Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Still a bit of worry about North, hasn't cracked a big score in a while. I'm hoping it is just the warm up but Ponting and Katich again failed to convert the start into a biggie, in particular Ponting who has been getting starts but not going on which has cost us in the batting.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lee would be happy with picking up a 3fer but he was a little expensive. Not surprised Clark picked up a few but he went for a little more then I would have thought. Hilfy was economical as was Siddle but Siddle picked up 2. I guess the bowl off is still pretty even after considering those stats. Maybe Hilfy is falling behind a tad. Devo to see Haury get hammered and not even get a scalp though. Thats really worrying.

lol Hughes is gun. 0/18 off 7 and Hughes is 17* and Katman 0*.

Feelin Blue? added 33 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Oh cricinfo was stuffing up, didn't realise there was a whole days play after we were 0/18 :p

Good to see Hughesy get some runs as well as Punter after their first innings disappointments. Interesting to see Clarke make a good score as well. North will be angry he didn't make the most of his time at number 5

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I reckon Siddle is a must because he is economical and has the knack to take wickets. Johnson a given, so if we are going in with a spinner it is between Lee and Clark. Hauritz has the 2nd inns to change my opinion but right now I will go with the 4 pacemen I mentioned. Sadly Hilfy is struggling to take wickets so hes out of the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread