Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Am getting very sick of this game.:mad
Don't eat anchovy's and weak English beer x

Edges galore when im batting but Barely any when i bowl . And none off the quicks. And this is only pro mode.

Fielding. Weird and extremely annoying. Fielders run to the ball and run right over it then turn to chase:facepalm
Wk takes catch next to the batter :eek:
Painful to watch but it does balance out, fielding has always been a controversy. Have you played T20? Loads of edges there, promise. There is a technique to it using swing.

Hi, i m console and sometimes when i play shots in particular direction during batting, the system will automatically plays its own shot. For example i try to play pull or hook but system plays backfoot straight drive and the ball goes towards straight drive. This doesnt trigger always but only sometimes. I am getting out sometimes because of this. does anyone know which modifier in batting modifier effects this automatic shots so that i will try to increase that modifer and see if it stops happening.

Note: I didnt have this issue before april patch.

@WealeyH
Hi, i use to play batting with your modifiers befire april patch and i never had this issue. Since you have good idea on modifiers, can you please help me on this question?

Last edited:
Hi, i m console and sometimes when i play shots in particular direction during batting, the system will automatically plays its own shot. For example i try to play pull or hook but system plays backfoot straight drive and the ball goes towards straight drive. This doesnt trigger always but only sometimes. I am getting out sometimes because of this. does anyone know which modifier in batting modifier effects this automatic shots so that i will try to increase that modifer and see if it stops happening.
Hi console, pleased to meet you...

Which platform is this please? I'm on PS4 and haven't had the same problem and may be down to the ball doing too much from spin?

Hi console, pleased to meet you...

Which platform is this please? I'm on PS4 and haven't had the same problem and may be down to the ball doing too much from spin?
Sorry, i missed "on" in the sentence "i m on console":)
I am on xbox one and i play with batting modifiers "on". Can you please share your batting modifier settings so that i can compare with my values?

Sorry, i missed "on" in the sentence "i m on console":)
I am on xbox one and i play with batting modifiers "on". Can you please share your batting modifier settings so that i can compare with my values?
You should go to IKEA and get a bean bag far easier on the toosh... Than a console.

Anyway, I don't have the batting modifiers on and never have (maybe they may make batting better/challenging... ?) I only play T20 as I just don't feel the game can recreate the true form of the game. It seems to work well in short form as it's just about hitting the ball hard than pushing it around and playing to the strategy IMHFO.

Edges galore when im batting but Barely any when i bowl . And none off the quicks. And this is only pro mode.

Fielding. Weird and extremely annoying. Fielders run to the ball and run right over it then turn to chase:facepalm
Bow

Bowling improves in latest patch

Anyway, I don't have the batting modifiers on and never have (maybe they may make batting better/challenging... ?) I only play T20 as I just don't feel the game can recreate the true form of the game. It seems to work well in short form as it's just about hitting the ball hard than pushing it around and playing to the strategy IMHFO.

Yes to make batting bit more difficult by reducing ball marker time. Also increasing n decreasing the other batting modifiers to make batting effective as per the format.

So just played few limited overs games over the weekend. The format was 15 overs a side. First match I decided to bat first and was not able to score one single boundary in 15 overs. I was playing as USA against Afghanistan(EPIC right?) I completely understand that USA was a 40ish rated team against Afghanistan a 60ish. I thought 57 all out in 14 odd overs is pretty accurate against Afghanistan seeing Bangladesh IRL getting all out on 126. Afghanistan came out to bat first over 10 runs.... hmm.. Ok, USA bowlers are rated poorly plus some poor bowling by me perhaps?

Second match I played was Nepal vs Ireland, now Nepal was rated 50ish and Ireland 60ish. This time I decided to bowl first and Ireland amassed 168 odd runs in 15 overs. If they wanted they could smash me for 6 sixes every freaking ball I bowled. I was like ok, the pitch looks good if I build a partnership I can definitely chase this total even though my team was lower rated. I come out to bat and what do I see? None of my batsman have the same power as what AI had. Even a push to the cover region does not cross the inner circle. Any hots I play there is no timing at all and not that I am that bad of a player. Anyways in the Nepal were too all out for 54 runs, 3 runs less then what USA scored. AI 2 me 0.

