Story Australia-2007/08 to 2009/10

Much better effort from SL batters in their 2nd dig, first inns shocker will probably stuff up their chances for a win though.

AUSTRALIA FIGHT BACK

Australia have fought back bravely in the 1st Test against Sri Lanka. At Lunch today, Sri Lanka were 1/184 but during that session Australia fought back with 3 quick wickets at the end of the session. Tharanga was the first to go when he fell to a Tait yorker for a magnificent 137. Shortly after that Jayawardene fell to Cullen when he skied a catch to mid-on. In the next over Samaraweera fell for a duck when he was trapped LBW by Brett Lee. Snangakkara is still there on 106 not out

asup4.jpg
Stuart Clark celebrates the wicket of Jayawardene​

SCORECARD

TEA DAY 4
Australia 515
Sri Lanka 240 and 4/279​

Murbarak C Hayden B Lee 12
Tharanga B Tait 137
Sangakkara NOT OUT 106
Jayawardene C Cullen B Clark 12
Samaraweera LBW Lee 0
Dilshan NOT OUT 2
Kapugedera
Maharoof
Vaas
Kulasekara
Muralitharan

Extras 10

Tait 20-64-1
Lee 20-57-2
Clark 25-75-1
Cullen 25-83-0

ascr7.jpg
Shaun TAit in action

Last edited:
Australia in a much better position with those 3 wickets. It is also nice to see a new story from you crows :)

Left_Hander said:
Australia in a much better position with those 3 wickets. It is also nice to see a new story from you crows :)

thanks

Australia's quicks are doing the damage, Clark, Lee and Tait. Now i wonder what they spinners will produce.

Also maybe a suggestion. Make the text a little bit bigger, maybe size 3 would be good, thats what i use for my story, and its easy to read and i think i looks a hell of a lot better

CULLEN DESTROYS LOWEr ORDER

A dominated Australia have bowled Sri Lanka out for 321. Daniel Cullen ripped through the lower oder, taking 4 wickets in the session. Australia will only need 47 runs to defeat Sri Lanka

asmh8.jpg
Dan Cullen in action​

SCORECARD

END OF INNINGS
Australia 515
Sri Lanka 240 and 321​

Murbarak C Hayden B Lee 12
Tharanga B Tait 137
Sangakkara B Cullen 126
Jayawardene C Cullen B Clark 12
Samaraweera LBW Lee 0
Dilshan C Tait B Lee 2
Kapugedera C Hayden B Cullen 8
Maharoof LBW Clark 3
Vaas B Cullen 2
Kulasekara B Cullen 3
Muralitharan NOT OUT 0

Extras 16

Tait 27-75-1
Lee 27-67-3
Clark 33-86-2
Cullen 32.2-93-4

asot1.jpg
Stuart Clark in actin

Roofrom50 said:
Also maybe a suggestion. Make the text a little bit bigger, maybe size 3 would be good, thats what i use for my story, and its easy to read and i think i looks a hell of a lot better

if anybody else agrees please say so - if i get 3 other people i'll change it

Good work by Cullen.

I would probably encourage you to make the font bigger and also it gets a little bit annyoing everytime a player has a picture the caption is "Player X in action". Just thought I would let you know.

Left_Hander said:
Good work by Cullen.

I would probably encourage you to make the font bigger and also it gets a little bit annyoing everytime a player has a picture the caption is "Player X in action". Just thought I would let you know.

ok - will do mate :)

AUSTRALIA WIN BY 10 WICKETS

Australia have crushed Sri Lanka in the first test at Brisbane by 10 wickets. Australia only needed 47 to defeat Sri Lanka and take a 1-0 lead in the series

asdl3.jpg
Phil Jaques ducks from a short ball​

SCORECARD

END OF MATCH
Australia 515 and 0/47
Sri Lanka 240 and 321​

Hayden NOT OUT 20
Jaques NOT OUT 24
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey