Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I do agree that having adjacent slips is not needed on the game (I usually got 1-3-5-7-9 or 2-4-6-8) but two slips for a test match opening field is absurd.
Welcome to Asian cricket my friend. There are times you would see 3 slips and gully on a first innings of the match.

You mean no mid off I’m presuming?
Sometimes. Generally I have my fields based on the game experience rather than real life, hence the split slips. Rarely use some positions that would perhaps be common because the AI rarely hits in those regions. I've only played the public build of course but mid off or not they'll still try and hit it there.

Sometimes. Generally I have my fields based on the game experience rather than real life, hence the split slips. Rarely use some positions that would perhaps be common because the AI rarely hits in those regions. I've only played the public build of course but mid off or not they'll still try and hit it there.

Sorry I actually meant Kass, still trying to work out why he would have a third man and fine leg on that those pitches. Last time I went to Sri Lanka they were dead turners.

Sorry I actually meant Kass, still trying to work out why he would have a third man and fine leg on that those pitches. Last time I went to Sri Lanka they were dead turners.
Thats not completely accurate. I know this is bit off topic but basically we dont like our fast bowlers to give away runs. So its what we call a in out field. Why there is no mif off 2 reasons .
1 in a slow sticky wicket you can't really drive straight. Most of the time your timming is off and ball gose to extra cover ow mid on.

2 you batsman know how you feel when there is no mid off, getting them to straight drive is the only way to get slips in the game.

By the way i never captained anyteam, not even in my school days, but have seen so many captains here playing it safe till us spinners take over :rolleyes

because @Spoobir was so kind to send me the negatives of the Planet Cricket and Ashes poster boy auditions I have decided to post this........the way cricket should be played...no hud, no markers, just ball against bat........in pro cam you can look round now as well!

Is it just me or is there no sound? Sorry about that.

Okay one more: nice slip catch......just having the power of my gaming rig brings the game to life again! The pitch looks great and as others have said the gameplay is superb in this current build.

[DOUBLEPOST=1522878478][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Dutch, thanks for posting those videos. That no HUD, ProCam experience...where you can actually look around properly, looks fantastic...exactly what I was hoping for. Looking forward to trying it out...thanks to those who raised this feature request and to those who implemented it.
Its an utter joy....mind you I am currently 16 for 5!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1522878604][/DOUBLEPOST]Mmm some weird stutters in that last one and again have lost the sound....me stooopid.....

So some random batting.......I am shite and batting is hard............procam no hud no visual aids.....again no sound....not sure why...need to sort that

[DOUBLEPOST=1522880036][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice, looks great. Is that an updated pitch?
Well it is the pitch from the latest build....as I have played on my crappy laptop till now I have forgotten what they look like....but this has a bit more of a DBC 14 to it visually......

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread