Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'll counter this by stating my opinion on the latest build.

I haven't been on here much in the last week because all I have been doing in my free time is playing Ashes Cricket.

Gaming since Ian Botham '96, this is the first time I've been fully happy with a cricket game. Cricket is my life, often professionally so, so I'm glad I didn't give up in the 22 years on gaming.

Batting, bowling, spot on, with everything. Except rain, lol. My PS4 is internet free just in case they release something that breaks this.

Totally agreed , Even Starting Career as bowler is now challenging and interesting .

Oh dear. You must be generally unhappy in life. To say this game have gone backwards from 14 is just ignorant at best.

Oh dear Kass D. To say that i'm generally unhappy in life, is just ignorant at best!

The only time i was unhappy in life was.... when I realised big Ant Studios had ripped me off again for £60 with false promises and lies!!!

Here is my opinion of why Don Bradman 14 was better than ashes is, in its current state....

DB14 had better Pitch deterioration, the shots would go in the same direction you pointed the analogue stick, the batsman would return to the crease when you pushed the cancel button, the bowlers would bowl less no balls and wide's, they was more variation in bowling length, the ball going through the bat only happened a few times per innings, fielder would be looking at the ball he was about to catch, no frame rate issues and screen tearing in night games, and finally the Academy downloads worked well!!

This game is a poor PS3 game at best!!!

Have a good day..... BA fanboy!!

Last edited:
Has anyone seen how you do a lap shot and it races to the fence for four...through point. Happened a couple times now.

Oh dear Kass D. To say that i'm generally unhappy in life, is just ignorant at best!

The only time i was unhappy in life was.... when I realised big Ant Studios had ripped me off again for £60 with false promises and lies!!!

Here is my opinion of why Don Bradman 14 was better than ashes is, in its current state....

DB14 had better Pitch deterioration, the shots would go in the same direction you pointed the analogue stick, the batsman would return to the crease when you pushed the cancel button, the bowlers would bowl less no balls and wide's, they was more variation in bowling length, the ball going through the bat only happened a few times per innings, fielder would be looking at the ball he was about to catch, no frame rate issues and screen tearing in night games, and finally the Academy downloads worked well!!

This game is a poor PS3 game at best!!!

Have a good day..... BA fanboy!!

From a known troll to a BA fanboy. Now thats a 360 lol.

Listen my friend, only reason you think DBC 14 is better is because when that came it had nothing to compete with. We all agree BA games kicked the back sides of all the gmes before. What you fail to see is the positives in ashes. How about the AI. Both DB 14 and 17 had a crapy AI at best who cant score 150. Yet this AI is embarrassing most of us. How about improvements in graphics. Variations of animations. And you talk about shoots not going in the direction your pointing, well thats just at to the realism for me. Shit it never want to direction i wanted it to go. And as any VEDIO GAME it has its problems but to say they ripped you off is way out of line. Lot of good people worked on making the game enjoyable up to today, its only fair to show some gratitude and appreciation

Although I dont agree with his whole tone , he does have some very valid Points on the shortcomings...

Add to that , Stats used to work in 14.

All Ashes now needs, is some attention to the "other" irritations mentioned by him and alot of others. Its already got alot of stuff going for it that actually takes it past 14, but still needs the last final touches.

I dont think AI needs any more love for now.

I mean for 4 years I must watch my fielders slide feet first over the Boundaries. Can that not be rectified a bit.

I know the AI only players will not like what I`m saying and shoot me down en force, but there is also a Online Only world of players out there, to which all the massive improvements in AI didnt really matter.

I mean we cannot even select our own Umpire for Online games....

Stuck with Ross :)

Hope you understand where I`m coming from.

Although I dont agree with his whole tone , he does have some very valid Points on the shortcomings...

All Ashes now needs, is some attention to the "other" irritations mentioned by him and alot of others. Its already got alot of stuff going for it that actually takes it past 14, but still needs the last final touches.

I mean for 4 years I must watch my fielders slide feet first over the Boundaries. Can that not be rectified a bit.

I know the AI only players will not like what I`m saying and shoot me down en force, but there is also a Online Only world of players out there, to which all the massive improvements in AI didnt really matter.

The general consensus here is that changes made to AI/offline elements will instantly make the online mode better - the problem is that it suffers from its own exclusive issues IMO.

It would be great to see a patch dedicated to the online scene.

I dont know much about gaming but according to one of my friends whos really involved in game development is not as easy as fixing one little thing. Its about complecated codes that rely on each other. You fix something and it has a nagetive effect in some other things. We are talking about 1000s of codes so i guess games will never ever be as real as the game we know.

Nah i wouldn't shoot you down. As you've paid your money you have just the right to a polished game as I do, even though I wouldn't touch online (which is strange as I love online gaming when it doesn't involve sports). If anything perhaps BA was a bit ambitious with the scope of their cricket titles. If it's going to be in the game, it's got to be good, and here we are in the third iteration with some things lacking. Many steps forward and many back.

Ok here we go again . 3rd test, am 2-0 down. Need 294 to win in a hard crumbling wicket. Lion is going to be the danger man.

Attachments

• 15257129802211380522628730907151.jpg
    15257129802211380522628730907151.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Ok here we go again . 3rd test, am 2-0 down. Need 294 to win in a hard crumbling wicket. Lion is going to be the danger man.

Mate out of interest, because I do then don’t then do.

Do you edge it much when batting?

I think there’s a lot of match variation behind the scenes.

Mate out of interest, because I do then don’t then do.

Do you edge it much when batting?

I think there’s a lot of match variation behind the scenes.
Well in do edge, in this hard wicket i got some runs through gully. And lost like 4 wickets taken in gully, 2nd sleep and keeper. I adge one of lion too to first slip. Yes i feel there is lot of match variation. First AI innings i had 4 runouts, with one batsman not running. Second innings it was fine. By the way am 73 for 1 . End of day 3. Need 220 to win .. this can be my game to win finally.

Well in do edge, in this hard wicket i got some runs through gully. And lost like 4 wickets taken in gully, 2nd sleep and keeper. I adge one of lion too to first slip. Yes i feel there is lot of match variation. First AI innings i had 4 runouts, with one batsman not running. Second innings it was fine. By the way am 73 for 1 . End of day 3. Need 220 to win .. this can be my game to win finally.

Oh damme it. Just lost the 2nd wicket. So far both wickets taken at gully . So yes I edge errrr

Same old same old ...

Needs a miracle now

Attachments

• 15257201515078360712248883073287.jpg
    15257201515078360712248883073287.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread