visible with more shots being played in the square region to make use of the gaps along with a few shot played finer on the leg side..

Though his wickets were falling some how the other he played really well with Clarke scoring a 50 with him..

20180322151033_1.jpg

And the innings ended on 172 with Starc taking 6 wickets..

20180322162758_1.jpg

20180322162800_1.jpg

And with 64 runs to win, it was important to get those runs without a collapse like how England saw today..

But to my surprise Bancroft edged one defending, yes , this too happens ..Its brilliant to watch how a game can create such an instance..

Next on the list was Khawaja edging one to slips..

And another one in Warner trying to take a quick single where he was late to start off..Lag or an issue not sure but this happened..

Anyway Smith and Handscomb were good enough to complete the match without loss of any other wicket..

20180322162804_1.jpg

20180322162806_1.jpg

It surely was a brilliant game of test match and that too online makes it even more special..

There were many instances which tend to get on the nerves like the lag or whatever the delay is so many instances the ball was traveling through the fielders legs and they wouldnt respond whatsoever resulting in 2's and 3's..Also there was a bug where @Bigby Wolf was clearly inside the crease and the AI just decided to hit the wickets and to our surprise it went to 3rd umpire and guess what it was given out..

Next one is the PROD shot..Easily gets frustrating and game spoiler for me..Bowl a yorker play square with prod, fuller on off stump prod...Its simply a getaway shot and definitely an animation which should go...

But overall a worthy of a game and it had the elements a test match should have..And I am sure the patch is going to make this experience even better, but for the meantime this is fun..:D

So we completed this match and what a match it was..So many edges and we had to be innovative to get wickets..

Rules were:
-No slogs.
-Good , full and yorker length.
-Any variation.

I did not use any HUD to bat as usual and @Bigby Wolf also took the suggestion bit later in the match which actually worked really well than with HUD..

Australia [Me] vs Australia 05 [ @Bigby Wolf ]
Australia won the toss and chose to bowl

Fresh day and the ball was going bananas..Great swing and he was defending to see it through the period but the swing was too good to defend and he lost quick wickets

View attachment 207279

View attachment 207280

He was 82/9 when we called it a day but on resuming he was all out..Gillespie slept through I guess...So he was 82 all out as per the game..

Now came my chance and it was a similar start like Aus 05 and ended the day with 4wickets

View attachment 207281

View attachment 207282

Start of next day their approach towards creating a partnership continued Handscomb and Marsh put on a brilliant 100+ partnership and both scored their 50s in the process..

View attachment 207283

View attachment 207284

View attachment 207285

Then there was an appeal for LBW against Marsh off Shane Warne bowling for an LBW..But realtime it felt like inside edge but umpire gave it out..

I reviewed and reversed it...Yes. its there in the game also unlocks an achievement ;)

View attachment 207286

And Handscomb reached his 50 as well

View attachment 207287

View attachment 207288

And then soon after that Handscomb got out cutting to Shane Warne's flighted delivery to the wider slip waiting to take the catch..

View attachment 207289

Few wickets fell and at the fall of Shaun Marsh with a runout I decided to declare on 193/8 with a lead of 111runs

View attachment 207290

View attachment 207292

@Bigby Wolf 2nd innings started and there was no swing as deadly as it was in the first innings but was able to get an early wicket..

His intention to score more runs than defending was really visible with more shots being played in the square region to make use of the gaps along with a few shot played finer on the leg side..

Though his wickets were falling some how the other he played really well with Clarke scoring a 50 with him..

View attachment 207291

And the innings ended on 172 with Starc taking 6 wickets..

View attachment 207293

View attachment 207294

And with 64 runs to win, it was important to get those runs without a collapse like how England saw today..

But to my surprise Bancroft edged one defending, yes , this too happens ..Its brilliant to watch how a game can create such an instance..

Next on the list was Khawaja edging one to slips..

And another one in Warner trying to take a quick single where he was late to start off..Lag or an issue not sure but this happened..

Anyway Smith and Handscomb were good enough to complete the match without loss of any other wicket..

View attachment 207295

View attachment 207296

It surely was a brilliant game of test match and that too online makes it even more special..

There were many instances which tend to get on the nerves like the lag or whatever the delay is so many instances the ball was traveling through the fielders legs and they wouldnt respond whatsoever resulting in 2's and 3's..Also there was a bug where @Bigby Wolf was clearly inside the crease and the AI just decided to hit the wickets and to our surprise it went to 3rd umpire and guess what it was given out..

Next one is the PROD shot..Easily gets frustrating and game spoiler for me..Bowl a yorker play square with prod, fuller on off stump prod...Its simply a getaway shot and definitely an animation which should go...

But overall a worthy of a game and it had the elements a test match should have..And I am sure the patch is going to make this experience even better, but for the meantime this is fun..:D
Yeah it was one heck of a match we completed over the course of 2 days and was a real fun to play without any aerial marker the ball was swinging and was difficult to play the shots there nicks that came of defending the ball one really have to focus on the line and try to play as late as possible although I did struggle to do that but boy @funnyadit was too good in that.
There were some annoying glitches in online and occasional lags but was a hell lot of enjoyable test match much better than the predmeditated slogs the online peeps play in shorter versions.

Thanks for the update guys @WealeyH @Llewelynf - look forward to see how tinkering certain elements affect the pitch.

Sometimes I feel like starting a test on a pitch with plenty of deviations and demons and see it gradually get worse as you go along!

Plz play a night match to check the lagging issue. Also play with aus and eng teams this time or any teams with higher ratings.
Have a strange find on this night match stutter lag issue.

If u remove the floodlights from the ground,
And play late night games , the stutter is no more there.
Without the floodlights also there's plenty of light to play the night games , very strange and must b looked at.
The above all is Cheked on PS4 pro

Have a strange find on this night match stutter lag issue.

If u remove the floodlights from the ground,
And play late night games , the stutter is no more there.
Without the floodlights also there's plenty of light to play the night games , very strange and must b looked at.
The above all is Cheked on PS4 pro
Would imagine the good light without floodlights is to counter custom stadium that don't have floodlights.

What was the consensus about different shot attributes? Do they do anything?

Users who are viewing this thread