Australia in India

What will be the possible series outcomes?

• India wins 4-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 3-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • India wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Australia wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Australia wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 3-0

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 4-0

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm going for Australia.:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer
I'd just like to comment on M.Clarke

M.Clarke is a very high quality batsman in the Australian ODI team. He usually gets about the runs that are close to the amount of balls. He is also a safe player. He should've had more turns in the test team!!!!

Rangeela

International Coach
h-mAin said:
Wow, everybody thinks Australia will win 4-0 :p

there was only one vote in the poll thats why it showed 100%... doesnt meant everybody

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
No one thinks India is going to win yet!!! :D:D:D:D:D

espnstar

School Cricketer
indian chance of wining 50/50 austarila's chance of wining 100/100

squiz

International Coach
dude your stupid, 50/50 means fifty percent chance of winning or losing, 100/100 means theres 200% which is impossible

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
Yes, nothing is 100%! Like who thaught windies was going to win when they came in the semis? I checked on bet365.com that they were the "highest odds" team winning, they had about 4,85 or something..Australia had something with 1, and pakistan and england after that...!! So India could win, I thnk they have a strong quapabale team to beat the aussies!

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
hi ppl said:
No one thinks India is going to win yet!!!
no one thought so in 2001 too dude! and don't discount the fact that India really pull their socks up when they meet the Kangaroos esp. in tests and they are the only ones who have given the Aussies a real hard time in two series(2001 and last winter) on the trot...who made the most runs against India last winter - Ponting... and he is out... a hairline fracture shouldn't be healed in 2 weeks flat... but am hoping that it gets healed because then India's great victories will look more credible to their critics...

all this is a case of great optimism - not regarding the result - but regarding the tour itself - its in great danger of being cancelled - yeah Indian Supreme COurt is to decide on a petition tomorrow regarding the broadcasting rights and if these things are not decided quickly (before the first tour match) then the tour is off!!!:crying

keep ur fingers crossed guys...if it takes place it will be a cracker!!!

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ajit said:
NZ's tour of India last year saw some dead pitches and dull draws. Hope that this time they atleast make better pitches. BCCI's comment was that the games would have a result and will carry on till 5th day. Ahmedabad and Mohali had the worst pitches and there was no fun at all. The teams had good batting line-ups and none got out unless he threw away his wicket.

In ny opinion the pitches should be a bit like what we saw at Lahore helpful for seamers early on, then easy to bat on and finally good for spinners.

The New Zealand players had draw in their minds even before the first ball of the test series was bowled. Australia will look to win the match from the very go. Australia are kind of team which will always give the opposition team chances to outwit them, but such is their strength that this eventually helps them in winning matches. Remember the Adelaide test that india won? if it were any other team than Australia, they would have started playing for a draw but Aussies even with few wickets down wanted to win the match and their agressiveness in end helped A. Agarkar who strangley bowled with good head and consistency.

So my friend worry not about drawn matches. this series is will be cracker (only if the Indian batsmen get their groove back).

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ajit said:
btw rahulk666, "Rest of India" is thrashing Mumbai. Mumbai need 412 with 7 wickets in hand.
Edited:The match is over now.
Rest of India 314 & 378
Mumbai 198 & 204 (68.0 ov)
Rest of India won by 290 runs :)

Whoa dude, one match tells nothing. WI are not the No. 1 team now because they won Champions Cup. And besides S. Tendulkar was not playing. ;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sriram, Mongia and Gambhir performing on the domestic level definitely doesn't mean that they will immediately do well against the Aussies. Although they may deserve a place in the team, the three of them cannot just be initiated into a big series like this. Besides, all three have got a chance with the Indian team before.

Sehwag, Yuvi and Chopra can't make a match-winning difference? This is the most obsolete thing I have heard this week. :P Tell me, did 309 make a difference in the Pakistan tour? Apart from turning the whole thing upside-down, maybe not. Sehwag is the type of player who can just turn his form in one session. Since it is a test match, there is no scope for him trying to push the run rate.

If he simply bats out the first session, the Aussies could be looking at a different complexion to the match. Regarding Yuvraj, I personally don't think he deserves a place in the team yet. However, there is no one to fill in the gap for Sachin so he may get a place anyhow. Wait, I think there is another batsman's spot anyway. As for Chopra, he is not expected to blast away 150 runs by tea. At tea, on average 360 balls have been bowled. If Chopra (rarely) faces 180 of these balls, he should be expected to make a maximum of 90 (that is a strike rate of 50--remember these are test matches).

Chopra is not in the team to smash the bowling--he is there to play out the new ball. If Kaspa, Gillespie and McGrath don't pick a wicket in the first hour--that makes a huge difference in the context of the game. And additionally, it means Dravid is protected against the new ball. Which means he can pretty much come out and play on a flat wicket.

What else is there? My ideal India line-up would be:

Sehwag, Chopra, Dravid, Kaif, Ganguly, Laxman, Parthiv, Pathan, Agarkar, Harbhajan, Kumble. The bowling may seem a little weak with the two spinners...but I doubt that there is much scope of seaming that we need to play three seamers. The aussies weakness is spin, not seam. As for Kaif's inclusion, I think he should have been initiated into the team long ago. He has shown he has the temperament to play testing cricket--he is not an overtly quick scorer of runs. Not only will he improve the running of the whole team--the fielding will also be given an upheaval.

As for the Aussies, I think Michael Clarke gives them a very good edge. Clarke is a quick scorer, good runner and great fielder. He can also toss it up with the ball. If he gets a good match in here, one of the top order may be fearing their position!

That's all for now.

Users who are viewing this thread