Ashes Cricket General Discussion

For spinners? I use standard control.
I use classic. Try and hit ideal on spin and release. I normally try bowling away from the batsman and pitch it on the stumps. Or if coming in, then wide of off stump. Mostly good length.

new update went live on testing
Yep - we're still working on the game and will have future patches.

I mentioned earlier I'd make a post about some of the issues being looked into - and I can let people know that work is ongoing with respect to running between wickets issues, as well as a number of other things raised in feedback and the bugs thread, including but not limited to online play and performance issues.

Obviously though, stats is the main thing people want a comment on, getting stats to track correctly is absolutely something we work on and care about getting right. The reports are taken seriously and looked into - and where we can find one, we'll get it fixed.

The problem is finding the cases that remain of problems, and getting them to reliably happen. Where a post is fairly descriptive of the cause - like cases of being not out at the end of an innings causing a high score not to register correctly - we'd go through and try out a whole set of combinations of how an innings could end and try to get it to happen and unfortunately not be successful in finding the case that causes the issue.

We're still looking - and actively so - we make notes of each post we see that mentions a slight variation of describing the issue and see if that's the key to getting the problem to happen.

So to reiterate - we absolutely want to sort out the remaining stats problems - we know that they occur, but believe we've made progress so that the ones that do occur are rare. Any leads people can give us will be followed through on.

I'd ask anyone who has had such problems on the most recent build to try and give as much info as you can possibly think of
- What game mode
- What match type
- The teams being used
- Whether you saved/resumed during the match - and when you did if you did
- The score cards of each innings
- What the hud display showed during the game when you reached the milestones
- How you were dismissed, if you were
- If you were not out, how did the innings end

Quote this or tag me so I don't miss it if you reply with that info. I want to find this stuff as much as you want it fixed.

@MattW happy to know there will be future patches ironing out the bugs and good to see improvements in stats bug. It would be nice if a separate topic is started only to focus on stats bug and discuss (of course without any off topic discussions)

I mentioned earlier I'd make a post about some of the issues being looked into - and I can let people know that work is ongoing with respect to running between wickets issues, as well as a number of other things raised in feedback and the bugs thread, including but not limited to online play and performance issues.

Obviously though, stats is the main thing people want a comment on, getting stats to track correctly is absolutely something we work on and care about getting right. The reports are taken seriously and looked into - and where we can find one, we'll get it fixed.

The problem is finding the cases that remain of problems, and getting them to reliably happen. Where a post is fairly descriptive of the cause - like cases of being not out at the end of an innings causing a high score not to register correctly - we'd go through and try out a whole set of combinations of how an innings could end and try to get it to happen and unfortunately not be successful in finding the case that causes the issue.

We're still looking - and actively so - we make notes of each post we see that mentions a slight variation of describing the issue and see if that's the key to getting the problem to happen.

So to reiterate - we absolutely want to sort out the remaining stats problems - we know that they occur, but believe we've made progress so that the ones that do occur are rare. Any leads people can give us will be followed through on.

I'd ask anyone who has had such problems on the most recent build to try and give as much info as you can possibly think of
- What game mode
- What match type
- The teams being used

Quote this or tag me so I don't miss it if you reply with that info. I want to find this stuff as much as you want it fixed.
that is the best news all day even tho my favourite player might resign

I think the only thing I'd like to see really patched (and I can't see AI getting much love any more with other issues around), is the lack of accountability for AI slogging. As has been mentioned earlier, and I have deskilled my players, but if the computer decides a six is needed, it just sails for six. Rarely do you get a play and miss off an AI slog, and you should really.

- What game mode
- What match type
- The teams being used

Thats great to know.. really appreciate for your efforts..
hope these efforts will help in getting BA on top chart

I think the only thing I'd like to see really patched (and I can't see AI getting much love any more with other issues around), is the lack of accountability for AI slogging. As has been mentioned earlier, and I have deskilled my players, but if the computer decides a six is needed, it just sails for six. Rarely do you get a play and miss off an AI slog, and you should really.

Funny you should say that...

I just had one in my match that looked more like a miss-hit than I've seen before. There were still some slogs but this one went up in the air and was caught at mid wicket. I don't think I've seen one like that before, certainly rare if I have.

The AI can occasionally still hit them up in the air for a catch, just a bit too rare in LO matches now imo.

What I really want is to be able to think "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, but if I set my field properly and bowl to it I can maybe get him to hit in the right areas for a chance" whereas right now it's "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, better put as many run-savers out as possible and hope he gets bowled/LBW/edges behind".

The AI can occasionally still hit them up in the air for a catch, just a bit too rare in LO matches now imo.

What I really want is to be able to think "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, but if I set my field properly and bowl to it I can maybe get him to hit in the right areas for a chance" whereas right now it's "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, better put as many run-savers out as possible and hope he gets bowled/LBW/edges behind".
Yeah the idea of having someone out for the hook or pull is pretty redundant

Yeah the idea of having someone out for the hook or pull is pretty redundant

Yep, also long-on/long-off. I've had plenty of balls drop in those areas when they're up at mid-on/off but as soon as I put them back every aerial ball down the ground goes for 6 or drops short.

I've had a few catches with mid-on running backwards but that's it and they were all low-rated batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread