Australia in India

I think Johnson would be better then Tait.
Wheres Clark?
The main thing that came across from Tait in the World Cup was that he seemed to be getting more consistent and more dangerous as the tournament wore on, he hit his stride. Johnson has struggled very much to do similar. He doesn't seem to have the pace or trickery to justify his failings, where he becomes extraordinarily expensive. Tait has both the breakneck speed and a range of weapons.

So Sean thinks:
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait

I think:

Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait
Johnson
But thats a bit long so take out Johnson or tait

Why is Mick Lewis not in the squad - he would be useful on this our in my opinion.

Someone has to carry the drinks ;)

So Sean thinks:
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait

I think:

Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Tait
Johnson
But thats a bit long so take out Johnson or tait

No way would you have 6 bowlers and only 5 batsmen. You only use 5. And there's also Andy Symonds. And you could consider him as an allrounder. So that's 7 bowlers. 4 is enough.

Lol Lee for a second i was like.... umm ok :rolleyes:
Who do you think should be the bowling line up for Aus?

Why is Mick Lewis not in the squad - he would be useful on this our in my opinion.

Someone has to carry the drinks ;)

Ppphhh.....
He'll never play again after his effort against the Saffies. He won't even carry the drinks.

No way would you have 6 bowlers and only 5 batsmen. You only use 5. And there's also Andy Symonds. And you could consider him as an allrounder. So that's 7 bowlers. 4 is enough.
Thats why i said take out Johnson or tait at the end.

No watson? But you cant. Symonds is their as a batter anyhow. So its 5 bowlers and someone who can chip in. Just cuz he can bowl doesn't mean thats 6 and we should take another person out.

As an outsider, I think this team would do fine in the ODIs:

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Adam Gilchrist (wicket keeper)
3. Ricky Ponting (captain)
4. Brad Hodge
5. Michael Hussey
6. Michael Clarke
7. Andrew Symonds
8. Brad Hogg
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shaun Tait

It's nice and balanced if you asked me. Powerplay attacking openers, classy middle order, late order hitter, decent tail enders.

A little disappointed Cullen isn't in the squad :noway , I also wonder if Nathan Bracken will go over to India considering him and his Wife's baby are due in October?

As an outsider, I think this team would do fine in the ODIs:

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Adam Gilchrist (wicket keeper)
3. Ricky Ponting (captain)
4. Brad Hodge
5. Michael Hussey
6. Michael Clarke
7. Andrew Symonds
8. Brad Hogg
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shaun Tait

It's nice and balanced if you asked me. Powerplay attacking openers, classy middle order, late order hitter, decent tail enders.
For me

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Adam Gilchrist
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Symonds.
7. Shane Watson
8. Brad Hogg
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shaun Tait.
Might be a bit unbalanced though.

For me

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Adam Gilchrist
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Clarke
5. Michael Hussey
6. Andrew Symonds.
7. Shane Watson
8. Brad Hogg
9. Brett Lee
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Shaun Tait.
Might be a bit unbalanced though.

Shane Watson isn't good enough in my opinion. Brad Hodge scored a brilliant hundred in the Commonwealth Bank Series and has a solid technique, as well as the advantage of good form.

Shane Watson isn't good enough in my opinion. Brad Hodge scored a brilliant hundred in the Commonwealth Bank Series and has a solid technique, as well as the advantage of good form.

98* Or a 99. I can't remember. But before he scored his maiden ton in the WC he made 2 scores in the 90s.

Swap Hodge for Watson and slot him up to 5?
Hodge can do the job no doubt but Watson is big and strong and has some pace when he bowls. But i will be happy either way.

Users who are viewing this thread