Ashes Cricket General Discussion

How can you edit each players skills? When I go to the "Skills" option it lets me view the stats but won't let me change anything despite saying "Edit player skills here"? Is this a bug?

Also playing as SAF vs SRI in a test match and I've bowled 75 overs with not a single nick...pretty boring bowling knowing it's impossible to get a nick...

Last edited:
How can you edit each players skills? When I go to the "Skills" option it lets me view the stats but won't let me change anything despite saying "Edit player skills here"? Is this a bug?

Also playing as SAF vs SRI in a test match and I've bowled 75 overs with not a single nick...pretty boring bowling knowing it's impossible to get a nick...

Are you accessing the player skills via Player screen or Team/Team manager one? You can only edit the player skills from going through Player menu in Cricket Academy and not via the Team/Team Manager menu.

Relative cricket newb. Loving this game. Playing the first test of the Ashes as England. Declared in the 380s after the first innings, then had a heck of a time getting Australia out; they ended up only 77 or so short of me. Then I flamed out for less than 200 in second innings on a very cracked wicket. I've now got them 2 for 100-some with Warner and Smith out, so I'm in with a chance.

Run outs are the death of me, they're nearly half of my outs. I've got to learn to stay home if I'm not sure! Also, I'm finding that they're giving me big gaps on leg side, so I just shuffle way over toward off stump and smack easy twos to square leg. It's probably an exploit on my part, but I'm also only batting on Hard.

Anyway, having a great time!

Difficult to fix something when different people having different experiences. I had 7 dismissals in my innings all edges behind on my way to 260.

Others getting none, some getting some.

It's a difficult one.
It might be difficult to fix but they would have identified the cause as without sliders it's the same experience with everyone with regards to batting difficulty and edges but you beta guys might know better

Guys is it a tricky task to make AI play genuine shots every time? AI has been playing a hell lot of that squeeze animation shot to offside which I call the dig out shot...Instead AI could play leg glance, to mid wicket , or even straight drive in a game which has so many damn good looking animations..Making them play around the ground would be great and that is something I really would like to see..

Sometimes it makes me think AI plays for the field we set , at least attracted to the zones we have fielders in...Playing continuously you kind of have a feeling what AI is about to play when you bowl a certain delivery..There always seems to be some "Go-to" shot for AI in BA cricket games and now in this that shot is their shot to get out of any situation and any ball..
Views on this...
The squeeze/dig shot does not look right. Changing the animation to something more natural might help, I guess. Maybe a follow through of the bat?
Tweaking required for aggressive cut shots as well, since it still goes to the mid off.

Though there are discussions about tweaking certain aspects of batting and bowling, major concern for me still remains the Fielding (apart from commentary that is).
Instances where the fielders taking catches while turning their back to the ball, ruins the realistic feel of the game.
The inner ground fielding does look good with the new rolling animation and I really don't mind the mini game either. The out fielding, when closing in to boundary ropes is where the problem lies. The pull back animation looks fine but the sliding ones needs work. Not sure if these can be fixed, but would love to see some changes in these aspects.

Yeah that's the thing...Just watching the stream made me eager to play the game soon..It had everything we want in a cricket game..The balance back then was really good..
But now seeing so much through the bat stuff of shots , edges etc..
The easy six hitting was there from the beginning after just watching some pre release videos now. That's a game breaker for batting enthusiasts.

The easy six hitting was there from the beginning after just watching some pre release videos now. That's a game breaker for batting enthusiasts.
TBH I dont get the concept of easy six hitting..Not much of a slogger but when the ball is there to hit and its in the zone and in confidence I go for it...Its more of a natural thing that happens in my batting..I like to keep it along the ground and beat the fielders to boundary which gives me immense pleasure...But I have got out many times close to boundary line trying to hit a six..I dont know what the issue is with six hitting but it doesnt affect my game at all..To add to that I have been playing career alone off late mainly for the batting as I am waiting for the next patch with the bowling and AI batting tweaks to resume Ashes series because its become monotonous to just have the short ball attack regularly to get wickets which I am not enjoying...

The squeeze/dig shot does not look right. Changing the animation to something more natural might help, I guess. Maybe a follow through of the bat?
Tweaking required for aggressive cut shots as well, since it still goes to the mid off.

This is easily one of the most incorrectly, overpowered shots in Ashes Cricket. You can play this yourself as well with LS up and RS at 5 pm. It definitely needs to be toned down both the power and the frequency with which the AI plays this shot!

Edit- This and the fine-leg glance. Even that it relatively very risk-free, high-reward shot!

Agreed - I'm not quite sure why there is no follow-through (at the very least) as it appears like the batsman is doing a defensive prod.

I picked this up on the cheap at ShopTo and its my first game since Ashes 09. Have to say it's a joy to play. Just did a practises first then worked on a T20 v Bangalsesh and lost by 4 wickets on the final ball.

Now just motoring through a one off test v Windies as a another test of skills before I embark on an Ashes series.

I do keep finding fielders quite a lot though along the ground but started to get a few along the floor. I have set on easy right now as medium was just a bit too far for me right now. I'm sure that'll change over time.

How do you accept the new ball? I'm getting the notification but no idea how to accept it?

Users who are viewing this thread