Ashes Cricket General Discussion

The AI can occasionally still hit them up in the air for a catch, just a bit too rare in LO matches now imo.

What I really want is to be able to think "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, but if I set my field properly and bowl to it I can maybe get him to hit in the right areas for a chance" whereas right now it's "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, better put as many run-savers out as possible and hope he gets bowled/LBW/edges behind".
In tests, which is all I've played lately, it's not just the relative impunity the six hitting comes but also the frequency. It still feels like it could be over three overs or so. And you don't feel like keeping it tight will make a difference unless you start putting men on the boundary (before the patch in ODI it was quite easy to keep it tight until the 5th & 6th ball and stick a couple of men in slogging areas and get wickets).

The beta testers have been quite open about the process of trying to remove it and it does seem to be lessened. But, even an aggressive grounded shot would be better than just launching deliveries, particularly when things are tight.

32130600_10211009822234111_266572668554182656_o.jpg
The AI can occasionally still hit them up in the air for a catch, just a bit too rare in LO matches now imo.

What I really want is to be able to think "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, but if I set my field properly and bowl to it I can maybe get him to hit in the right areas for a chance" whereas right now it's "Ok this guy is being super aggressive, better put as many run-savers out as possible and hope he gets bowled/LBW/edges behind".

I was a bit premature in saying we had the AI nailed...

Just had a bowl in an ODI, granted it is Zim v England, but not one false shot, not one catch in the outfield despite nearly 50 overs of slogging.

Veteran, hard bowling (the same settings I've just bowled Australia out for 99 in a test match, so I don't think its my input).

Morgan - Aggressive

Root - Precise

It's not so much the rate of scoring but that they never once looked like getting out. Had they been blocking and nurdling around they would have edged a couple and mistimed some (which is how the two wickets came)

All players were downskilled to a max of 70 odd overall.

Last edited:
View attachment 209242

I was a bit premature in saying we had the AI nailed...

Just had a bowl in an ODI, granted it is Zim v England, but not one false shot, not one catch in the outfield despite nearly 50 overs of slogging.

Veteran, hard bowling (the same settings I've just bowled Australia out for 99 in a test match, so I don't think its my input).

Morgan - Aggressive

Root - Precise

It's not so much the rate of scoring but that they never once looked like getting out. Had they been blocking and nurdling around they would have edged a couple and mistimed some (which is how the two wickets came)

Lmao :lol

I play my ODIs on Pro difficulty, usually on wearing pitches too now. Around 360 is the highest I've seen.

Lmao :lol

I play my ODIs on Pro difficulty, usually on wearing pitches too now. Around 360 is the highest I've seen.

I'm going to try dropping down to Pro. At least 360 is a realistic score for todays ODI's.

Do they ever look like getting out to an outfield catch? Do they ever miss a slog?

I'm going to try dropping down to Pro. At least 360 is a realistic score for todays ODI's.

Do they ever look like getting out to an outfield catch? Do they ever miss a slog?

Sometimes it will look like they're going to get out to an outfield catch but the ball will drop safe or just make it over the rope.

Like I've said I've only seen catches in the outfield by infielders running back, never actually taken by men I have out there already.

Sometimes it will look like they're going to get out to an outfield catch but the ball will drop safe or just make it over the rope.

Like I've said I've only seen catches in the outfield by infielders running back, never actually taken by men I have out there already.

I'd even like to see stumps all over the place after a slog.

I'm surprised the T20 boys haven't made more of a fuss about this.

I'll try Pro, but at the moment I can't enjoy limited overs at all. Test matches are sweet, and surprisingly I have had a few catches in the outfield off aggressive players in tests.

I'd even like to see stumps all over the place after a slog.

I'm surprised the T20 boys haven't made more of a fuss about this.

I'll try Pro, but at the moment I can't enjoy limited overs at all. Test matches are sweet, and surprisingly I have had a few catches in the outfield off aggressive players in tests.

I get plenty of bowleds/lbws/edges. It's just the lack of outfield action that bothers me really.

I get plenty of bowleds/lbws/edges. It's just the lack of outfield action that bothers me really.

I'll have a go on Pro.

It just feels to me like the more aggressive the batsman, the less chance they have of getting out.

I'll have a go on Pro.

It just feels to me like the more aggressive the batsman, the less chance they have of getting out.

If I had to guess I'd say that might have something to do with them racing up in confidence due to a lot of early boundaries.

If I had to guess I'd say that might have something to do with them racing up in confidence due to a lot of early boundaries.

Yeah it's good that confidence plays a part, and the higher rated they are the quicker it goes up.

Just had a catch at long on off Bairstow who is aggressive and about 70 odd rated. It was off a free hit though.

Yeah it's good that confidence plays a part, and the higher rated they are the quicker it goes up.

Just had a catch at long on off Bairstow who is aggressive and about 70 odd rated. It was off a free hit though.

Let me know if you actually get a wicket at long-on haha.

Overall batting skill. So I've deskilled him a bit
Do you know England and Australia players - the licensed ones at least - have a higher overall rating than others? KL Rahul and Bairstow are both '73' in my method but on game they are 72 and 60, respectively. Although I don't know if it would explain the 494 score. Root is a 84 in my method but 70 in game.

Users who are viewing this thread