Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

Isn't the right stick for shot placement?

@BigAntStudios why don't you release an official gameplay video showing off all the improvements of the game .
Every other game developer releases multiple gameplay videos to showcase their game.

It would attract a lot more people who are not aware of the featues of the game.

A 5 min gameplay video with someone at bigant talking about all the new features and imrovements .

As far as i know , bigant has never made an official gameplay video for both of their previous cricket games.

There is a lot of difference between an official gameplay video by the developer and gameplay uploaded by a random youtube streamer.

So the field placement HUD makes its debut?

Really good to see the field placement HUD - I know its against the core principle of what BA is trying to achieve of letting the players focus on ball instead of cluttering the space with HUDs. But then, without it and with AI constantly changing the field every ball, it was both time taking and annoyingly tedious in long games. Needed to strike a better balance b/w HUD vs Focus-on-ball thing. A step in the right direction, I say.

From what we have heard so far, even though little, seems like this one is headed towards greatness !!

Isn't the right stick for shot placement?

Ashes Cricket has two different control systems available to players.

One option is to play with the dual-stick setup, as we had in the two previous Don Bradman games.

The other option is what people are playing with at PAX. It allows you to aim shots using the left stick, and then use the four face buttons on the controller to determine the type of shot you hit (attacking, defensive, etc).

We've created two approaches to the controls to help people new to cricket games get in and playing right away, and then for veterans there's the full simulation experience with the precise control that the two sticks setup allows.

Ashes Cricket has two different control systems available to players.

One option is to play with the dual-stick setup, as we had in the two previous Don Bradman games.

The other option is what people are playing with at PAX. It allows you to aim shots using the left stick, and then use the four face buttons on the controller to determine the type of shot you hit (attacking, defensive, etc).

We've created two approaches to the controls to help people new to cricket games get in and playing right away, and then for veterans there's the full simulation experience with the precise control that the two sticks setup allows.
Thanks a lot for the clarification...

Seems similar to what Shane Warne was where X was normal shot and O was v. aggressive. Will make it easier for the casual player. Great idea! Especially with the hype relating to the Ashes. Should hopefully get tons of recreational players having a go.

So I'm assuming the default approach will be the one-stick setup?

@BigAntStudios why don't you release an official gameplay video showing off all the improvements of the game .
Every other game developer releases multiple gameplay videos to showcase their game.

It would attract a lot more people who are not aware of the featues of the game.

A 5 min gameplay video with someone at bigant talking about all the new features and imrovements .

As far as i know , bigant has never made an official gameplay video for both of their previous cricket games.

There is a lot of difference between an official gameplay video by the developer and gameplay uploaded by a random youtube streamer.

Have you considered they might be getting released at a later date?

Users who are viewing this thread