Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters

Therbs

PCPL Season 2: Best Bowler (Division 2)
Online Cricket Games Owned
What Australia needs is for one of the top 3 to fire plus either Hussey or Clarke. We can rely on the last 5 wickets to get us some runs but a couple of hundred from the batsmen would be a nice change. Maybe its just a diversionary tactic. Like KP looking through his girlfriend's phone and finding Warney's number in there as a favourite.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Last time in 2005 Ashes Aus lost because (this is one of the reason)they coudnt play against Eng bowler's reverse swing,then for 07 Aus bowlers went to Akram and learned the art,if Aus bastman could now handle the reverse swing (this is the time june-july where the ball does it in air),then it would be really interesting,lets see...

angryangy

ICC Chairman
115/5...!!!!!!
Duck for Clarke!!!LOL!!North goes for 1!!Waiting for Sussex to beat them

Sorry Clarke's not out yet!!But getting owned by an Italian is........LOL..I am enjoying the Ashes a Lot!!!!
more exclamation marks!!!!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Siddle's got 2 now. Could be enough to get him that spot.

Prior to this game I think the pecking order was:
Siddle
Clark/Lee (I think Clark for into the wind bowling, Ponting sounds like he still wants Lee)
Hilfy

Would be tough on Siddle to miss out if he picks up some wickets here.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Here comes the Siddle train, right on time :D

Seriously though, Siddle will rip through England, I can feel it in my bones. He's a big game player - 5 for in the Shield final (while injured, against a full strength NSW side), awesome on Boxing Day and the New Year's test. I'm tipping him to get at least one 6 or 7 for.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Siddle is awesome. How Stevo could pick Lee ahead of him in his XI baffles me. Siddle's the 2nd most successful bowler in Test cricket this year behind Swanny, and he shows some serious passion on the field. Just annoying he's Australian really.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Lee gets Wright, this is good stuff from an Australian line up lacking Mitchell Johnson.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well Lee's got a double so far. But he is still considerably expensive, 5 no balls so far; one in front of Siddle.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hopefully Lee'll bag a 5fer and secure his place for Cardiff. That'd be reet nice. Nice to see Hauritz getting spanked by an average county batting line-up as well!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Lee's going a long way towards taking his tailend 5 fa and getting that spot in Cardiff. Will probably do it against the Lions as well...

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Hauritz 18.0 0 98 0

Ouch, how bad is Hauritz? It's not like it was a brilliant batting attack either.

All the other Aussies seem to bowl well though

Users who are viewing this thread