Once again I thought that since the team was lower rated it must have happened. So I decided to play India vs New Zealand next. India(me) bowled pretty well and how a proper inning would be developed, New Zealand despite losing wickets developed their innings and some big hitting in the end got them to 120 odd runs for 6 wickets. I would say completely realistic.

I come out to bat thinking I need 8 an over and I can chase this down... ONCE AGAIN my batsman have close to zero power and zero timing. I was already 12/4 before I decided I have had enough of this.

Now I have played close to 200 hours of Ashes Cricket and I havent seen this shambles of batting from me but ever since the patch came out it has been so boring. AI batting is over powered, personal batting is toned down a lot. Now I am ok batting this way if AI too gets to bat this way. But AI being way too overpowered spoils the fun. Also the bowling has degraded. In T20's or other limited over formats, I was able to restrict the oppositions to 170-180's with 4-8 wickets. Now the opposition scores 200 or at 10 an over in every freaking match and loose just 1 or 2 wickets.

We need this fixed. Sorry about the long post but really wanted to put this out in as constructive manner as possible. I am sure many others are facing this too.

So just played few limited overs games over the weekend. The format was 15 overs a side. First match I decided to bat first and was not able to score one single boundary in 15 overs. I was playing as USA against Afghanistan(EPIC right?) I completely understand that USA was a 40ish rated team against Afghanistan a 60ish. I thought 57 all out in 14 odd overs is pretty accurate against Afghanistan seeing Bangladesh IRL getting all out on 126. Afghanistan came out to bat first over 10 runs.... hmm.. Ok, USA bowlers are rated poorly plus some poor bowling by me perhaps?

Second match I played was Nepal vs Ireland, now Nepal was rated 50ish and Ireland 60ish. This time I decided to bowl first and Ireland amassed 168 odd runs in 15 overs. If they wanted they could smash me for 6 sixes every freaking ball I bowled. I was like ok, the pitch looks good if I build a partnership I can definitely chase this total even though my team was lower rated. I come out to bat and what do I see? None of my batsman have the same power as what AI had. Even a push to the cover region does not cross the inner circle. Any hots I play there is no timing at all and not that I am that bad of a player. Anyways in the Nepal were too all out for 54 runs, 3 runs less then what USA scored. AI 2 me 0.

Once again I thought that since the team was lower rated it must have happened. So I decided to play India vs New Zealand next. India(me) bowled pretty well and how a proper inning would be developed, New Zealand despite losing wickets developed their innings and some big hitting in the end got them to 120 odd runs for 6 wickets. I would say completely realistic.

I come out to bat thinking I need 8 an over and I can chase this down... ONCE AGAIN my batsman have close to zero power and zero timing. I was already 12/4 before I decided I have had enough of this.

Now I have played close to 200 hours of Ashes Cricket and I havent seen this shambles of batting from me but ever since the patch came out it has been so boring. AI batting is over powered, personal batting is toned down a lot. Now I am ok batting this way if AI too gets to bat this way. But AI being way too overpowered spoils the fun. Also the bowling has degraded. In T20's or other limited over formats, I was able to restrict the oppositions to 170-180's with 4-8 wickets. Now the opposition scores 200 or at 10 an over in every freaking match and loose just 1 or 2 wickets.

We need this fixed. Sorry about the long post but really wanted to put this out in as constructive manner as possible. I am sure many others are facing this too.
Are you on pc or console l? I think AI smashing is fixed in current pc patch and console users are yet to get it.
And regarding your batting, i would suggest you to reduce the difficulty until you get adjusted to new timing.
Still there are few isuues with lofted straight drives but apart from that you can hit sixers towards fine leg, square leg, square drive and few towards cover drive. So you will be atleast able to score more runs than 60 once you get adjusted to new timing.
Also some nerfed shot issues on console are already fixed in pc patch.

In latest patch PC , AI not even cross 150 T20 of Target on legend , AI need to give human a challenge take quick runs ÀI batting and chasing need improvements

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread