Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Oh I See! Thanks!
So, it kinda confirms why I'm not getting those frequent edges, people are complaining about, anymore! In my ideal slider thread, I did reduce it to 47 and that's the magic, I spelled almost unknowingly!
Mmm I think you might be confusing things? Or me. I highlighted the wrong slider: its about the human edge probability slider that is only in beta at the mo!

can non existence of stumping when bowling be fixed?. the only time I do get one occasionally is off a quick bowler. Ive made a habit of throwing at the stumps by the wicketkeeper when ball goes through to him only because the ai batter steps out of the crease sometimes and when batsman is out , this is given as stumped. runouts are also very rare. these are common modes of dismissal that are part of the game and not having them really dampens the effect

Any chance that the fields stick once you've set them?
Hopefully, it's very annoying resetting a field the next over you bowl and sometimes it won't even let you change the field at the start of an over, you have to wait till after the 1st ball is bowled.

Well there was no one complaining that there were too few edges!
Well generally online players always looking to hit boundaries most. They can't like variety of dismissals and realistic nature of the game i guess.And known from my experience as i had played online games few days earlier days of Ashes cricket.

Last edited:
Well generally online players always looking to hit boundaries most. They can't like variety of dismissals and realistic nature of the game i guess.And known from my experience as i had played online games few days earlier days of Ashes cricket.
Brother online group is not complaining against edges but we want realistic edges
Edges are happening with ideal timing ;good timing ,ideal footwork good timing that's the problem.
Happening more with classic controls.
As standard control has no skill to perform
It's auto footwork.
Very easy to hit boundries with standard.

The areas of the game really needs improvement are
1.Weather changes should reflect in the game as in overcast conditions, sun is bright and shadows .
2. Pitch deterioration, when we stop playing in the middle of the game and resume back especially in test matches , the pitch is new and fresh again.
These are compulsory improvements that BigAnt should work.

No not quite: 100 is the game as it is now and anything lower diminishes the edge probability: so its about probability rather than certainty. Its there for those who feel there are too many nicks and edges.....100 does not mean always edge it.

Can you confirm if it will have any effect in Online Matches , or are Online again left with their Finger stuck firmly ....

Great to see that there is still support for the game and modifications are being tested. However, I find the preponderance of sliders getting to be too much. It turns the game from being one about cricket into one that is some abstract puzzle game where you have to make tweaks and adjustments to sliders to see if it makes the game play as expected. I still can't fathom out what most of them actually do or how, collectively, they interact. Is there a noticeable difference in edges at 80 versus, say, 73 or 82...and is it better or worse with pitch friction turned to 49 or 58? I know sliders were a user request (way back) to allow people to be able to adjust the game to their specific preference...but I find the whole thing more bewildering than useful now. You end up spending more time tweaking sliders and trying to test detectable changes than actually playing the game of cricket. That's just my view, however, I'm sure many people enjoy the slider tweaking aspect.

To an earlier post, I also would like to see some of the excellent bits of Cricket Captain inspiring changes with the Big Ant cricket games...particularly to give a better experience when simulating in career mode.

Great to see that there is still support for the game and modifications are being tested. However, I find the preponderance of sliders getting to be too much. It turns the game from being one about cricket into one that is some abstract puzzle game where you have to make tweaks and adjustments to sliders to see if it makes the game play as expected. I still can't fathom out what most of them actually do or how, collectively, they interact. Is there a noticeable difference in edges at 80 versus, say, 73 or 82...and is it better or worse with pitch friction turned to 49 or 58? I know sliders were a user request (way back) to allow people to be able to adjust the game to their specific preference...but I find the whole thing more bewildering than useful now. You end up spending more time tweaking sliders and trying to test detectable changes than actually playing the game of cricket. That's just my view, however, I'm sure many people enjoy the slider tweaking aspect.

To an earlier post, I also would like to see some of the excellent bits of Cricket Captain inspiring changes with the Big Ant cricket games...particularly to give a better experience when simulating in career mode.

For me, I think sliders is just an easy way to please people. As everyone wants something different.

The game out the box plays fine for me.

I don’t touch the sliders.

I agree but like FIFA you can get obsessed with them and tweak and tweak and tweak. 9/10 changes are all in the head.

For me, I think sliders is just an easy way to please people. As everyone wants something different.

The game out the box plays fine for me.

I don’t touch the sliders.

I agree but like FIFA you can get obsessed with them and tweak and tweak and tweak. 9/10 changes are all in the head.
I too never touch the sliders but then I have only played T20.. Maybe they may help 'tweak' other formats of the game to be more realistic but it is then down to the individual to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread