Aussie_Ben91's Modern-Day Fantasy Test Draft

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
cricket_logo.jpg

Aussie_Ben91's Modern-Day Fantasy Test Draft

Okay, here is the deal. I've gone and recruited 5 of the most knowledgable cricketing fanatics on this forum to participate in a draft that will consist of 5 teams. The draft will be Test exclusive and only players that have represented their country in atleast 10 Tests since the 1st of January, 1990, will be eligable for selection. Also players that debuted during or before 1985 are NOT eligable for selection (So that players like Malcom Marshall, Imran Khan, etc aren't selected because of success in other decades). After each draft pick, the selector will have to write a short summary of why they picked this player and what role they will be given. When all 5 teams have been fully selected then I will open another thread, with a poll and the Planetcricket community will cast their vote to determine the winner. The Poll will be open for 2 weeks and the leader at the end of the 2 weeks will be announced the victor of this draft.

In short, here are the following guidelines for the contestants:

* Only players who played atleast 10 Tests after January 1st, 1990 are eligable for selection.
* Players that debuted during or before the year of 1985 are NOT eligable for selection.
* Write a short summary of why you drafted every particular player and their teamrole.
* List out your batting order in the same post, after every draftpick you make.
* Once all of the teams are selected, each contestant will have to PM message me a convincing short summary of their selected team.
* A Poll will be added to the thread and the PC community will vote for the best XI during the course of 2 weeks to determine the winner.

Also, before we start, I will not be allowing anyone else to join in. Any complaints about this is strictly prohibited and whingeing nonsense will not be tolerated. To begin, the 5 contestants will be myself, King Pietersen, Manee, Dare and Mrtwisties. The draft-order for the first two rounds will be as follows:

01.01 : King Pietersen
01.02 : Manee
01.03 : Dare
01.04 : Mrtwisties
01.05 : Aussie_Ben91

02.01 : Aussie_Ben91
02.02 : King Pietersen
02.03 : Manee
02.04 : Dare
02.05 : Mrtwisties

King Pietersen, you are up first.

Pick: Sachin Tendulkar
Explanation: Simple really. Best batsman of the modern era and one of the most aesthetically pleasing and entertaining batsmen of all-time. A legend of the modern era, easy pick.

4. Sachin Tendulkar

Apartheid. I protest!:p

And I thought PC was a transparent cricket forum respecting the values of all posters.

PC respects the values of all posters. Aussie_Ben doesn't, I'm glad about that as well, as the other drafts have way too many people. This is a time limited draft meaning the less contestants the better, and Ben's handpicked a few regular members to take part. I like the idea.

PC respects the values of all posters. Aussie_Ben doesn't, I'm glad about that as well, as the other drafts have way too many people. This is a time limited draft meaning the less contestants the better, and Ben's handpicked a few regular members to take part. I like the idea.
Then why put that in a public forum? Obviously, by "selecting" the 5 members, it gives out a message that these 5 are the best, and others are ****? Not that I care for Ben's opinions, but to make it public is taking things a bit too far imho.

If he really wants to go about that, he may open a thread in his social group and proceed with that right? By saying stuff like "Others are not allowed to post here and will be treated disdainfully", never mind the childishness, is not a good endorsement in a reputed forum like this.

Code:
01.01 - King Pietersen:		Sachin Tendulkar
01.02 - Manee
01.03 - Dare
01.04 - Mrtwisties
01.05 - Aussie_Ben91

02.01 - Aussie_Ben91
02.02 - King Pietersen
02.03 - Manee
02.04 - Dare
02.05 - Mrtwisties
Manee, you are up.

aussie_ben91 added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

noooo :crying:crying:crying this means I cant pick Walsh :crying
I'll make an exception for Walsh and anyone else who played the majority of their careers in the 1990's. Wasim Akram is another one who is eligable for selection, despite my criteria.

Last edited:
Pick: Glenn Mcgrath
Explanation: Greatest opening bowler of the modern generation.

11. Glenn Mcgrath

I've never done one of these before, so excuse me if I'm not too good with the strategy.

Code:
01.01 : King Pietersen		Sachin Tendulkar
01.02 : Manee			Glenn McGrath
01.03 : Dare

Dare, you are up.

Pick: Brian Lara
Explanation: One of the top batsman in the 90s and early 2000s. Since Sachin already went it only made sense to take the one batsman that matched his greatness.

4. Brian Lara

Code:
01.01 : King Pietersen		Sachin Tendulkar
01.02 : Manee			Glenn McGrath
01.03 : Dare			Brian Lara