Ashes Cricket General Discussion

only way to play realistic that stop playing advance shot otherwise game perfect for me, just want to do something for overpowered sweep & advance shots...

only way to play realistic that stop playing advance shot otherwise game perfect for me, just want to do something for overpowered sweep & advance shots...
But so Manny bowler bowling negetive lines in online some kind of insurance is required with advance and sweep shots.

For those who feel there are too many nicks whilst batting theres a nice little slider to set your own nick probability preference

Kindly guide as to which slider is for nick probability??

is it the shot choice difficulty???

What is the recommended figure to not completely eliminate the nicks....

Also it means that the modifiers will have to be turned ON ( I play with them off because I cannot have proper control over footwork direction with them ON...)

so what could be the solution to reduce too many nicks but with batting modifiers set to OFF

I play on Steam (preview BETA)

I did not find the Human edge chance slider in the modifiers settings

Should I opt out of Beta to get this update???

I play on Steam (preview BETA)

I did not find the Human edge chance slider in the modifiers settings

Should I opt out of Beta to get this update???
The human edge slider is only available with patch 1.10. It's only released for PS4 and Xbox one as of now.

surprising that update got released so quickly on consoles...unlike everytime where they have to wait for ages...

I haven't played the game for a while and haven't followed the forums during the time as well. Could anyone tell me if earned stats (specifically stats earned during a custom tour) are a thing now in this game?

I haven't played the game for a while and haven't followed the forums during the time as well. Could anyone tell me if earned stats (specifically stats earned during a custom tour) are a thing now in this game?

cant answer for sure mate but ive had a batsmen score a hundred in a tour match 1st test on debut then a few tests later he is apparently on debut still so i dont think its fixed

firstly this is NOT a patch related post thank the lord.Would greatly appreciate any advice on how to generate my own stats using online tools or whatever to generate my own stats as there is obviously a little issue with it in game.Anyone know how i can keep track of stats myself without having to write it down manually?thanks guys/girls

Tour:great if we can make tour for 6 months by select one team with different teams as host & away, becoz right now we just add only one or two teams within same calendar, cant tour any other country or we can make calendar as different competition in row also world cup & other tournaments.

So I finally got around to buying Ashes Cricket on PS 4. I have played extensively over the last four weekends (only offline). I started with career mode and found the batting a lot better than DBC 17. However, I lost interest in career mode pretty early.
I then started playing ODIs, Test and T20. I must admit I have not had so much fun playing a cricket game in a long long time.
This is mostly due to very enjoyable bowling experience aided by a wonderful variety of dismissals. I love bolwing in this game. I have worked out batsman with both pace and spin. I have got LBws, bowled, bat pad, edges and what not. That has made single player wonderful for me. When it comes to bowling, I am yet to comprehend the mechanics of seam position although i do know how it works IRL.
Batting is fun too. Shots feel well animated. Keeper is not superhman. You can play late cut to spinners. Cover drive, cuts, pulls, glances and on drive are all wonderfully integrated into the game.
AI is good but it still fails to adopt. I had Moeen Ali block three balls when England needed four to win off last three balls. However, one whole test match I played had the right feel with opposition going at 3.5 an over for most of the game. I had a blast with that.
I am still playing and learning. Great job by @BigAntStudios once again.

Last edited:
So what's the online population currently, shall I rent it on ps4? Already got the steam version

Has anyone used sam curran or dom bess for england in test matches.I use 53 (i think) rated sam curran at the moment in the ashes 1st test and hes doing very well.very dangerous with the inswinger,in particular ot right handed batsmen,has 2 wickets in 1st innings despite being a little expensive going aound 4 an over.plenty o played and misses and a dropped catch

Anyone had the problem when you've not near the limit of stadiums that can be downloaded, but when you download a staduim it's not in the stadium creator list?

Anyone had the problem when you've not near the limit of stadiums that can be downloaded, but when you download a staduim it's not in the stadium creator list?
Not had that issue, but does anyone know what the Stadium limit is anyway? I know the logo limit is 2048 logos.

Users who are viewing this thread