Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

Ashes Cricket has two different control systems available to players.

One option is to play with the dual-stick setup, as we had in the two previous Don Bradman games.

The other option is what people are playing with at PAX. It allows you to aim shots using the left stick, and then use the four face buttons on the controller to determine the type of shot you hit (attacking, defensive, etc).

We've created two approaches to the controls to help people new to cricket games get in and playing right away, and then for veterans there's the full simulation experience with the precise control that the two sticks setup allows.

So the Old control system still exists? Is there any confirmation about this?

Have you considered they might be getting released at a later date?

I was'nt confident they would since they have'nt done it for their past titles .
So just wanted to share my point as a remainder.

I was'nt confident they would since they have'nt done it for their past titles .
They have. Case in point - the DRS review for a LBW in DBC14. I think the batsman was @angad

Not only have we previously released gameplay videos, we previously released playable nets... such short memories.

There have already been gameplay videos, the fact that we change or move the camera does not change that - everything has been recorded in game and not all of it is cut-scenes.
Sir, any news on when academy is releasing?

They have. Case in point - the DRS review for an LBW in DBC14. I think the batsman was @angad
Sorry mate , i had dbc 17 on my mind.
Forgot about gampkay footage of dbc14.

17 we got net training and ground training with mini-skill games
I know , and i was only refering to lack of official gameplay footage.

we never show gameplay.
we never let you play it before release.
we never have Q&A / Interviews.
we certainly never have livestreams.

Never let the facts get in the way of a cool story guys....

Users who are viewing this thread