• Yes.

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • Probably, waiting for some reviews/demo

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Probably, but will wait for it to get cheap

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • No, will wait for the next version

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • My specific opinion not covered by the above options, but I want to vote anyway

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
I don't agree. As long as you don't have to have everything running on absolute maximum for ages, you can keep a GPU for about two years. That's what I do - run games at high for as long as they're playable, then drop the settings bit by bit. Plus, turning off things like AA/AF can make a massive difference to your frame-rate and most games look pretty good even on low these days. However, he does need a new GPU, because that one is hopelessly out of date - it's probably PS2 era, or thereabouts. My card will probably set you back less than ?100 now - I got it for ?125 three months or so ago. Just make sure it works with your motherboard.

And never get a high range card when it's just come out: there are never games around that can take advantage of it and by the time such games do come out, the price would've dropped. The last card I bought was an X1950XT for ?115 - six months earlier, the same card was ?300+. So just lower your standards a touch and there's no reason why you can't keep a GPU for quite a long time. What are your complete specs, by the way?
Well I had some experience with a PC few years back. My card did not have pixel shader support and after an year or so I could not play any more game. I got my self PS2 and xbox back then and now I have a pretty dark age laptop and xbox 360. I think our opinions are shaped by our experience and knowledge that you seem to have a lot more than I do.

Just pre-ordered mine today with the EB Games voucher :d
It works man..
Paid $79 and will pick up as soon its released..

Last edited:
I have already pre order mine from amazon.co.uk. They are cheaper then the rest hopefully i should get me game by 7th of Aug.:D

Preordered already eh? I'm waiting for the demo myself.

EB Games have 7 day return policy.. So its better I get to play the whole game rather than the demo.. Demo is often not the full game experience.. i.e., the code is not complete..

From what I've seen of Ashes 2009 I think I will buy it. I haven't brought a cricket game since Cricket 2004, I never saw any point tbh so I'm looking forward to this one.

EB Games have 7 day return policy.. So its better I get to play the whole game rather than the demo.. Demo is often not the full game experience.. i.e., the code is not complete..

Do EB have a 7 day return for PC as well? Lucky sod, GAME stopped doing that ages ago. Good thing about some online retailers is they have a fourteen day returns period, for any reason. To be fair, demos are usually indicative of the game's final quality.

Nearly all cricket games I get excited about and then they don't live up to my expectations. I'm gonna assume the same thing will happen with Ashes 2009. However the fact that it's on wii is awesome. I've been saying they should make a cricket game for wii for years. If it's good I may cotemplate getting a wii because I can imagine how awesome batting would be.

Nearly all cricket games I get excited about and then they don't live up to my expectations. I'm gonna assume the same thing will happen with Ashes 2009. However the fact that it's on wii is awesome. I've been saying they should make a cricket game for wii for years. If it's good I may cotemplate getting a wii because I can imagine how awesome batting would be.

Probably sensible, but remember, this time members from here have actually played it and if they say it's very good, I see no reason why they should lie.

Well don't get ur hopes too highas the game will be very arcadey on Wii.. I just hope it isnt very frustrating experience though.. Right now I am all up for Xbox 360 version for now.. If I hear good reviews for the Wii, then I'll probably get that as well..

FaWaD added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Do EB have a 7 day return for PC as well? Lucky sod, GAME stopped doing that ages ago. Good thing about some online retailers is they have a fourteen day returns period, for any reason. To be fair, demos are usually indicative of the game's final quality.

Well as far as my last experience with Game (Australia), they did have a 7-day return policy on new games.. They did take away the price comparison for now though..

Dont need to mention original or pirated:p i am really trying to find site for buying this ashes09 may i will buy from shop or may be from any website but will surely buy this game now i think this thread can be close as many discussion are being settled in this thread.

Dont need to mention original or pirated:p i am really trying to find site for buying this ashes09 may i will buy from shop or may be from any website but will surely buy this game now i think this thread can be close as many discussion are being settled in this thread.

The Moderators are well assigned to know when to close down the thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread