Ashes Cricket General Discussion

it just doesn't feel like cricket on legend difficulty. It's like an under 11 team going up against a World XI

And that is why its called Legend.

What's the fascination with having to play at Legend when folks clearly can't? Can't it be the ultimate challenge, something that is difficult to master?

And that is why its called Legend.

What's the fascination with having to play at Legend when folks clearly can't? Can't it be the ultimate challenge, something that is difficult to master?

You get this with all sports games. A lot of players decide that they have some divine right to beat the highest difficulty on a game, and get a stroppy when they can't manage it. For many this boils over to complaining about the game.

Just to try and clear things up here , please explain how Single Player works.

The way I have it , is that you can select , Legend difficulty , but then move the Length indicators earlier , or is this not so ?

Because thats what I`m proposing for Online , either as a SLider , or an on/off tickbox at match creation.

Same small Timing Window that comes with Legend , but just a fraction of a second earlier notification of a Short Ball.

Pro20 being the main mode played online , we have found that Legend difficulty is the best one that gives representitive scores based on our skills and the Game type (130-190 currently) .

Hence the "Problem" , we sit with , when you drop a level down , all the other shots will fly even quicker to the boundary , just so that you can get the short ball indicator earlier.

Please advise

in single player, there are multiple difficulties: legend relates to the AI, meaning how they bat/bowl. then batting, bowling & fielding (quick time catches) have their own difficulty: easy, medium, hard, hardest and custom. timing is progressively more difficult, and sliders take effect for custom only.

zero problem with online sliders - makes sense in fact. but that is not what the others were asking for, they were asking to play on legend yet have the game changed to allow them to premeditate footwork. if they have to premeditate footwork, they are not good enough for legend. it's not an insult - there are plenty of videos out there showing how crap i am, and i don't quibble that playing vs a human is probably more challenging than vs AI.

you're very much the reasonable face of the online community. if they'd come in and said what you've said, there'd have been zero pushback from me.

I think the online-elite-group bros started on the wrong foot here.

All they want is a mechanism which allows a person with reflex similar to theirs, to choose footwork. Currently on Legend difficulty, their reflexes aren't fast enough. And on lower difficulties timing window becomes too easy. So, may be another difficulty level suited exactly to their reflex speeds is what they are asking for.

Because, as they have well acknowledged, the game will be very unrealistic if they could play bouncers off front foot and yorkers off back foot. They don't want that to happen.

May I propose, we add a new difficulty level 'online-elite-group-bros-reflex-adjusted', or a better name, if devs can think of one. Then that way Legends difficulty level will still be there in case the online-elite-group bros improve their reflexes and want things to be more difficult.

Fair deal?

There may be a language issue in some of their posts, but i understood them to be asking exactly for that. if they didn't and i misunderstood i apologise, and retract approximately 5% of my vitriol.

First video, out for sure, off the glove. Second video, hope you had a review.:thumbs

Nah...I didn't review it as in Dbc 17 the umpire never made an incorrect decision when it came to caught behinds! Should have reviewed :(

I think from here on I should review all decisions made by @BigAntStudios . Seems like Umpire Ross is not to be trusted in the game :p

Nah...I didn't review it as in Dbc 17 the umpire never made an incorrect decision when it came to caught behinds! Should have reviewed :(

I think from here on I should review all decisions made by @BigAntStudios . Seems like Umpire Ross is not to be trusted in the game :p

Was it given out in the first video ?

More good stuff:

Great looking wickets mate..Yeah should have reviewed in the second but would have looked out in realtime..

Just a suggestion for showing the edge fix the camera on the batsman and you can take it from there by zooming in and out and various angle whenever required..

Great looking wickets mate..Yeah should have reviewed in the second but would have looked out in realtime..

Just a suggestion for showing the edge fix the camera on the batsman and you can take it from there by zooming in and out and various angle whenever required..

Will do.. ..currently it's all over the place I agree :p

There may be a language issue in some of their posts, but i understood them to be asking exactly for that. if they didn't and i misunderstood i apologise, and retract approximately 5% of my vitriol.
They did ask for exactly that (allow bouncers to played off front foot) and a few posts later acknowledged that it would be unrealistic if that were to happen but throughout maintained that they still want it because Legend is where they play at and if you don't agree with what they're asking for, you first prove your worth in a 1v1. Now, how much retracted % would you like to retract?

You get this with all sports games. A lot of players decide that they have some divine right to beat the highest difficulty on a game, and get a stroppy when they can't manage it. For many this boils over to complaining about the game.

And it's great that it's so difficult. Legendary on FIFA has you beating Man City with Gillingham 9/10.

The best games of cricket I ever played were when I was in a real battle with batsmen or bowler. Legend difficulty should be testing your mentality as well as skill and it's a testament to BA that it's a real challenge as it helps to capture the magic of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread