Asia Cup March 2011/12

Why would Rahim ball Shahadat in the final over when Nazmul had 2 overs left?

Maybe because Shahadat has had good performance against Pakistan in the group match.. they were confused with his bouncers and slow deliveries.

Maybe because Shahadat has had good performance against Pakistan in the group match.. they were confused with his bouncers and slow deliveries.

Yeah that day he was peppering them with short balls, but today he was bowling all over the place.

Why would Rahim ball Shahadat in the final over when Nazmul had 2 overs left?

I asked the same thing in the previous match when Nazmul had taken 3/20ish off 6 overs early and in the end Shahadat bowled his full 10 and Nazmul only 8.

Pakistan really seem to have got some poor decisions here. If only there was a system in place to stop such obvious errors from happening....? Oh wait!!!! There is one :facepalm

If this was India now, the forum would be awash with abuse towards the umpires.

Yea got two bad decisions, but we got off with Hafeez getting away on what seemed a plum lbw. I wouldnt mind getting Hafeez out for one of Younis/Akmal to be back. :P

No need to hate the Indians here, we really deserve to lose by putting a batting performance like that.

BD putting up a spirited performance. Looks like nohting can stop them right now. Nazimuddin does look quite tentative instarting. Maybe, its a part of their strategy to bat this way.

4 fifties in 4 matches. Tamim Iqbal or Shakib should be the Man of The Series irrespective of the result.

On match, does anyone feel Nazimuddin should play faster...

And as I type he is out :p Still I feel this is Bangladesh's match although they dont have what is required the Final pressure reliver thingy!

----------

This is what happens when you play slowly on a dead batting track. I feel Nazimuddin has created a grave for Bangladesh with that horrendous 52 ball 14 runs innings. I know Tamim is hitting well and all but you have to score runs. Currently Bangladesh is scoring at 3.80 rpo and required is 5 so now once this mounts up to 6 or 7 they wont be playing well under pressure cause I feel this is their first try at a big total

----------

In bowling power play 3 overs for 6 runs and 2 wickets? Come on we want you to win play positively and stop thinking this as a fina

----------

and in desperation times why dont they send in Shakib Al Hasan?

nazimuddin had been horrible all tournament so he was really lucky to start, I admire the fact he wanted to dig in and not throw his wicket away but 16 off 52 balls was a bit too slow, he should have at least rotated the strike more, played out too many maidens.

that said, razzaq and shakib were very economical, spins is tying the batsmen down and pakistans line up is packed with spinners (in stark contrast to sri lankas) this was always going to make this a trek.

Last edited:
It will be interesting if Shakib and Nasir stay till the end, the target is still not too difficult, they should look to attack the quick bowlers and play the spinners a bit cautiously, Cheema hasn't bowled that well,he is the weak link at the moment,and he might not bowl the full quota of his overs. Ajmal and Hafeez have 9 overs left between them, they need to plan well and not get too impatient, the target is still gettable.

Last edited:
cometh the hour, cometh the man. haha (will probably get out next ball now)

but yeah, it looks like pakistan are going to want hafeez and ajmal to strangle it.

cheema has to be targetted, gul too, he can do damage but can also go for runs.

Last 9 overs 78 to win.....Though 7 wkts in hand, I think they might goof up with the run chase....It tends to be seen whether that last wkt stand of 30 will really help Pakistan....

Wow, Bangladesh can easily do it from here now. One moment I thought it was done this time round when Tamim got out and the pressure was building. Even Shakib looked shaky at the start. But, it seems Bangladesh now do not panic. They have the batsmen who are willing to stick out in the middle. Mushfiq and Shakib can really do it from here. What a tournament this has been for Tamim and Shakib! Come on guys, create the history!

There goes Shakib...As I told they are goofing up here.... Now that last wkt stand of 30 will really be costly....

Users who are viewing this thread