Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ponting really needs to do something this series. He's been pretty poor in the last 12+ months and will want to start off the series with a ton.

And to the guy who said we won't retain the Ashes. This is our first First Class game in 3 or so months. There's going to be some rustiness.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hughes and Ponting out to Sandri and Wright. Nice start boys. If Australia don't make a massive score against a bowling attack with Luke Wright as first change then I'd be worried for them.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watson has been cleared, foxsports was reporting Hodge was next in line but no direct quotes so we will have to wait a bit longer before knowing who the selectors have in mind.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Crappy start. Hopefully the katman can go on and make a big one. Pretty Devo to see Clarke at 5, I like him at 4.

Pretty curious to see if Lee will take a few wickets, I think he might be able to out bowl Hilfy which might out him ahead in the pecking order.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
LMAO. 115/5. Any chance of starting the Cardiff Test tommorow? It's not like they're being done over by a decent attack either, this is a 3rd or 4th string Sussex attack.

shubhrayu

International Coach
115/5...!!!!!!
Duck for Clarke!!!LOL!!North goes for 1!!Waiting for Sussex to beat them

Sorry Clarke's not out yet!!But getting owned by an Italian is........LOL..I am enjoying the Ashes a Lot!!!!

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Duck for Clarke? =/ He's 1 not out from 2. Hughes, Ponting, Katich, Hussey and North are the wickets to fall. Getting owned by an Italian and Luke Wright. Ha.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
SANDRI FOR ENGLAND!

I'd rather Phailip Hughes saves his poor form for the Ashes tbh.

karnog

International Cricketer
Shaky. Hussey and Kato got starts. Not too worried about Hughes. He'll bounce back but Ponting is the real key. Need him to get some form because lets face it his form by his standards is woeful.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Never fear our tail always comes to the rescue :) Hussey is struggling to convert lately and Katich tends to have this problem but at least hes been getting 50s. North is starting to be a worry as he hasn't done much since his debut 100.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Australians 349/7 90.0 overs,thanks to Lee,Hauritz,they were struggling badly..

nikhil_99

International Coach
Ponting should fire now,he hasent delivered for last 12 months or so,if he looses this time,mostly he will be sacked as a captain,lets see,he is a class player no doubt,but he needs to get few runs...

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
115-5 was a pretty bad start but Australia did well to get to where they are.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We have been doing this all summer, our batters get out cheaply then our tail gets us pass 400. If the batters ever fire together we will be looking at 500+ easy.

Users who are viewing this thread