Ashes Cricket General Discussion

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Remember this is not a sprint. Each and every aspect is being looked at. At this mo the focus is on making the human and ai batting more satisfying and steps in the right direction have been made.

With ai batting the focus is to try and get some way towards playing the ball on merit rather than the timing of the shot down to ball speed: finding that sweet spot is quite a tricky but it plays much better than it has done.

So in the human batting sessions I have had I have really had to knuckle down: waiting for that right ball, trying to squeeze the gaps.....as soon as I started to try playing out of the ‘v’ to balls that weren’t quite wide enough I got myself into trouble....
....my last three 25 odd over sessions....35 for 5, 43 for 3 and 62 for 4.

Now this is of course also down to my batting “skill” but before I could score quite easily at over 5 an over.....

It makes me want to start and complete a series, the narrative, the to and fro is back in the game as far as human batting is concerned.

But it is very stop start at the mo because other aspects still need tuning. It is just testing, testing, testing. What If I do this or that? What happens if I come out slogging away in a test or in a t20? And the ai?

Questions, questions, questions.

It is very much an exercise of emperical scientific experiment....When the results start to come through its very satisfying but the work in the lab is sometimes a grind....and I am just an observer, we are not the ones doing the actual work in that sense!

Ai batting is much improved and makes the whole human bowling experience much more satisfying. However they are playing well but not scoring positively enough.

There are some unsung heroes around the place who quietly go about doing their thing, ignoring the noise and getting on with it.

Me? I’m a loudmouthed lout who needs a kick up the Gordon Ramsey.....praise to the unsung heroes!

@zimrahil surely post of the day, surely?
Are the statistics fixed and working properly, "at the mo"?

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I belive that the stats can’t be fixed I belive it was pointed out by one of the big ant crew or beta testers it the way the game coded or something

MJT1994

Club Captain
Good to hear edges are back. Are they just a random occurrence or are they related to poor shot choice, footwork, timing?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to hear edges are back. Are they just a random occurrence or are they related to poor shot choice, footwork, timing?
Edges are part and parcel of cricket and should vary according to type of pitch, weather and ball condition.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I belive that the stats can’t be fixed I belive it was pointed out by one of the big ant crew or beta testers it the way the game coded or something

But isn't the whole point of a patch to fix the code which is not working as intended (stats in this case)?

Kass D

County Cricketer
Normally AI never score more then 220 in test with me. I use 4 feilders in the deep tactic, works every time

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
He said that about DBC17. No idea about Ashes.
The only thing I would have said is that a particular fix couldn't fix already incorrect stats on a player.

In case I haven't explained previously, the reason for the difficulty here is that the stats get recorded as the match goes on - so if something is wrong like the count of 50s or whether a high score is correctly recorded as not out, comes down to the specific circumstances of the end of the innings or dismissal. To fix the remaining stats issues it comes down to finding those exact circumstances where it goes wrong, they all can be fixed, but it's a matter of tracking the remaining cases down.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me game play is much much more important than stats and other cosmetic things.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
We are, long story short. Test AI shouldn’t effect limited overs. So once we nailed it. Then tweak limited, if it changed test Apparantly it’s easier to identify .
Sounds good. I am honestly willing to wait as long as it takes. One thing i request you beta guys to look into is the career mode issue where Career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rated from 50+ rated after getting selected for english county or aus domestic. It completely defeats the purpose of career mode.

Users who are viewing this thread