Ashes Cricket General Discussion

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Sorry this has been a bit hard to follow and if it has been asked and answered I do apologise. I’m looking to get this on the Xbox One. I know the academy exists and before you could add things on PC and get them transferred to the console.

Will that still be the case?

I appreciate the PC version is out later.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sorry this has been a bit hard to follow and if it has been asked and answered I do apologise. I’m looking to get this on the Xbox One. I know the academy exists and before you could add things on PC and get them transferred to the console.

Will that still be the case?

I appreciate the PC version is out later.

Academy it's gonna be released soon on PC. The game will be officially released tomorrow.

Reactions: DAP

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@Acidburn are you playing the game or yet to get it? Cause i dont thing the gap is wide between veteran and legend in ashes like in 17.

There is no problem at all here as there is a Front foot pull there in the game, and if you are premeditating on front foot in legend you can get away when there is a bouncer.

But what people are wanting is they want to be able to hit that for six by having a lofted front foot pull.

They want to be able to cream sixes in legend in their 5 over formats, that is the problem.

Hi Mate , No I dont have it yet , I`m a Hardcopy type of guy.

And I`m also waiting for an Online Specific review before buying , as thats the only format I`m playing.

I must say that the (lack of) bugs so far looks very promising , with only minor stuff that has surfaced so far. But I guess the true test will be once its "officialy" released to check the Bug Thread.

We have a few in our Groups that will have it tonight at 00:00 , so will be keenly stalking them tommorow for feedback :)

I`m really hoping for great feedback , because as I`ve stated before , based on the multitude of video`s Ive watched so far , the game looks damn awesome.

Its just to get the confirmation that it plays Online , the same as Offline that I`m waiting for.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since time in some areas in Australia is already beyond 12 AM, meaning it’s 16 Nov. Game still not live on the Aus PSN Store. Guess, they might be going with US Time Zones, which is another 14-15 hour away. Have to wait.

gunit123

County Cricketer
I'm actually really impressed with the improvement in graphics (from watching videos) compared to DBC 17. Had my doubts on the level of improvement that could be achieved with the short time-frame since the previous game but it has exceeded my expectations. I'm trying to watch as little as possible in terms of gameplay (want to experience it first-hand) but I'm sure that it will follow in the same suit from a graphical POV. Looking forward to it!

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Well, btw played an epic match last night. Thought i could share it here. It’s an online T20 played in the legend difficulty. My opponent won the toss, batted first and set a massive target of 173. It was a batting pitch and unfortunately i was well short of pace bowlers. So i was forced to bowl 4 overs of spin and some overs from a medium bowler and thereby leaking some huge runs. Being desperate to make use of the PP because of the huge target, played some aggressive cricket and lost wickets quickly. At one stage i was 84/6 in 8 overs. Then decided to stick with the selective shots, played cautiously and was well rewarded with a good partnership of 90 runs, tasting a good win without losing any more wickets. Here is the full match video if anybody wanna watch:

Hmm and special dedication to these special fellas!!! @MuchMore @wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @WealeyH @Alberts @Dmayne @grkrama @Spoobir @kamrul

And those who haven’t bought, pre-ordered, or waiting for the reviews, don’t give a second thought. Just get the game ASAP. The game is superb. Back foot shots, animations and the shot power on full/good length deliveries are very impressive. Little bugs are there (not anything annoying though), but sure they will be sorted out soon in the upcoming patches. Once again thank you @BigAntStudios for gifting us the best cricket games Dbc14, Dbc17 and Ashes Cricket. Cheers!

@AliKhan215 @Acid Burn @Sherrytk @chaman82

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Well, btw played an epic match last night. Thought i could share it here. It’s an online T20 played in the legend difficulty. My opponent won the toss, batted first and set a massive target of 173. It was a batting pitch and unfortunately i was well short of pace bowlers. So i was forced to bowl 4 overs of spin and some overs from a medium bowler and thereby leaking some huge runs. Being desperate to make use of the PP because of the huge target, played some aggressive cricket and lost wickets quickly. At one stage i was 84/6 in 8 overs. Then decided to stick with the selective shots, played cautiously and was well rewarded with a good partnership of 90 runs, tasting a good win without losing any more wickets. Here is the full match video if anybody wanna watch:

Hmm and special dedication to these special fellas!!! @MuchMore @wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @WealeyH @Alberts @Dmayne @grkrama @Spoobir @kamrul

And those who haven’t bought, pre-ordered, or waiting for the reviews, don’t give a second thought. Just get the game ASAP. The game is superb. Back foot shots, animations and the shot power on full/good length deliveries are very impressive. Little bugs are there (not anything annoying though), but sure they will be sorted out soon in the upcoming patches. Once again thank you @BigAntStudios for gifting us the best cricket games Dbc14, Dbc17 and Ashes Cricket. Cheers!

Will give that a watch later, glad your enjoying the game mate!

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Will give that a watch later, glad your enjoying the game mate!
Though we were asking some weird thing like playing bouncers on the front foot, we are thoroughly enjoying the game just like we enjoyed in the past two titles.. and yeah, give it a watch if you get free time, surely you will love the match especially the chase and the nail biting end overs where my fingers were literally shivering! lol..

Reactions: DAP

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Though we were asking some weird thing like playing bouncers on the front foot, we are thoroughly enjoying the game just like we enjoyed in the past two titles.. and yeah, give it a watch if you get free time, surely you will love the match especially the chase and the nail biting end overs where my fingers were literally shivering! lol..

Stick it in th story thread if you want!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji

Did you seriously just share a video of your batting where you pre-meditated every single shot? You had already decided where you're going to hit the ball even before bowler had completed half his run-up. That's not very impressive.

Don't you even get me started on your bowling tactics. I wouldn't call them realistic.

If you are able to extract joy of out of such tactics, good for you.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I feel kind of left out...

Users who are viewing this thread