Ashes Cricket in Asia

Do you see me cribbing about iphone or blackberry's price in US.
O.w.n.e.d

That's a fair point really, not only in the iPhone but in computer hardware as well!

Anyways, there was this site that said 7'th would be the release date and they confirmed with the distributor and whatever, however with now everyone having a site and posting whatever they wish I have my doubt.

Any chance you could confirm with E-Express or whatever was the distributors name, matt?

O.w.n.e.d

That's a fair point really, not only in the iPhone but in computer hardware as well!

Anyways, there was this site that said 7'th would be the release date and they confirmed with the distributor and whatever, however with now everyone having a site and posting whatever they wish I have my doubt.

Any chance you could confirm with E-Express or whatever was the distributors name, matt?

It Is E-Xpress games :D
Btw i saw in gamingIndians.com that it will Released in India On 7 August

Isn't it great how people who know nothing about India like to give their expert commentary on how things work here? To all those who say that India doesn't deserve to have the game cheap and that we can't afford it so we shouldn't play it, here's some basic information.

We pay more for console hardware and games than what people in Europe and America pay thanks to import duties. It would make more sense for us to order games from the West, and even after paying for shipping it would turn out cheaper. Games can cost as much as Rs 3,500 ($72) here.

You wanna know why Ashes costs less here? It's because this game only really has two markets - Australia and England, and Codemasters sees this lower price strategy as a way to sell it in India. We are more than happy to pay for it what we pay for other games. Its Codemasters that wants to push the game here. They realise that cricket is popular here and they see this as an opportunity to create another major market for their game, even though it obviously isnt targetted towards India. And they also probably realise the future potential of this market for their games.

So if you have a problem with the pricing for the game in India, take it up with Codemasters.

"The game will most likely release a week (4/5 days) after the official uk date, due to logistics and the time it takes to get it through customs."

From the same email that confirmed the 499 PC price way before any other site, so I'd guess it is reliable.

Well stock market has been good for me today. Made enough to buy a PS3 version of this game.

Rs.1999 in India for PS3 and Xbox ! That's great ! Guys in UK and Aus ,you can order online from India :D

whatever price is people have to stop buying pirated copies especially in India:upray..otherwise like EA..Codies can also drop their series due to losses happened by piracy.. After all now we have only ONE company which makes Good Cricket game..
So stop piracy and start Helping Developers for Future project.:help:help

princep added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

whatever price is people have to stop buying pirated copies especially in India:upray..otherwise like EA..Codies can also drop their series due to losses happened by piracy.. After all now we have only ONE company which makes Good Cricket game..

princep added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Isn't it great how people who know nothing about India like to give their expert commentary on how things work here? To all those who say that India doesn't deserve to have the game cheap and that we can't afford it so we shouldn't play it, here's some basic information.

We pay more for console hardware and games than what people in Europe and America pay thanks to import duties. It would make more sense for us to order games from the West, and even after paying for shipping it would turn out cheaper. Games can cost as much as Rs 3,500 ($72) here.

You wanna know why Ashes costs less here? It's because this game only really has two markets - Australia and England, and Codemasters sees this lower price strategy as a way to sell it in India. We are more than happy to pay for it what we pay for other games. Its Codemasters that wants to push the game here. They realise that cricket is popular here and they see this as an opportunity to create another major market for their game, even though it obviously isnt targetted towards India. And they also probably realise the future potential of this market for their games.

So if you have a problem with the pricing for the game in India, take it up with Codemasters.

Sameer on PC....wow!

I asked my lcoal PlanetM guy and he told me that 'a cricket game' will be availiable from 14-16th august onwards.!:happy

it is so much expensive in india in pakistan it costs dvd cd only rs 60 rupees and ps 2 90 rupees
You think 500 is expenive considering original price of other games:eek:? And you are using pirated copies, it's illegal and we dont support piracy. Please buy original games if you want to see more games.

I asked my lcoal PlanetM guy and he told me that 'a cricket game' will be availiable from 14-16th august onwards.!:happy

If it is true,that the game is going to come so late in Indian stores,it is really sad,because I was really all set to go and buy my copy of the game on Aug 7 only and it was mentioned earlier that the game would release in India on Aug 7 only,so I really hope we do not have to wait any longer than that. :upray

Already available for pre-order for around 480 bucks if you know your sources. XBOX and PS3 titles available for ~1800 bucks. Expected within 2 days of the UK release.

Already available for pre-order for around 480 bucks if you know your sources. XBOX and PS3 titles available for ~1800 bucks. Expected within 2 days of the UK release.

you pre ordered the pc version,from where :eek:??

[QUOTE

Am going to buy a PS3 next weekend (thought a lot about the 360 but finally going with the PS3). Getting a Killzone2 bluray free with the console + an 80GB hdd for Rs. 25000. Think it's a good buy.[[/B]/QUOTE]

:) I just bought the same stuff for Rs.23,300.In fact I was getting 160GB for Rs.23,000 but it was without bill and warranty so I opted for the Killzone 2 bundle.

Users who are viewing this thread