Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Is it just me or has the ability to hit sixes down the ground been reduced a little too much? I don't want to play with the shot force amount much more otherwise anything lofted behind square goes for 6. It was perfect for down the ground before the patch.

Is anyone else not seeing commentary match up of created teams? Just out of interest because I’m using Llewelynf’s New Zealand side and I thought Taylor would be a name in the game and I checked and it was matched but its not being said. Am I missing something here?

Yeah, I think they want to be able to hit them off proper bouncers? Which is a bit silly.

Although I don't really like the animation itself (especially as it usually plays instead of the much nicer leg-glance animation when playing square/behind square) I'd like if it was used sometimes to hit through mid-wicket like I said. I've seen the AI do it but that shot is not available to the player for some reason.

Could someone please help me? I'm having trouble with some created stadiums not being selectable in tour mode. Not sure if it happens in other modes as I only play tour mode.

These front foot pull shots were good in DBC17 . Here in Ashes only that are neglected.
I think it was designed that bouncers can only be played using backfoot, but it gives an unfair advantage for bowlers while playing online. Having said that, there is a definite challenge while batting due to this, but IMO every delivery should have some challenge on how it can be played, not just bouncers. Or else every ball should be balanced.
The addition of front foot pull might also give more options for AI to play bouncers as well. The ugly looking skip to the leg side to play on the off can be reduced if added as well.

I think it was designed that bouncers can only be played using backfoot, but it gives an unfair advantage for bowlers while playing online. Having said that, there is a definite challenge while batting due to this, but IMO every delivery should have some challenge on how it can be played, not just bouncers. Or else every ball should be balanced.
The addition of front foot pull might also give more options for AI to play bouncers as well. The ugly looking skip to the leg side to play on the off can be reduced if added as well.

Ah, the teleport shot. I am also not a fan of that one.

Here's a quick video of me showing what I mean about the weakness of going aerial off the back foot:

You can see that even with three greens you won't make it out of the infield when playing in front of square on the leg-side. In fact I even show that when playing off the front foot and timing the ball worse you can get more distance. I hit a couple square/behind square as well so you can see the difference in power between the shots. When you add in the fact you can't go aerial over point/backward point anymore it really limits options, especially to short bowling, you basically have only one area where you can reliably score in.

I would propose changing the animation from the weak looking chip/drive that is used currently into one of the flat-batted pulls (I tried but I couldn't even get the front-foot pull animation to trigger) and buffing the power considerably when actually timed well.

All ideal timings but still didnt cross the infield when hit lofted shot towards point.

20180512202606_1.jpg

Has anyone knicked behind when batting? I've tried all difficulties/variety of slider settings but can't get any genuine knicks to the slip/keeper to pace bowlers.

Has anyone knicked behind when batting? I've tried all difficulties/variety of slider settings but can't get any genuine knicks to the slip/keeper to pace bowlers.
I m getting good amount of edges while batting. Increase bowler skills or decrease batsman skills and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread