Australia in India

What will be the possible series outcomes?

• India wins 4-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 3-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • India wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Australia wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Australia wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 3-0

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 4-0

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
About the whole television controversy, I think the BCCI has purposely executed it to bring the crowds to the game. :P They have already said they would hire a production house if required to assist in the third-umpire replays. Believe me, they're just trying to rekindle an old tradition --watching cricket in the stadium (and even listening on the radio)

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aussies may head straight back to home without playing any test matches if the broadcast rights issue is not settled. They have clearly written that to the BCCI. Telstra has agreement with Cricket Australia over the telecast in Australia.

Its really pathetic to see BCCI get into one controversy or the other time and time again over money issues despite the fact that they are the wealthiest cricket boards in the world. I am sure if Cricket Australia had the kind of money BCCI makes then they would build such a cricketing infrastructure that they would never get beaten in any form of the game by any team ever!

Ajit

Club Cricketer
The defense of Aakash Chopra isn't rock solid like Dravid's. More than that, what is so special in an Average of 28, Strike Rate of 35 and highest score of 60. He was beaten on defense on many occasions by Tuffey when on 60, by Lee in Australia and had no response to over-pitched deliveries by Sami(LBW twice). I agree he is talented or whatever but there are many better players in India. Das,Ramesh,Bangar were all having better defenses and temperament and even Sriram,Gambhir or Mongia will only be better. I could only hope that he plays well but can't have faith in him, he can get out anytime.

Veeru is a certain gamble. I think he can even cross 400 but may get out first ball. Here too only hope goes on.

Yuvi has the best technique among all these guys and is brilliant against all pacers, but very doubtful against spin even at his best and if his poor ODI form goes into tests it can't be worse. But, maybe...

But two guys I could really trust on are only V.V.S. Laxman and Rahul Dravid. They are just terrific, particularly if they have a partnership going on.

btw, rahulk666 what do you mean to say? players like Jumbo,Kaifu,Veeru,VVS,Dada,Yuvi,Zaheer,Nehra,Bala,Parthiv etc. are not as good as 6 Mumbai Ranji players. That is exactly what I interpret. Mumbai + Irf,Dravid,Bhajji will also include Sachin and Agarkar. But what about other 6. Rest of India proved that those 6 aren't better. I also have a lot of respect for players like Jadhav,Kanitkar,Bahutule,etc. and also agree that Mumbai is the best Ranji Team now and ever but they are no way as good as Team India.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ajit said:
btw, rahulk666 what do you mean to say? players like Jumbo,Kaifu,Veeru,VVS,Dada,Yuvi,Zaheer,Nehra,Bala,Parthiv etc. are not as good as 6 Mumbai Ranji players. That is exactly what I interpret. Mumbai + Irf,Dravid,Bhajji will also include Sachin and Agarkar. But what about other 6. Rest of India proved that those 6 aren't better. I also have a lot of respect for players like Jadhav,Kanitkar,Bahutule,etc. and also agree that Mumbai is the best Ranji Team now and ever but they are no way as good as Team India.

Ajit, take a look at last years Mumbai Ranji team. They had no genuine class batsmen as well as genuine class bowlers but they still managed to win. How did they do it? Sheer teamwork. Cricket is a team sport and to win the team has to play well. The way the Mumbai team gel together is phenomenal. If you ever get a chance, watch them in a ranji match. Even when they are 6-7 down guys like Powar and Sai stick around to snatch the initiative from opposition. Morris, malvi, Salvi, swapneel hazare and not the kind of fearsome fast bowlers you will come across, but they still pick up 2-3 wickets even on the placid tailor made-for-spinner wickets.

Team india had the team work and were really gelling in the Aussie and Pak series. the break in between has spoilt it and once again we are back to the One-Man Army cricket. This time instead of tendulkar its Dravid with the bat and Pathan with the ball.

I feel even if the Mumbai ranji players lack the skill which Laxman, Yuvi, Sehwag have they can still do the job and that job is winning consistently with having Dravid, Bhajji and Pathan (of course I am counting Agarkar and S.Tendulkar in mumbai team).

h-mAin

Club Cricketer
What are you guys talking about :p:p
Hehe, but are Windies on top of the ICC ranking?? Dude! They are not best in the world only if they won the ICC Champions Trophy are they??!!

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ajit said:
Maybe ..., but Laxman is brilliant.

I agree. But there is a slight chink in his armor. he tends to lose the ball when the ball is bowled fast and full. Not exactly a yorker but a fast ball that will hit the stumps halfway. he has gotten out (LBW or bowled) on balls like that for many times and i wouldn't be surprised if Aussies have already discovered this.

Last edited:

Rangeela

International Coach
Fox Sports to broadcast Test series

The Australian television network due to broadcast the four-Test series against India is confident of screening it no matter which Indian company wins the coverage rights.

