Ashes Cricket General Discussion

just got 106.5mb update dont know whats the points in thsi .. O.o

I'd ask anyone who has had such problems on the most recent build to try and give as much info as you can possibly think of
- What game mode
- What match type
- The teams being used
- Whether you saved/resumed during the match - and when you did if you did
- The score cards of each innings
- What the hud display showed during the game when you reached the milestones
- How you were dismissed, if you were
- If you were not out, how did the innings end

Quote this or tag me so I don't miss it if you reply with that info. I want to find this stuff as much as you want it fixed.

Thank you for this assurance. I have reported a stats issue in the bugs thread. Centuries for a not out career batsman are not recorded if the batsman is not out at the time of declaration during a test match. Here's my info that I could gather:

- What game mode: Career
- What match type: Test Match
- The teams being used: Pakistan (player's team) and Sri Lanka (AI)
- Whether you saved/resumed during the match - and when you did if you did: Game was saved and resumed during match. Can't say exactly when though sorry.
- The score cards of each innings: Will update this soon
- What the hud display showed during the game when you reached the milestones: Standard century celebration and stat display for a century.
- How you were dismissed, if you were: Not out, innings declared by AI captain
- If you were not out, how did the innings end: Declaration

Hope this makes your jobs easier.

6569AF76-4295-4EE9-B5E7-D4BF820BA668.jpeg Yesterday while bowling in Career mode for local club. The batsman was struck in line, while I appealed for LBW, the decision was given as Not out.
Check the screenshot below.

It’s not strange to get poor decisions in cricket, so issues. But What I found strange is that the impact was mentioned as “outside off” where it was clearly within the stumps.

This is the first time I found this, is it a common occurrence?

Attachments

• BA657FEA-438A-4C57-8B79-6E72CA3B804F.jpeg
    BA657FEA-438A-4C57-8B79-6E72CA3B804F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
View attachment 209245 View attachment 209244 Yesterday while bowling in Career mode for local club. The batsman was struck in line, while I appealed for LBW, the decision was given as Not out.
Check the screenshot below.

It’s not strange to get poor decisions in cricket, so issues. But What I found strange is that the impact was mentioned as “outside off” where it was clearly within the stumps.

This is the first time I found this, is it a common occurrence?

View attachment 209242

I was a bit premature in saying we had the AI nailed...

Just had a bowl in an ODI, granted it is Zim v England, but not one false shot, not one catch in the outfield despite nearly 50 overs of slogging.

Veteran, hard bowling (the same settings I've just bowled Australia out for 99 in a test match, so I don't think its my input).

Morgan - Aggressive

Root - Precise

It's not so much the rate of scoring but that they never once looked like getting out. Had they been blocking and nurdling around they would have edged a couple and mistimed some (which is how the two wickets came)

All players were downskilled to a max of 70 odd overall.

Initially I thought that was 2nd inns in a test!

@WealeyH @Langeveldt whats your guys experience with spinners post patch 1.8? For me they're just getting belted, around 6-7 runs an over. Seems like the batsmen can easily whip it to leg even if I bowl well outside off. (Test Match only, Hard bowling, Legend AI)

E8A2AAED-BB9D-4ABC-82AB-AD0CBD9EC930.jpeg
Bowled Lyon into the ground, kept reasonable control until towards the end.

It’s very pitch dependant

@WealeyH @Langeveldt whats your guys experience with spinners post patch 1.8? For me they're just getting belted, around 6-7 runs an over. Seems like the batsmen can easily whip it to leg even if I bowl well outside off. (Test Match only, Hard bowling, Legend AI)

View attachment 209256
Bowled Lyon into the ground, kept reasonable control until towards the end.

It’s very pitch dependant
what pitch were you playing on? Mine was a soft green deck, Hazlewood had it hooping around corners luckily making up for Lyon getting carted. Other than Bairstow, England pretty much just rolled over. This is the first test that I'm bowling and batting, so hopefully I get some more competitive scores from the AI
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

what pitch were you playing on? Mine was a soft green deck, Hazlewood had it hooping around corners luckily making up for Lyon getting carted. Other than Bairstow, England pretty much just rolled over. This is the first test that I'm bowling and batting, so hopefully I get some more competitive scores from the AI
View attachment 209261 View attachment 209262 View attachment 209260
Some clear descriptions about what to expect from pitches would be nice. Or even just an option to choose a 'Batsman Friendly', 'Spin Friendly' and then have the game allocate the right settings.

Some clear descriptions about what to expect from pitches would be nice. Or even just an option to choose a 'Batsman Friendly', 'Spin Friendly' and then have the game allocate the right settings.
Id like a few more options for pitches as well, such as maybe damp or artificial, also medium hardness and plate cracking(like the old waca)

Have PS4 users experienced a lot more lag/stuttering after the latest patch? Or when playing under certain conditions (e.g. D/N) or grounds (e.g. Wanderers). I made a comment on the bug reporting thread but wanted to check with others in general. Thanks

Have PS4 users experienced a lot more lag/stuttering after the latest patch? Or when playing under certain conditions (e.g. D/N) or grounds (e.g. Wanderers). I made a comment on the bug reporting thread but wanted to check with others in general. Thanks
Yesterday I felt some stuttering in the club match when lights came on.

Yesterday I felt some stuttering in the club match when lights came on.

Now that you mention it, it did happen after the 15th over or so of the first innings of a T20 match, around when the lights came on. I'll see if this is a pattern. Any fixes like some HUD changes that help?

Users who are viewing this thread