Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

we never show gameplay.
we never let you play it before release.
we never have Q&A / Interviews.
we certainly never have livestreams.

Never let the facts get in the way of a cool story guys....
But do you make Rugby Union?

Looks like Eoin Morgan is one of England players photo captured in the video , so does that mean one day squads are official too ?[DOUBLEPOST=1509087841][/DOUBLEPOST]
But do you make Rugby Union?

That would be the stuff of dreams after playing Rugby 18 for 1st time today ....

we never show gameplay.
we never let you play it before release.
we never have Q&A / Interviews.
we certainly never have livestreams.

Never let the facts get in the way of a cool story guys....
I never complained about the rest , my only concern was the gameplay footage.
As i posted earlier no official gameplay has been posted by bigant (exclude twiste3 , he is not bigant member).
I am not trying to get under your skin or something , only stating something that has'nt been done for dbc17 and hoping to see for ashes cricket.

I never complained about the rest , my only concern was the gameplay footage.
As i posted earlier no official gameplay has been posted by bigant (exclude twiste3 , he is not bigant member).
I am not trying to get under your skin or something , only stating something that has'nt been done for dbc17 and hoping to see for ashes cricket.
So, for now all you're doing is excluding every type of gameplay released of Big Ant's games only because they were not released by Big Ant?
Tweak me sideways... gameplay footage is gameplay footage

Last edited:
That would be scenes
I am gonna keep at this because the other day @BigAntStudios said someone would have to ask before they made Rugby and i did, and there are still no gameplay videos or screens or PC specs or confirmation of keyboard control....

Ashes Cricket has two different control systems available to players.

One option is to play with the dual-stick setup, as we had in the two previous Don Bradman games.

The other option is what people are playing with at PAX. It allows you to aim shots using the left stick, and then use the four face buttons on the controller to determine the type of shot you hit (attacking, defensive, etc).

We've created two approaches to the controls to help people new to cricket games get in and playing right away, and then for veterans there's the full simulation experience with the precise control that the two sticks setup allows.

Does this mean that at higher difficulties players would have the option of only playing with the dual stick control? I do hope that's the case (mainly from an online POV).

So, for now all you're doing is excluding every type of gameplay released of Big Ant's games only because they were not released by Big Ant?
Tweak me sideways... gameplay footage is gameplay fottage

tbf, i think what he meant was the type of video where you watch a member of the dev team play thru a bit specifically showing and discussing new features, as opposed to any video with gameplay shown in it.

BA have certainly shown gameplay many times, but i don't believe they've ever done like the description above, the closest being twistie's dbc14 one after he was booted out of the play test.

i'm not much of a gamer, so don't know if many studios do like the dev play thru. the only one i've ever seen do it is firaxis with civ, which isn't really comparable.

tbf, i think what he meant was the type of video where you watch a member of the dev team play thru a bit specifically showing and discussing new features, as opposed to any video with gameplay shown in it.

BA have certainly shown gameplay many times, but i don't believe they've ever done like the description above, the closest being twistie's dbc14 one after he was booted out of the play test.

i'm not much of a gamer, so don't know if many studios do like the dev play thru. the only one i've ever seen do it is firaxis with civ, which isn't really comparable.
Nothing compares to Civ, expect maybe XCom.

I've seen the devs for Shadow of War do lots of videos showing off the game on YouTube but that's a different thing too.

I know others might be want to see game play but I'm very much in the camp that I'm a sucker will buy Ashes Cricket anyway because I expect it to be fairly similar to DBC1&17 which I enjoyed. I just wanna get my hands on it.

Ashes Cricket has two different control systems available to players.

One option is to play with the dual-stick setup, as we had in the two previous Don Bradman games.

The other option is what people are playing with at PAX. It allows you to aim shots using the left stick, and then use the four face buttons on the controller to determine the type of shot you hit (attacking, defensive, etc).

We've created two approaches to the controls to help people new to cricket games get in and playing right away, and then for veterans there's the full simulation experience with the precise control that the two sticks setup allows.

Feckin.. ffeckin.. fffeckin.. FECK YEAH!!! Yay yay yay!! Feck YES!! Whoop whoop!!

*sorry my postings have become utter drivel lately haha, im just really feckin happy about this!!!

Why so much fuss about gameplay footage. The game releases in 20 days.

Last edited:
Does this mean that at higher difficulties players would have the option of only playing with the dual stick control?
I don't think that would be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread