Ashes Cricket Media Discussion

tbf, i think what he meant was the type of video where you watch a member of the dev team play thru a bit specifically showing and discussing new features, as opposed to any video with gameplay shown in it.

BA have certainly shown gameplay many times, but i don't believe they've ever done like the description above, the closest being twistie's dbc14 one after he was booted out of the play test.

i'm not much of a gamer, so don't know if many studios do like the dev play thru. the only one i've ever seen do it is firaxis with civ, which isn't really comparable.
Or may be giving a 3rd party (IGN) access to do a video review of the game on their behalf. Most of the devs rely on this to gain exposure as well. I watched a 30 min Assassin's creed origin's gameplay video done by IGN just a few days ago. And it surely gave me a better idea about their gameplay.

Or may be giving a 3rd party (IGN) access to do a video review of the game on their behalf. Most of the devs rely on this to gain exposure as well. I watched a 30 min Assassin's creed origin's gameplay video done by IGN just a few days ago. And it surely gave me a better idea about their gameplay.

Normally the bigger sites don't pay attention to Cricket games (it generally comes down to finding a journo that actually likes Cricket, which can be a struggle!), but IGN AUS has Luke Reilly who covered DBC a lot in the past: he's at PAX this week so I'm sure it will get some attention.

Normally the bigger sites don't pay attention to Cricket games (it generally comes down to finding a journo that actually likes Cricket, which can be a struggle!), but IGN AUS has Luke Reilly who covered DBC a lot in the past: he's at PAX this week so I'm sure it will get some attention.
I'm sure Press Start will do something. They seem to be releasing stories first hand so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something early next week

so do we reckon that the new control system eliminates the need to select any sort of footwork when playing the shot, I'm referring to back or front foot?

They are afraid of showing gameplay[DOUBLEPOST=1509107843][/DOUBLEPOST]ITS IS FUNNY THAT NO BODY RECORDED THE GAMEPLAY TODAY

ITS FUNNY WHEN MY CAPSLOCK GETS STUCK BECAUSE I BEAT ANYONE THAT VIDEOED THE GAME WITH MY KEYBOARD.

I ALSO SHUT DOWN ALL THE INTERNETS TO STOP THE VIDEO BEING SHARED.

ITS FUNNY WHEN MY CAPSLOCK GETS STUCK BECAUSE I BEAT ANYONE THAT VIDEOED THE GAME WITH MY KEYBOARD.

I ALSO SHUT DOWN ALL THE INTERNETS TO STOP THE VIDEO BEING SHARED.
TAKIN A MICKEY.. OOPS CAPS LOCK GOT STUCK ON MY PHONE!!

Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious. You'd think that cricketers might have enough patience to wait 20-odd days to have their questions answered.

For my part, the first few videos look great. I'm very optimistic that this game will be able to satisfy my list for TV-style immersion. Looking forward to the first few play-through videos in the coming weeks.

ROSS U HAVE CAREER IN COMEDY STOP MAKING GAME AND DO COMEDY

Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious. You'd think that cricketers might have enough patience to wait 20-odd days to have their questions answered.

For my part, the first few videos look great. I'm very optimistic that this game will be able to satisfy my list for TV-style immersion. Looking forward to the first few play-through videos in the coming weeks.
Diplomatically Correct!

Users who are viewing this thread