A spokesman for Fox Sports, the satellite channel owned by Rupert Murdoch, said there had been discussions with other possible providers in the subcontinent to ensure that if the matches were played, they would be shown in Australia.

A battle for the rights is being staged in the Supreme Court in Delhi, which was today due to hear a petition filed by Zee Telefilms over the BCCI's decision to cancel its A$430 million four-year contract to telecast Indian cricket.

Murdoch also controls the ESPN-Star network, which challenged the deal on the grounds that Zee did not have the required experience as a cricket broadcaster.

Both the ICC and Cricket Australia are against playing the series without live television coverage and the BCCI is currently finalising arrangements for another broadcaster to pick up the series.

"Discussions have been held with other parties and no matter who gets it we are in a position to provide coverage here," said Dugald Saunders, a Fox Sports spokesman. "From our point of view it doesn't actually matter who gets the rights over there."

The first Test is due to start in Bangalore on October 6.

T20

Panel of Selectors
I remember Shoaib did that in 3rd test in Pakistan..

I wonder what Aussie pace attack will be - McGrath and Lee haven't looked at their best in recent games. May be Kasprowich will find a place along with Gillespie.

rahulk666 said:
I agree. But there is a slight chink in his armor. he tends to lose the ball when the ball is bowled fast and full. Not exactly a yorker but a fast ball that will hit the stumps halfway. he has gotten out (LBW or bowled) on balls like that for many times and i wouldn't be surprised if Aussies have already discovered this.

Last edited:

Ajit

Club Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
i wouldn't be surprised if Aussies have already discovered this.

They must have, no doubt.
I hope he gets rid of this trouble(he can). btw, he can really destroy all Aussie hopes as he loves playing them(and has done it many times)

and i don't think aussies will use 2 spinners. i think they will go with 3 pacers. Maybe 6 batsmen(including Gilly) and two spinners, but you never know.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Shailesh said:

I wonder what Aussie pace attack will be - McGrath and Lee haven't looked at their best in recent games. May be Kasprowich will find a place along with Gillespie.

Harmison did it in the last match of Natwest challenge.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Ajit said:
btw rahulk666, "Rest of India" is thrashing Mumbai. Mumbai need 412 with 7 wickets in hand.
Edited:The match is over now.
Rest of India 314 & 378
Mumbai 198 & 204 (68.0 ov)
Rest of India won by 290 runs :)

Well Ajit going by your logic, looks like Indian selectors will have to play India-A side against Australia in the first test as India-A has outplayed the star-studded Indian side in the warm-up match. :D

Having said that lets hope Mumbai kick some ass in the warm-up game against the Aussies as I know Ajit will get me if they don't :D

P.S. Its all in fun dude! do not take it personally. Lets just have fun. Thanks.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Shailesh said:

Kasprowicz had a decent outing in Australia's most recent tour to SL. He took 12 wickets against them in 3 tests. Also in Australia against SL he had a 7 wicket haul. So I think Kasprowicz who is in form will accompany McGrath and Gillespie. Brett Lee is always a gamble on Indian type of wickets. The Indians really took him apart in the Sydney test in 2003 test series where he conceded 201 runs (also took 4 wkts though).

Ajit

Club Cricketer
rahulk666 said:
Well Ajit going by your logic, looks like Indian selectors will have to play India-A side against Australia in the first test as India-A has outplayed the star-studded Indian side in the warm-up match. :D

Having said that lets hope Mumbai kick some ass in the warm-up game against the Aussies as I know Ajit will get me if they don't :D

P.S. Its all in fun dude! do not take it personally. Lets just have fun. Thanks.

Yeah, India Sr. trailed by 89 runs on Day 2. Sourav said selection will be on form.
Dravid(22) and Laxman's(16) failure was the most dissapointing as it can't get worse, but Chopra(18), Sehwag(6) and Yuvraj(14) don't look like returning to form.
Ganguly(65) was the best and Zaheer got 3 wickets and Irfan 2. But it was a very poor failure.
But well done to India A anyway :clap , they could give India an eye-opener, so go India A :cheer

Score Day 3 - Lunch

India A 302(Sriram 125) & 166/2 (52.0 ov) (Jadhav 80 n.o., Kaif 54 n.o.)
India Seniors 213(Ganguly 65)

India A lead by 255 runs with 8 wickets remaining...

btw, I hope Aussies get outplayed by Mumbai. They have lost to Mumbai earlier as well(though that team had Sachin), I think Mumbai have some good players in Bahutule, Kambli, and even Agarkar will play...

btw, if Sachin gets fit on the eve of First Test, should he be rushed in? What if he passes the fitness test without injury being healed completely?(like Zaheer did) Also, that may further add to his injury.

Users who are viewing this thread