Story Aus 0/133 (20) vs NZ:Planetcricket Buys out the ICC(C2005) Aus off to Great Start!

Who will win the PCC Champions Trophy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right call. 100% record. Yeah I would of had a bat first. Hopefully us batsmen can make a big score then back it up with some good bowling.

Can't wait for this to start :)

Dydl

Club Cricketer
Echoing cacptain Hander's thoughts. Nice to be batting first and hopefully we can put up a good totel then defend it.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
hopefully our bowlers can keep the score down to a managable one, and our top order actually fire, which would be nice. Then hopefully the middle order (like me) can attack to try get the score we nee d:)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Have the Windies played any games yet?
I've been busy with our intensive training regime...

Not as i know of, :(, but then again, ive been down beach so i wouldnt have known anyways

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Have the Windies played any games yet?
I've been busy with our intensive training regime...
No, only one match has been played so far, South Africa defeated England by 5 wickets I think (and I played the whole game), New Zealand and Australia is going to start soon, and I think India v Pakistan is after that, if they're in Pool A, and the other match is Sri Lanka v West Indies.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
AUSTRALIA OFF TO A GREAT START
Australia: 0/60 Off 10

Live from Cape Town
Australia Won Toss and Elected to Bat
Umpires: Rudi Koetzen, Steve Bucknor

Australia are off to a fantastic match in their opening PCC Champions Trophy match against New Zealand at Cape Town. Aussie Captain Left_hander won the toss and elected to bat on this great batting wicket. It has proven to be a great decision as the opening pair of Debuton wfdu_ben91 and legendary batsman Adam Gilchrist. The opening pair got off to a magnificant start and have put Australia in a good position of 0/60 after 10 overs. Most shots which were scored with were boundaries with one huge six going to Gilchrist. The bowlers are really feeling it with Octavious going for 7 RPO and Bond going for 5 RPO. Some great Straight Drives, square drives etc have been played by these two opening batsman who will be hoping to stay in as long as possible.
gilchurch23jv8.jpg

Adam Gilchrist got off to the start smashing 8 off his first six balls (1st over of match) Once he wasinto the game his partner down the other end joined in with him. But as you can see above, Gilchrist is in some great form and will be hoping to take it into the rest of the Champions Trophy! Everytime Gilchrist was on strike, kiwi captain Treva was nervous and biting his nails. Gilchrist is starting to become very confirdent and because of this succesful start we could be seeing a century from him!
wfdu36norc7.jpg

wfdu_ben91 so far the star. I mean you can say Gilchrist is doing some superb stuff so you can then call wfdu_ben91 donig some remarkable stuff. No sixes but has always picked the gaps well with his 8 fours. Has played well this whole innings and deserves to keep his spot. He is so close to his 50 and obviously will not want to get out cheaply now for less then 50. Has played very well through the offside and played well straight. Not much has been done on the legside however and once the restricitions are gone, I'm sure he will attack there alot more.
nzbwling10aj9.jpg

The New Zealand bowling attack hasnt been very succesful in these crucial first 10 overs. If they are wanting to be ontop of this match their spinners are going to have to back up the pace bowlers and take some wickets which will be despratley needed for New Zealand.
partnership10ovresel1.jpg

So as you can see both players above have contributed to the great partnership and if they continue we should see a score of 300+ for Australia which will be very comfortable for them to defend

SCORECARDS
scorecard10oversausks7.jpg

nzbwling10overssy4.jpg

So thats the first 10 overs review. There will also be a commentary change up here it is going to be Jeremy Coney and with him is Mark Taylor.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Looks like the captain gets to laze around all day. I love this job :p

Hopefully if I get in I can cash in.

Nice work by Gilly and Benny :). Captain Hander approves :D

Users who are viewing this thread